Sign in to follow this  
SturmTiger

New sherman comming!!!

looking good, could i suggest random numbers on the side where you have the number and also i like the colour seems to me other shermans where rather bright green.

Does the M4a3 have an engine grill? I'm not sure. Early production M4's did NOT have an engine grill on the back.

The machine gun port in the front hull is placed to high. It should be just above the "horizontal line with bolts" (sorry, I'm not english, so I don't know how it's called.

the tracks are too black. They should be a bit more rusty, dirty, and metal-looking.

I don't know what you do with the sounds, but a little request; I wold like to hear the tracks real loud. In real life you can hear the tracks from a long way. I love that!

Your doing a great job, though. It allready looks great. The hull colour is great!

The best Sherman around, it hase the most acurrat shape!

really nice work, will the Machinegun on the roof be usable?

The best Sherman around, it hase the most acurrat shape!

really nice work, will the Machinegun on the roof be usable?

Nope, thats imposible i think for opf.

Hey, in the background of pic 1, isnt'it a Late production model 7.5cm armed Marder III? wink_o.gif

The tracks are fine because the Shermans did not use metal tracks but instead used rubber and several other materials. So have the tracks rust and be metallic would imo be unrealistic. I might be wrong though so if anybody whose an expert please correct me. biggrin_o.gif

Cpt.FrostBite => Thanks!! I change it... I think M4 A3 75mm late version had grill, but I'm not sure.... biggrin_o.gif

No MG on the roof doesn´t work... OFP doesn´t support 2nd turret..

SPQR => Yes it's Panzerjager 38(t) Marder III Ausf.M

Looks great, I hope you make armor and damage values correct. Wasn't there some kind of damage & armor system made by WW2EC?

Textures on lower wheels sides are streched, because everything else looks fine they look a bit wrong wink_o.gif.

just keep the grill then, but I'll try to find out (better safe than sorry).

The tracks are metal, but they may have had rubber pads (as all current tracks), but again I'm not sure. Anyway, they should be made a bit dirty (sand/mud and little pieces of grass).

One other thing; the track texture is placed upside down! When you take a look at the third picture, you can see that the "V" on the tracks is pointed upwards. It should point downwards like "V". Just a detail wink_o.gif

on the yellow sign "45"; either remove it or make is dirty; it looks far to bright as it is right know.

on the line around the machinegun port;

does not go all the way around the port. At the bottum of the port a piece is left out in the middle. See if you can get a picture of that. At the top it's a perfect half circle.

the weels seem to be ill textured. The real wheels had wholes in them. These are the cast wheels. You migth want to consider using the pressed wheels on your model. These had no wholes in them. This way you don't have to texture black wholes (they look ugly). Add a little more detail to the wheels. Agian look at pictures for reference.

I'll try to find some pictures for you.

Wheells are provisional..!! I used texture from T55!!

Please If anybody have picture of M4 A3 wheel please post me:) sturmtiger@seznam.cz

I change mistakes on the front MG and upside down tracks biggrin_o.gif

Guest DKM-jaguar

that is some great work!!

A Sturmtiger making a sherman instead of destroying one biggrin_o.gif

that looks great....is there any chance of you making a firefly

its the same thing but with the more powerfull 17lb gun on it?

The engine grill is correct (actually it seems like some units had a plate over it and others didn't. I don't know the whole story on this, so just leave it as it is now)

The firefly has different turret aswel (becides the gun, duh). It's a much more powerfull version, but also quite rare.

A sherman is no match for a Sturmtiger. Although I think the shermans light armor was sometimes an advantage; On one incident when it was shot at by a Panzerfaust 60, the rocket went through the left-side armor, through the right-side armor and explodes on the outside of the tank. I believe the crew even survived.

Looking good!

Getting better and better.

But one thing make the tracks lighter.

There to dark against the model.

Regards

Marcel

good to see some more american ww2 stuff,

are you gonna make a new interior for it?

and are you gonna use the universal armor code?