Sign in to follow this  
Heatseeker

Smaller island/no vehicals

Before flaming starts...how about: An island half the size of malden but...HIGHLY decorated with lots of high rez vegetation and thick jungle, instead of city buildings some huts and stuff like that.

No vehicals. instead of having 30 ppl on a server all waiting for their turn to ride the hind or the abrams we would get interesting tactical jungle warfare, ppl would stick together, use team tactics and all that stuff.

I know that for many ppl OPF is just good because of vehicals and without those they would be playing MOH:AA instead, but for realistic combat fanatics it would be awsome smile.gif .

We could have binos, NVG, binoculars, rifles, nades, smoke, flares and all that goodness that comes with OPF, some cool SF soldier models with jungle cammo, dense jungle and huge enough battlefield (considering there would be no vehicals wink.gif ), but a much more detailed better looking, smaller area to do some interesting combat with.

Imagine a CTF or C&H in a high detail jungle with coll looking models and more tactical, team oriented game against the usual 20+ soldiers armed with sniper rifles and rpgs that want to show how good they are with a plane, helicopter or tank confused.gif That would be a much more interesting MP experience to me and it would work great on an opf type engine with OPFs realistic infantry gameplay, just take a look on many of the MP maps out there (bis stock included) and you will see a bunch of vehicals thrown at the map with a flag in the middle, not what i like to see in a "realistic" type game.

My discribed type of MP gameplay is something i would like to see in OPF2, vehical abuse made OPF mp not so interesting and even a little anoying confused.gifsmile.gif .

Why for OFP2? Whats so hard to make that for OFP??? A island shouldnt be a problem, and a missionendesigner simply makes no vehicles in it... i dont think thats a special feature

I wonder that no one made something like that.

Small island, only Nogova/Resistance stuff on it.

High quality, 2 big towns, 2 small towns, a river with bridge and so on.

MfG Lee wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 17 May 2003,16:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">thats all just mission design stuff, its already doable in OFP<span id='postcolor'>

Xcept the smaller but more decorated Island, and i wasnt thinking bout Nogova "clean" forests, i was thinking about thick jungle more the style of Everon/Kolgujev forests, but with varied type of high rez brushery and trees smile.gif .

i'd like a big field full of tall grass, so you can only see other people when your standing up.

That would be fun, you could stick it in clearings in the jungle.

for this shit you have to download wake island.

its small and paciffic.

you can also download the needed WWII addons for it.

make a mission and have fun!!!

Before flaming starts...how about: An island half the size of malden but...HIGHLY decorated with lots of high rez vegetation and thick jungle, instead of city buildings some huts and stuff like that.

No vehicals. instead of having 30 ppl on a server all waiting for their turn to ride the hind or the abrams we would get interesting tactical jungle warfare, ppl would stick together, use team tactics and all that stuff.

I know that for many ppl OPF is just good because of vehicals and without those they would be playing MOH:AA instead, but for realistic combat fanatics it would be awsome.

We could have binos, NVG, binoculars, rifles, nades, smoke, flares and all that goodness that comes with OPF, some cool SF soldier models with jungle cammo, dense jungle and huge enough battlefield (considering there would be no vehicals wink_o.gif ), but a much more detailed better looking, smaller area to do some interesting combat with.

Imagine a CTF or C&H in a high detail jungle with coll looking models and more tactical, team oriented game against the usual 20+ soldiers armed with sniper rifles and rpgs that want to show how good they are with a plane, helicopter or tank huh.gif That would be a much more interesting MP experience to me and it would work great on an opf type engine with OPFs realistic infantry gameplay, just take a look on many of the MP maps out there (bis stock included) and you will see a bunch of vehicals thrown at the map with a flag in the middle, not what i like to see in a "realistic" type game.

My discribed type of MP gameplay is something i would like to see in OPF2, vehical abuse made OPF mp not so interesting and even a little anoying huh.gifsmile_o.gif .

Game2 will be RPG military simulation as Morrowind. I don't agree with your opinion. I would like largest enviroment. Small island and rich enviroment is for actions as Battlefield42/2 but not for Game2. Game2 has rich enviroment. band.gif

Island's scale not important (very little) because new realtime system streaming island and his objects. Engine there's no call for you to worry with whole island.

I would like war conflict without frontiers !!!!!!!!

For ArmA or Game 2, this could just be a custom island, it shouldn't change what's planed for this game crazy_o.gif

The streaming thing, look at San Andreas, for example, the map is big, but still runs fine 99.999% of the time. Imagine that map-size x100, it'll still run fine, as it doesn't load the bits you dont see

- Ben

For a simple reply to a topic, try not to dig them up from two years ago.