Sign in to follow this  
Snake Man

WrpTool Terrain Editor

WrpTool Beta Testing has started. Official WrpTool Forum.

This is private testing, no public betas will be released. We are looking for those "hardcore" terrain creator WRP loving people in the OFP community to help us test WrpTool and to bring in more ideas of how to improve it.

Send us information of your hardware, windows version (OFP needs to be v1.91), what kind of terrain are you working on including textures and p3d objects. Finally list as many nice features as you can think of which you would like to see in OFP terrain creation tool, let your imagination fly.

In our wrptool project page you'll find all the latest information and email address where to send applications.

Looking good, can't wait for the final version, looks so much nicer to use than wrpedit or visitor smile_o.gif

i always thought that was the reason Oxygen and Visitor where delayed so BIS would translate them and not everyone can abviously speak CZ?

i always thought that was the reason Oxygen and Visitor where delayed so BIS would translate them and not everyone can abviously speak CZ?

And I always thought drinking Coca Cola makes those TV commercials in India look bit purple?

BTW, is there a fully translated version of Visitor ?? Cause I have difficulties understanding what "pojmenovane oblasti" truly means and other things like that...  biggrin_o.gif

Edit: Just thought of another question...

Is it necessary to have OFP installed on the computer you work on ? Cause I tried to install Wrpedit v0.93 and it said 'no flashpoint installed on this computer' !

Hint: I'd like to make an island while in the office, don't tell my boss tounge_o.gif No way I can install OFP on this PC, I'd get killed wink_o.gif

To wrpTool creators -> Will wrptool support creating islands based on real maps?

As I notified the most problematic is object placing according the map. If it will be possibe to load scanned map in background it may be very usefull.

As I notified the most problematic is object placing according the map. If it will be possibe to load scanned map in background it may be very usefull.

What kind of scanned map are you talking about, one what shows you individual trees and such?

Do you have any example images of such vegetation maps?

We have been working hard for WrpTool even though our projects page has been quiet. Here is the latest update from yesterday.

Downtown Montignac

wrptool-44.gif

Montignac overview

wrptool-45.gif

Petrovice, Nogova

wrptool-46.gif

Nogova bridge

wrptool-47.gif

FireBase Falcon, Ia Drang

wrptool-48.gif

More details from WrpTool project page and Official WrpTool Forum.

On the slight chance that you don't feel appreciated I can tell you that this project looks very very nice.

I assume you can place home made addons not found in data3d in a simpler way than Visitor?

I assume you can place home made addons not found in data3d in a simpler way than Visitor?

You have to write the path+p3d name into objects.ini and you can then use it, or you load island that already has this p3d placed, its picked up automatically from there.

If you want to see the above 3d-view p3d models, you need to also un-pbo the p3d into the configured objects dir.

Any chance you could add a pressure sensitive (as in a feature designed for a graphics tablet) "island design" mode?

It would be appreciated greatly... as I have nothing to use this tablet for smile_o.gif

Guest ####

I'm most interested in how you managed to import all the origional islands onto that 51x51 map. My first island Olafsland is actually supposed to be a part of a chain of islands that comprises of the BIS islands.

Also when using the 51x51 maps do you run into problems in the mission editor? with lone wolfs origional 51 map I still can't use the mission editor and my puter is not ghetto.

In case no one told you:

I'll marry you when you release this lil' baby ! biggrin_o.gif

Thanks for making it, I believe many a humble island maker like me will be pleased with this tool, which looks powerful and simple ! Tell me there's no Czech rude language hidden in it (though it would be cool for a little clin d'oeil)...