Sign in to follow this  
Guest BratZ

Towable artillery

Moving the PAK by hand depends on how heavy the artillery piece is. But yeah usually it's a team of soldiers that move these towed artillery pieces around by hand and not just a single soldier. I think that it's fine the way it is to be honest. As for the AI using it, it's best just to write scripts that have the AI start with the PAK hooked up to the vehicle and then a script to have them dismount from the vehicle facing in the opposite direction of a target. Then have them mount the PAK. That would look very nice in a mission. The problem would be getting the AI vehicle driver to face the vehicle in the right direction every single time when he stopped. smile.gif

With that said, other then the bridge bug, I think this addon absolutely rocks and is a breakthru in the mod making community! Keep up the awesome work!!!!!!!!!

Chris G.

aka-Miles Teg<GD>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ 07 May 2003,07:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the bicycle one is fuuny biggrin.gif

also, this mean it is possible to make train!  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yeah that would be possible yes!

And its a so cool script! tnx again ;-)

This addons is SO NICE and original! GREAT WORK GUYS! wow.gifwow.gif

Is so fun to play and also the quality is over ALL places. Even you place some "old metal rotating sound" there. The optic is nice and the sounds used too. We can't ask more (well maybe other extra version without the branch hehe) This beauty is one of my favs addons for sure. Thanks!

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Othin @ 08 May 2003,17:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyways, back to the reporting.  If you save with the Pak hitched to your ass it is unhitched when you reload.  It also unhitches if you mount it.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes the unhitching when used i put there,but I just caught what you said about when you save your mission.

You said hooked to your "ass" but im sure the same results with vehicles too

Gotta think of something to overcome that

My two cents

Firstly great fun and a brilliant addon, one of the most enjoyable addons I've seen in ages

Bugs I’ve noticed are only that I could hitch two packs to one truck.

Also not so much a a bug as a request would be if it was possible to modify the script so that when you went on none-flat road the pak would bend with the road, at the moment it stays flat.

Another nice feature would be a script which makes the commander of the pak able to twist it after its been unloaded, even if he can’t move it he should be able to twist it slightly biggrin.gif

Great addon BTW

Guest DKM-jaguar

The only bad point i have is that the readme is not very clear on how to use this with other tow vehicles. I want to use it with the SDKfz 251 from I44, but the readme does not say where to write those scripts.

Guest BratZ

Reading some of the first posts in this topic dont help?

I am sorry for that...I asked modteams some classnames and any measurements ,but nobody spoke up.Otherwise I could have put it in a useraction within the model.

Just call this one line from a script,addaction,trigger etc...

[_vehicle,_pak,2,.19] exec "\GST_Pak36\towing.sqs"

The readme explains the variables some.

Guest BratZ

Also I think I see Marcel playing with that and I believe the Africa 42 version will be all fixed up for Marcels units I'm sure

hey can someone make a tow truck addon that can tow any car addon or default

Was looking for a reference picture so I could bother various people about making a wrecker or a towtruck, and it just came up with this.

delorean-tow-truck.jpg

Sorry - couldnd't help myself... heh

ah yes, and i also must say that, THE D/L LINK DON'T WORK NO MORE, PLEASE UPDATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not meaning to say this in a mean way, but it sounds like an awesome d/l and i really really really want it!

OMFG!!!!!! THe fricken d/l link aint working for me for some fricken odd reason!!!!!!!! Is there another place besides gamezone.cz that has it?rock.gif?rock.gif?? If not plz email add-on to me!

Nevermind, it was lagging and didn't start d/l cause i was d/ling 2 things, i have it now, thanks both of you!!!!!

Thanks,

Wacks

Thank you fighter for supporting our projects and helping.

The towable pak has been out a bit now.I believe it may have inspired some towable addons and I do know of some in progress.I have recently seen a nice tractor/trailer that is coming along nice.

As people may know I am generous with my addons and any of the scripts or such that I made are free to use and change for your own addons.However I do not own the pak model or textures so just be careful there

I will help what I can , just I wouldnt want to do the whole thing

Hey Bratz how can I make it so that the pak40 can be towed by I44's sdfkz 250?

ima post this in suggestions for OFP2, for people who can't script worth shit, "Make the engine so you don't need a script, so all u have to do is place the trailer and the hauler on the map, drive up to it, then you have an option to hook it."

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ Aug. 10 2003,15:43)]ima post this in suggestions for OFP2, for people who can't script worth shit, "Make the engine so you don't need a script, so all u have to do is place the trailer and the hauler on the map, drive up to it, then you have an option to hook it."

Using the Krupp Truck and Pak this addon works exactly that way

Hey Bratz how can I make it so that the pak40 can be towed by I44's sdfkz 250?

I would add an useraction to the sdfkz 250

Easy way would be in the mission editor is add this init line to the sdfkz:

this addAction ["Hook Pak", "pakhook.sqs"]

and in your mission directory make a pakhook.sqs file that contains this:

[sdfkz name,pakname,2,.19] exec "\GST_Pak36\towing.sqs"

replacing the sdfkz name with the ingame name you give it within the editor

and replacing the pakname with the name of the pak

To unhook the pak just have someone getin the pak,it will unhook

Wacky_Iraqi[LtC] @ Aug. 10 2003,22:59)]I'm not sure but, if i wanted to, could i replace the pakname and skdfz name with 5t truck and M1A1, so i can tow the Abrahams if i wanted to?

sure ...you would have to change some stuff in the towscript to use it with other addons like that.

Just that the Pak has an animated hitch and such and towing a tank ,it wouldnt look like that

It is just a text file named .sqs and Operation Flashpoint uses it as a script file

It can contain one line of code or several.To use one in your mission that is under construction (can't add a script within a already pbo'd mission)

Put the .sqs file within your Operation Flashpoint \ Users \ (your user name) \Missions \ (your editor mission name here)

Then you will be able to call it from within your mission.And it will be compiled with your mission when you export it as a single or multiplayer mission