Sign in to follow this  
Goeth

Veteran/cadet mode

I would like to see more differences between these two modes. First that comes to mind is that when you choose the veteran mode the gun recoils would change to much more realistic ones, maybe armor values would change and ammo damages would be more realistic. Anyone some good ideas?

that sounds like a bad Idear why should you play CS in easy mode and Play OFP en veteran mode.

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">that sounds like a bad Idear why should you play CS in easy mode and Play OFP en veteran mode.<span id='postcolor'>

Sounds like a good idea to me.

I like OFP to be as realistic as possible. But as you can see now playing OFP in the net most people do not(all servers play with these annoying chrosshairs on for example)

And the game should appeal to a large number of players (for BIS to earn good money). So scaling the realism seems to be a verry good idea for me!

Works fine for realistic FS like IL2 BTW.

Exactly, i don´t see any harm if bis gives more options regarding the difficulty level.

I think that reality comes first I dont wanna se OFP turning int to CS even on easy mode I agree that you may be able to set some more things but not how veapons vork and how thick amour are.

STGN

Well the veteran mode in current ofp doesn´t satisfy me because there is no big differences compared to cadet mode. I really would like to have a real veteran mode and we can´t achive that without touching the armour levels and recoils. Harder the better.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Goeth[kyllikki] @ 01 May 2003,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well the veteran mode in current ofp doesn´t satisfy me because there is no big differences compared to cadet mode. I really would like to have a real veteran mode and we can´t achive that without touching the armour levels and recoils. Harder the better.<span id='postcolor'>

I have a better idear the what about changing the skils of the soldiers you are fighting On cadet mode it could just be green soldiers just out of boot camp or how many enemy troops you are faceing much better than making the game unrealistic I would also be harder fore addons makers like my self we would have to wright long .cpp's to make diffrent seting s on the weapons.

STGN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think the [FGG] server plays without the crosshairs.<span id='postcolor'>

Thanks, have to go and try that one out!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ 02 May 2003,14:27)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have a better idear the what about changing the skils of the soldiers you are fighting On cadet mode it could just be green soldiers just out of boot camp or how many enemy troops you are faceing much better than making the game unrealistic I would also be harder fore addons makers like my self we would have to wright long .cpp's to make diffrent seting s on the weapons.

STGN<span id='postcolor'>

Not a bad idea, but still i don´t think the recoils and damage levels are realistic if you look at the current ofp. Just look the m16 rifle, i think it´s not possible in real life to shoot targets to 200m with speed of 900 bullets per minute and every bullet hit the target. and the config writing shouldnt bee too much trouble if bis gives a recoils template or something like that. But yes that cadet/veteran thingie would give some extra work to addon makers but not too much i think.

Auto-hover disabling in Veteran Mode smile.gif

About recoils, why set the aimpoint back to initial position after firing? This enable "long distance bullet spray", one of the most horrible thing seen in MP. The aimpoint should be a little above (it's feasible today in OFP, but better having it without 3rd part addons). On the same level, why restrict recoil to vertical movements?

Whis'

PS: Check my sig, pingZero has no 3rd view, no weapon crosshair when playing in vet. BTW playing in Cadet only put crosshairs back tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Originally posted by Marek Spanel in gamezone interview

We want to make OFP2 more realistic and also more fun for gamers. We continue to cooperate with various people and we will continue to listen to feedback from our valuable community to make the game as good as possible. OFP2 will be more customisable, for example by further extending the choices player can made between Cadet and Veteran mode.

<span id='postcolor'>

SOURCE

Number of saves per mission should be a difficulty option: settable from 0 (for hardcore troopers) to unlimited (fresh meat)...and in between (1, 3, 5 etc.) wink.gif