Sign in to follow this  
Mister 5

Mailman's alpha spetznaz addon...

The Mailman has recently made available his Russian Alpha Spetznaz addon. It's a very nice addon with good textures and modeling, including an interesting helmet.

You can find it (and an update to his militia addon) at:

west.flashpoint.ru

www.flashpoint.ru

ofp.info

Pics of the Alphas:

Alfa1.jpg

Alfa2.jpg

Alfa3.jpg

And a pic of the militia update:

Militia1.jpg

Nice addon, textures on the Alpha guys are really nice. The armor on these guys appears quite reasonable as well.

Even better they are still in beta with Mailman apparently promising more updates and animations on the visors!

Well i had 12 of them against 80 gimbal tossers (i love that addon - still!wink.gif. We killed them with rocks, what were you using?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jinef @ 26 April 2003,16:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well i had 12 of them against 80 gimbal tossers (i love that addon - still!wink.gif. We killed them with rocks, what were you using?<span id='postcolor'>

lol i was using BAS Delta, against the one with the weird mechanical garage worker helmet

smile.gif

The helmet looks weird.Like a Motorbike one.Is that really the helmet they use in RL?

Real nice but which era do these belong?

Because the alpha group of these Spetznatz was responsible for the assasination of the Afghan premier in the 80's !

But i like them anything that can beat those BAS deltas is likeable biggrin.gif

they are of this era ('95-2000), and those are titanium+kevlar helmets, and yes, they do use 'em.........

you need RF weapons pack for them to work.....

One question. Why are some of the units wearing British DPM and webbing? I know it's from GR, but you could have used some of the other nice Russian cammo. Or am I just missing something?

The "Alpha" group using a many types of camo. This camo is used Alpha in 2002 year in North-Ost.

its not a british camo, it just looks similar, but its not..

No, I took it apart, and it uses the Brit DPM from Ghost Recon.

Now the cammo from the Caucasus mod uses Ghost Recon cammo as well, but it's from the Russian units in the game. Looks great, but these units I DL'd use british DPM... trust me, it may look like something else, but it is what it is tounge.gif

Just wondering why. No big deal.

well, some textures are from GR - it's right. The camo is Brtitish - right too, but as well i'm said The Alpha group using many type of camo and British camo too.

P.S.IMHO BAS's deltas are too using the GR's textures.

ohh......never mind, I thaught you were talking about the camo that they use in rl....and i didnt know that this camo was from gr.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mailman76 @ 28 April 2003,05:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, some textures are from GR - it's right. The camo is Brtitish - right too, but as well i'm said The Alpha group using many type of camo and British camo too.

P.S.IMHO BAS's deltas are too using the GR's textures.<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, not a chance. No GR "cammo" at all. Depbo them and look. I used my Nam pack psd templates and put cammo behind them instead of a color. The cammo is from my old delta units that came out loooong before Desert Seige. For the shadows and highlight layers I used probably about 5 different clothing photos from various uniform sites that had one color cloth so I could greyscale it, up the contrast, composit all of them then use it as a layer set to multiply so it would show up as shadows. All in all about 20 layers worth. In a couple of places I looked at how GR skins use shadows and copied that with the airbrush and smudge tool. Then I used smudge tool to smooth every poly seam as best I could so that the shadows and seams would line up from ploy to poly. Then I repositioned each cammo layer under the shadow layers about a million times so they too might line up, or I copied and pasted each bit of cammo a million differnt ways to try and line them line them up.

I was just wondering why they used British cammo. I could honestly care less where it came from. And for gods sake, open up the Deltas and look before accusing me of anything. If you had, it's more than obvious that they are not even close. I spent months making templates that can be used to make multiple units by adjusting one layer. Look at the Nam pack. They all use one temple with just the color changed. Same goes for the Rangers and Deltas.

I really like the units btw... didn't mean for this to go this route.

Don't see the reason why not using textures from GR.

All the more that textures from GR very good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mailman76 @ 28 April 2003,08:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't see the reason why not using textures from GR.

All the more that textures from GR very good.<span id='postcolor'>

I totally agree. Nothing wrong with it in my eyes. I love that game, and think the models and textures from that game are done very well. Maybe you could try and get the character models ingame in OFP. I've tried, but the tagging of body parts on O2 drove me crazy smile.gif You could DL the 3ds files from a GR site a give it a try. They look great in O2.

Again, I do love those Spets units. Keep up the good work.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mailman76 @ 28 April 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thx smile.gif

But i think the models from GR get to OFP is impossible or very hard to redeem becose some formidabillity with name of unit's parts.<span id='postcolor'>

No, not totally impossible. I got one of the Island Thunder Ghosts ingame, and it worked ok. Its just that in OFP there are "joints" between each area for the animations to look right. In the GR 3ds models I imported there are no set joints like in OFP since it uses a different animation system. So it works, at least the legs/body and feet did. The arms just never worked right. So I quit trying smile.gif PLus LODS were a problem.

Very cool model pics.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mailman76 @ 28 April 2003,09:30)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Thx smile.gif

But i think the models from GR get to OFP is impossible or very hard to redeem becose some formidabillity with name of unit's parts.

P.S. oh, i forgot - this is some pics about using camos.

http://www.minisoldat.by.ru/Sovr1.htm<span id='postcolor'>

hey this link is great!

What about making some Soviet afghanistan units Mailman? wink.gif

looks like you just need to change the headgear and webbing on OFP's units. smile.gif

http://www.minisoldat.by.ru/afgP.htm

http://www.minisoldat.by.ru/afgPback.htm

http://www.minisoldat.by.ru/A105.htm

http://www.minisoldat.by.ru/A104.htm

http://www.minisoldat.by.ru/A103.htm