(1) Onboard 10/100/1000Mbs Ethernet Adapter

(4) USB Ports: (2) Front USB 1.1, (2) Rear USB 2.0

(4) 3.5" x 1" Internal hard drive bays

(3) 3.5" Exposed drive bays

(2) 5.25" Exposed drive bays

460W Power supply

(2) 92MM, (1) 80MM Cooling fans

1.44MB Floppy drive

Tower Chassis (Optional 4U Rackmount kit)

Physical dimensions: 7.0"W x 17.0"H x 17.5"D

Boxx Tech 64-bit PC Workstation

It's really not that big a deal yet, and this Opteron setup that's out now runs 32bit games WORSE than current processors.

I think they should compile at least the Linux ded. Server for 64bit AMDs.

What I am wondering is how much the code needs to be changed to convert it from 32 to 64 bit. If no changes were necessary and just a recompile would be needed it should be no question if there is a 64bit release or not but I think it won't be that easy.

(I am using 64bit systems for years (DEC (now HP) Alphas) and many programs had bugs which did not exist in their 32bit versions. Of course they were fixed in no time but it shows that most probably more than a recompile is needed for 64bit)

what I say is this : even if 64 bit look to be bringing a lot of thing....

DON'T MESS WITH NEW TECHNOLOGIES!!!

everyone see what's hapening with the first GFX, they all s*ck!

64 bit as only been tested on servers and not video games that are sell to wide public yet. Also, they are absolutly NO 64 bit processor currently on the market and I don't pretty much have the money to pay for a new processor AND a new motherboard. I already got my freggin video card to change!! And I prefer DX9 features a lot more than what your 64 bit is capable of. So you are demanding BIS staff to work with DX9 AND 64 bit processor.....and at the same time you want them to bring us some real good gameplay like we saw in OFP1.

WHAT THE HELL did you guys eat or drink or I don't know what you took? But I think (i'm not into BIS office, so this might be wrong) theyre is a LIMIT in what BIS is capable of accomplish untill 2004. Everyone telling that they'll only need to recompile everything....well between you and me, that's gonna make a really cheap game. You either make the game at the full capacity of the 64 bit or you forget about it. I don't want and no one else here want to see OFP2 got down to the bottom of the ocean.

Sorry if i'm not as "enthousiasm" as everyone, but I prefer seing BIS working on new models, gameplay, sounds, island, etc than working on trying to debug 64 bit that not even 1/4 of the gamers will probly have a 64 bit processor at the release of the game and probly not before a long time.

Easy one.

<ul>

[*]Make it compile and run on 64 bit processors and OS:es. This is a no-brainer.

[*]Code it to make use of more than one physical processor, i.e. make it multithreaded. That way, people with HT processors will benefit, too.

Also, "coding for DX9 feature set" is not mutually exclusive to "64 bit compatibility".

consoles have 128 bit

Yeah, if you are a marketer at Sony or Nintendo. The method: get all data sheets for all the components in the console. Then jot down all numbers referencing "bits". Finally, ask/bribe an engineer to "put these thingies together, you know, with that "X" thats rotated"

"You mean add them together? The plus sign?"

"Yeah yeah whatever. What do I get"

"128"

"Cool"

j/k biggrin_o.gif