Sign in to follow this  
Skul

Russian voices

How do you give the player a russian voice?

EDIT: Oops! Damn wrong forum! Sorry! crazy.gif  crazy.gif

Mods move this!

(How did I make that mistake? biggrin.gif )

Sorry again!

If you have red hammer and if you are on the russian side, you will have a russian voice automatically...

I think he means he wants to get one in multiplayer...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (blackdog~ @ 02 May 2003,16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you have red hammer and if you are on the russian side, you will have a russian voice automatically...<span id='postcolor'>

Only the campain right? sad.gif

I know a easy way to activate it. I have only tried it in SP missions and editor preview shorties. Well here's how you do it.

As said above you need red-hammer.

First, make a new user. Name it for example "Russian". Then open the users folder. Then click the folder with the subfolder with the name of the new user. Then open the "userinfo" file with some text managing program. Then change the speaker= line to look like this:

speaker="Vladimir";

There are a multitude of russian voices and this is just the one i am using at current. I like it to get some feeling in to SP missions were you are a russian. I bet you can find some more voices by just picking random russian names. I think i have of all the russian "speakers" somewere on my HD but it's so cluttered now i cant find it. Well anyways good luck with your newfound russian voice!

I often hear somebody speak Russian voice in multiplay. I have Resistance but not Red Hammer. Why can I hear Russian voice? Does Resistance have Russian voice? And where in my hard disk? confused.gif

I do think i have an explanation, custom faces / glasses go into your "temporary" file. My guess is that you cant activate those russian voices without rusvoice.pbo (may not be the correct filename)