Sign in to follow this  
andersgrim

More weapon effects

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (haunted @ 03 May 2003,08:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We're not dealing with modern weapons, we're dealing with vietnam<span id='postcolor'>

Which doesn't neccessarily mean they cannot develop new actions,proxies and animation effects to the weapons...

another little idea - make it so the gun disappears from the holster when the player has got it inhand.

Mabye it's possible to swap the gun in the holster depending on what gun you have chosen. ie. if you have got a beretta, the beretta model is shown in the holster. And for this not to screw up when bigger secondary's are holstered - mabye a holster can be defined with the gun model..

But all this is things which would be fine to the current ofp game..mabye they wouldn't fit into a nam type of game....

I would like them to change the effects of the bullets hitting the ground. In OFP there is sjust a like a brown circle which pops up from where the bullet hits but in real life there would be a small burst of dust which would hang around for a littlebit.

DAmn straight. BIS needs to realize that plenty of people will buy OFP2 for the subject matter, but they may well just throw it away if the SDK release is as bungled as it was for OFP1. Noone will wait a year after the release of OFP for Ozone (O3-yeah, I'm sorry about that one) and such. And for christs sake, remove the arbitrary constraints like "No missles on wheeled vehicles" or "no wheel and tracks on the same vehicle"

I really like the idea of customizeable gear. more pouches = more ammo.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ 02 May 2003,19:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think BIS really need to develop weapons and attachments to weapons a lot more, also the amount of ammo should not be always limited to 10 mag slots it should be decided upon what equipment they are wearing, which should also be chosen, as in many RPG games.<span id='postcolor'>

Definitely. And I would really like to see every attachment have it's own set of effects on the config, example: a suppressor would lower the projectile velocity, the damage, the sound radius, and the muzzle flash presence.

Instead of writing a new config for a weapon variant, just alter the original. That way you can stack accessories together for cumulative effects.

Also, magazine configs should only have ammo type and bullet count. A Colt Commando will have different ballistics from an M16 or an M249, so let us control that while still sharing a common ammo source.

And another thing - at this time, the sound of a weapon is defined in the magazine (if i am right). So to make a weapon sounddepressed, you will have to config a new magazine for the sd version...

cannot this be changed? so the sounddepressor/weapon is the place to define the sound...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andersgrim @ 03 May 2003,23:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And another thing - at this time, the sound of a weapon is defined in the magazine (if i am right). So to make a weapon sounddepressed, you will have to config a new magazine for the sd version...

cannot this be changed? so the sounddepressor/weapon is the place to define the sound...<span id='postcolor'>

A sounddepressor makes the front part of the rifle heavier which results in different behaviour when looking through the weapon sights. IE your ability to hold the rifle straight is decreased.

Actually wieght on the front of the gun can reduce movement.

If you want to make a gun quiter shoot sub sonic rounds. that is why silenced guns dont have as much power behind them because they are sub sonic.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I would like them to change the effects of the bullets hitting the ground. In OFP there is sjust a like a brown circle which pops up from where the bullet hits but in real life there would be a small burst of dust which would hang around for a littlebit.

<span id='postcolor'>

TURN CLOUDLETS ON!!!

I cant see BIS using a system where u can add attachments to your weapon, therefore sounds would be pre defined.

Now that we are talking about weapons, there should be horizontal recoil and there should be First Person animations that show the soldier reloading the magazine properly.

Just an opinion smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Sharpshooter @ 04 May 2003,09:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there should be horizontal recoil<span id='postcolor'>

You can always config the recoil yourself..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgRecoils

{

MyRecoil[]={0.050000,0.010000,0.140000,0.350000,0,0};

};

<span id='postcolor'>

I would like to see some animations for bolt action operated guns, such as some snipers.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (andersgrim @ 04 May 2003,06:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif1--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (The Sharpshooter @ 04 May 2003,09wow.gif1)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">there should be horizontal recoil<span id='postcolor'>

You can always config the recoil yourself..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">

class CfgRecoils

{

MyRecoil[]={0.050000,0.010000,0.140000,0.350000,0,0};

};

<span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

But it´s always vertical recoil, does one of those values represent horizontal recoil ? I mean left and right recoil not only upwards recoil. I haven´t seen any weapon with horizontal recoil so I guess itt isn´t possible in OFP.