Sign in to follow this  
Bullz_eye_on_my_back

Drawing on map

I know right now you can use symbols and everything using the mission editor for a mission, but during game play there isn't very much you can do and draw.

Is there anyway we can have an even better way of drawing on the map during game play ...or rather for designing missions too.

Maybe something kind of like the program "paint" ...where you can still draw shapes...or draw circles...write in text. Draw curved arrows and can just draw everything and any shape you desired. Even an errase function like it has. And a button to display to all of your group if they are within range or your vicinity.

Posibly highlight a certain area and display it on a small lil screen in the corner where you can draw on it and it comes up on your groups map too when you hit a "send to group" or "send to side" button... making intell and better strategic planning for multiplayers

Maybe its a crazy idea... but I think it would be a nice little detail for everyone. biggrin_o.gif

1) Admin needs to be able to disable individuals ability to do so

2) Each players contribution should be 'muteable' like with voice comms - so you can't see what they are drawing.

Immature kiddies drawing naughty pictures is a fact of life online sad_o.gif have to do somethign to get round it.

I play mainly co-op misisons online, and I think this is a realy good idea to implement. It would be alot easier to show your squad your plans or ideas with a diagram than say using 'Roger Wilco' with players with high pings.

Of course it would be open to abuse, but with some controls given to the Admin and perhaps the option to turn ON or OFF anything displayed by an individual player it should be ok.

Yep that's a good idea, I suggested this in some thread but I think it got lost along other suggestions, so I support this. smile_o.gif

Yep we want that drawing tool, it would be really useful in coop and norespawn human vs human matches. Offtopic i think there was a thred for this but no harm done, more we whine the bigger are our chances to get that in game biggrin_o.gif

well you can chat "abuse" too. I think it would be nice that if you keep the mouse arrow over a marker it said who placed it. Since sometimes some people just flood the map. And you don't know who to kick.

Good idea on the name thing too! How about also adding small numbers to the people on the map coresponding to the number they are in your group.... or if you select them have them some how highlight in the map view....

Could even go as far as giving them the colors too....refering to the different group teams...

Which all would be an option if no one wanted it wink_o.gif

If there´s an option to turn it off it´s ok, personally i think it´s bit retarded to see yourself or anybody on the map.

well i didn't mean everyone ....just people in your group that you command. Only when they are around you so then you know what number refers to who..