Sign in to follow this  
BAD ASS JACK

Better effects for the almighty ofp? :d

how about some bullet marks on people when they are hit, an entrence would and maybe some exit wounds?

and if you shoot someone on the head with a SABOT or summit like that, will they still have that head?, how about limbs that can be severed?

Because it might add to the game LAG and more the user age would be seveerly increased because of GORE although OFP ws originally for 15 + i know ppl 10 years old playing it crazy.gif

But it might add some realism to the game biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i know ppl 10 years old playing it<span id='postcolor'>

Intresting people you know Ace tounge.gif

Gore would be a nice touch in OF 2..And there could be a parental lock mode just like in SOF II...Gore would add to the realism I think...And by 2004 you don`t think at cheap people that still have Pentium 3....I mean in OF when you hit someone in the left leg blood covers both legs...Now that isn`t realistic is it?Besides gore I would like to see very nice wather effects.. In a way just like in Morrowind..And when I shoot the wather or throw a grande in it I would like to see the wather to splash out...

If you guys want to see heads explode, go to Baghdad.

I'll only offer support for gore if we also have blood curdling screams for mothers when anyone gets hit - that don't end for hours, max out your volume control and lock it down, even after you've quit OFP - and a kind of shock treatment plug-in where everytime you get hit, you get a jolt of electricity. Or better yet a bleeding wound. Now that's more like realism.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 01 May 2003,13:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Whats the point in not having all that gore?

Whats the point in having locational damage?

Whats the point in being able to fly planes?<span id='postcolor'>

1. Because it's disgusting.

2. Because simple locational damage, and as we have in OFP right now, a form of visual que that damage has been done to arms or legs or wherever, enhances gameplay. Excessive gore does not. There is a difference.

3. For another discussion.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Intresting people you know Ace<span id='postcolor'>

Well i never knew it myself but i saw this kid at www.opflash.org 's forums , i was completely in shock when i saw his age tounge.gif

I also wanted permamnent marks on the ground when artillery strikes or a tank round explodes the vanishing ones are stupid biggrin.gif

vanishing bullet holes and shell "craters" are a fact of life in "all" video games.

Why make the computer (or server) remember so many thousands of useless things like bullet holes.

Maybe explosion marks (like grenade and tank shell) should stay, adds to the scarred landscape look. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Hellfish6 @ 01 May 2003,23:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

1. Because it's disgusting.

<span id='postcolor'>

No more disgusting that sneaking up behind someone and shooting them in the head (in game)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

2. Because simple locational damage, and as we have in OFP right now, a form of visual que that damage has been done to arms or legs or wherever, enhances gameplay. Excessive gore does not. There is a difference.

<span id='postcolor'>In your opinion it doesn't. In many other peoples it does. Right now you can tell if someone is hit but not how badly, if all the shots were in the same place. With deeper locational damage, you can tell more accurately how badly they are injured. Hey presto, enhanced gameplay.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you guys want to see heads explode, go to Baghdad.

I'll only offer support for gore if we also have blood curdling screams for mothers when anyone gets hit - that don't end for hours, max out your volume control and lock it down, even after you've quit OFP - and a kind of shock treatment plug-in where everytime you get hit, you get a jolt of electricity. Or better yet a bleeding wound. Now that's more like realism.

<span id='postcolor'>

I can counter this arguement by simply saying: if YOU dont want realism go play quake. But that is not a productive discussion, and neither is your post. Proper reasons only please.

yup, tis all pointless, you shouldnt want to sit aorund amiting affects like that in a battlefield like OFP's, you should worry about covering your own back, and effects like it would only go noticed when you are mucking around.

I'm fed up with constantly hearing 'Go do this' and 'Go do that', or 'Go play "xxxxxx"'. They're not going to do it, are they?

I beg to differ (again), I'd be suprised if the BIS team didnt come here often to pick up what the public want, after all, its what makes a sequel so much better than the original, BIS cant expect to just revamp OFP with new graphics, and just by chance there's something they have forgotten to include, this would be their port of call.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 02 May 2003,01:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I can counter this arguement by simply saying: if YOU dont want realism go play quake.  But that is not a productive discussion, and neither is your post.  Proper reasons only please.<span id='postcolor'>

I dont wanna se this becomming real life on the point of wounds and these things It should also be a fun game to play where you have a certan distance to the game and the caraters that are in it how fun would it be to see bodys thoarn open lying all over thet battle field and town full of dead civilans. I dont wanna see then evning news on my computer. I know that is what happens in war and thats too bad. I want to play a game where the mechanics are as real a posible and thats where it should stop.

STGN

I don't. I want the mechanics to be as real as possible, not childlike magic wands that shoot bunnies at each other. I hate censorship in every form. If you want the good accept the bad.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 02 May 2003,13:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't.  I want the mechanics to be as real as possible, not childlike magic wands that shoot bunnies at each other.  I hate censorship in every form.  If you want the good accept the bad.<span id='postcolor'>

I dident say that tanks should be unrealistic actualy I said the uposid. But then you would not mind seeing childs getting there heads shot of wemen getting raped and so on I wanna play war where the focus is on the battle not on the wounds mad.gif It is a warfare simulator not a slaghter haus.

*** are sick.

STGN

A bit more realistic effects would be great but not the most important thing

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Baron Hurlothrumbo IIX @ 02 May 2003,07:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't.  I want the mechanics to be as real as possible, not childlike magic wands that shoot bunnies at each other.  I hate censorship in every form.  If you want the good accept the bad.<span id='postcolor'>

Confession: If there was a gory setting, I would always have it on.

Our difference is that I see keeping excessive gore out as not censorship, but just a matter of taste.

However, I think that exploding heads and gushing blood is not realistic, at least in the way that it has been talked about in this topic. The people that want to see this feature, from what I've read, are people who just want gore for gore's sake. They don't care about realism. They just want to say "Oh cool" after body parts go flying from a direct RPG hit to the torso. They want to walk up into that pool of blood and see a beating heart or smoking lungs. The kind of effects that make you want to kill more to see what'll happen next.

In my ideal OFP game, there would be no crosshairs, lots of gore (and, yes, screaming), medical evacuations and everything as realistic as possible. But I don't want it to be just fluff. If gore will be included (which I honestly doubt it will) then I wouldn't want it to be sensationalistic. I'd want it to be brutally honest.

Well I think we are on the same wavelength here hellfish. I don't want unrealistic things, and anything like this should have option to turn it off (although mainly for performance reasons imo)

I'd want it to be similar to the effects in SPR with the AA gun in the town (if you were to shoot inf with a zsu or something)

Not doom style chunky kibbles of gibs.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If gore will be included (which I honestly doubt it will) then I wouldn't want it to be sensationalistic. I'd want it to be brutally honest.

<span id='postcolor'>Completely agree.

Gore??? Nah i dont think that would improve the gameplay much.

Bullet holes??? Hell yeah.... you can use them to peek through.

Bullet holes are a whole different kettle of fish, I dont think they will be possible for at least 2 / 3 years (proper ones you can look through)- involves doing some heavy duty processing for each bullethole.