Sign in to follow this  
Vinsen

What would you like to see in ofp2

Well I would like to see just a few of things.

Usable Water.

Mulitple Weapon Support (on Vehicles that is)

Moving Vehicle on Moving Vehicle (doesnt seem possible yet)

This last because without how on earth do you get Heavy Non-Amphibious vehicles to these islands (Landing Craft)

I like the thought of driving the craft , beaching and then having a colleage drving an M60 of it.

I'd like them to fully implement what they have started: a real object oriented script language with all the bells and whistles.

*Integrated text editor in the mission editor (for script editing).

*Debugger

*Command line parser within the actual game

*Real dynamic creation of objects (instead of the current camCreate)

*Real-time programming features like threadsafe, semaphores etc.

*Exception handling

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ July 07 2002,18:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like them to fully implement what they have started: a real object oriented script language with all the bells and whistles.

*Integrated text editor in the mission editor (for script editing).

*Debugger

*Command line parser within the actual game

*Real dynamic creation of objects (instead of the current camCreate)

*Real-time programming features like threadsafe, semaphores etc.

*Exception handling<span id='postcolor'>

Do you mind if I add these requests to my semi-official OFP2 Community Wishlist? It's stuff I never would have thought of myself (but I'm not a mission designer - I can barely get on the internet let alone write scripts and stuff.) wink.gif

In the mission editor:

An observer mode with a controllable camera so that you can watch the action. This would be especially good if you could jump to observer when you have died. It would be nice to watch your lads carry on the attack (or get slaughtered) instead of just hearing them.

An ability to jump to another unit to check your triggers are working.

Guest Scooby

Atleast in Finland standard ammo load is 6*30 round mags. 10 - 15 magazines is... well... I dont feel that much ammo is needed.

I don't really see the point of other infantry than mortar crews carrying mortar rounds because mortar crews come way behind. Sometimes we had mines or NSV but thats about it.

We had it so that squad of 7 soldiers had two LAW men who had 2 - 4 LAW's each. Not every soldier carrying LAW.

Inventory system should be redone. I really cant get it why amount of LAW's affects to number of handgrenades or to amount of magazines carried.

I think that different ammunition types should still be done basically in the same way as they are currently done in OFP. For example Russians have two different 7.62 rounds. 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R. 7.62x39 is used by AK-47, RPK and RPD. 7.62x54R is used by PKM and Dragunov sniper rifle. You cant use same ammunition with PKM and RPD.

Your suggestion would not make it any easier unless there would be a way to take bullets out of magazines and then being able to load them into magazines of different weapons which would use that ammunition type.

Basically what I would like to see in OFP2 would be:

- fixing the most obivious realism issues

- redone inventory system

- finetuning of weapon data (handling, damage, etc).

- Alot more improved damage modelling which would have different penetration values to different ammunition types and localizised damage modelling.

- Improved physics modelling.

- Improved ground vehicle handling (screw air and naval vehicles, they are good as they are now)

-More varied weapons and vehicles including crew served weapons such as TOW, mortars, AGS-17, MK-19, etc. Different AT and AP mines.

-Realistic command structure.

-Being able to give your team members more detailled commands such as when to open fire, areas of fire, etc.

-More realistic wounding / dying system for soldiers. (could be divided to light/fatal wounds and in some cases straight death.

For light and fatal wounds different level of first aid would be required. Anyone could help with light wound. On fatal wound player would require assistance of medic and then evacuation to field hospital.

Changes to troop movement which would include:

- ability to get up and down faster. At the moment it is impossible to do 3 - 5 second movements from position to position.

- ability to shoot bit more accurate while running

- handsignals

- Being able to shoot LAW from prone and standing position

Thats about what comes to my mind right now. Most likely all this would be somewhat impossible task but I'd be happy if atleast small part of this would be done.

Hi its my first post on this forum but I have been reading it since the ambush demo came out last year!

I think one thing that would really improve the realism for me is for constant radio chatter (like real ATC on a flight sim) not the normal "oh no... 1 is down, 2 injured!" stuff but maybe scripted chatter like in the new single player mission with resistance or in Ambush when you aproach the first village and hear the other team being over-run. The chatter wouldnt even have to relate to the mission, it could just be other battles taking place on the island. That for me would make my battle seem like part of a much larger war.

Just my 2p... Oh and thanks for the game BIS, its the only game that frustrates me to hell but still has me looking at the clock waiting to go home and play it!

Luke

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (lukeedwards @ July 08 2002,09:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hi its my first post on this forum but I have been reading it since the ambush demo came out last year!

I think one thing that would really improve the realism for me is for constant radio chatter (like real ATC on a flight sim) not the normal "oh no... 1 is down, 2 injured!" stuff but maybe scripted chatter like in the new single player mission with resistance or in Ambush when you aproach the first village and hear the other team being over-run. The chatter wouldnt even have to relate to the mission, it could just be other battles taking place on the island. That for me would make my battle seem like part of a much larger war.

Just my 2p... Oh and thanks for the game BIS, its the only game that frustrates me to hell but still has me looking at the clock waiting to go home and play it!

Luke<span id='postcolor'>

Martin's UH-1 mod has radio chatter in the helicopters. It's really quite cool. Such a small thing makes a big improvement in immersiveness.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Scooby @ July 08 2002,06:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Atleast in Finland standard ammo load is 6*30 round mags. 10 - 15 magazines is... well... I dont feel that much ammo is needed.

I don't really see the point of other infantry than mortar crews carrying mortar rounds because mortar crews come way behind. Sometimes we had mines or NSV but thats about it.

We had it so that squad of 7 soldiers had two LAW men who had 2 - 4 LAW's each. Not every soldier carrying LAW.

Inventory system should be redone. I really cant get it why amount of LAW's affects to number of handgrenades or to amount of magazines carried.

I think that different ammunition types should still be done basically in the same way as they are currently done in OFP. For example Russians have two different 7.62 rounds. 7.62x39 and 7.62x54R. 7.62x39 is used by AK-47, RPK and RPD. 7.62x54R is used by PKM and Dragunov sniper rifle. You cant use same ammunition with PKM and RPD.

Your suggestion would not make it any easier unless there would be a way to take bullets out of magazines and then being able to load them into magazines of different weapons which would use that ammunition type.

Basically what I would like to see in OFP2 would be:

- fixing the most obivious realism issues

- redone inventory system

- finetuning of weapon data (handling, damage, etc).

- Alot more improved damage modelling which would have different penetration values to different ammunition types and localizised damage modelling.

- Improved physics modelling.

- Improved ground vehicle handling (screw air and naval vehicles, they are good as they are now)

-More varied weapons and vehicles including crew served weapons such as TOW, mortars, AGS-17, MK-19, etc. Different AT and AP mines.

-Realistic command structure.

-Being able to give your team members more detailled commands such as when to open fire, areas of fire, etc.

-More realistic wounding / dying system for soldiers. (could be divided to light/fatal wounds and in some cases straight death.

For light and fatal wounds different level of first aid would be required. Anyone could help with light wound. On fatal wound player would require assistance of medic and then evacuation to field hospital.

Changes to troop movement which would include:

- ability to get up and down faster. At the moment it is impossible to do 3 - 5 second movements from position to position.

- ability to shoot bit more accurate while running

- handsignals

- Being able to shoot LAW from prone and standing position

Thats about what comes to my mind right now. Most likely all this would be somewhat impossible task but I'd be happy if atleast small part of this would be done.<span id='postcolor'>

You guys only carry 6 magazines into combat? You must get resupplied a lot. Our *minimum* is 7. I always carried 13, myself.

Infantry carry mortar rounds because it gives the mortar crews more ammo. That's all. Mortar guys almost always travelled with the rest of the infantry company and would set up their tubes in out Assembly Area. We'd dump all our mortar ammo on them there, then continue the attack.

We too also carried mines and claymores. But never a .50 cal machinegun! Are NSVs lighter than M2s? It takes three men to move a .50 cal, and more for the ammo. The only time we ever used .50 cal MGs is when someone dropped them off for us in the HMMWV. We NEVER carried them.

And as for LAWs, we all would carry one if we could. It made no sense to us to have one or two guys carry them all. What if they got shot and we couldn't reach them? Then we just lost half of our AT missiles.

I agree with the inventory comment. LAWs should not affect grenades. Even rifle magazines should not affect grenades. They are carried separately (actually, every American ammo pouch has a place for 3 rifle magazines and 2 grenades)

As for the Russian 7.62mm ammo, I had no idea that it was different. I've never fired a Russian weapon before, except an RPG.

I would like to see some hand to hand combat. At least put some bayonets on the rifles for when you don't have any ammo left. Also I would like to see stationary artillery, and be able to call in an artillery strike if they are available. And wouldn't be cool if you had battleships for coastal bombardments? I certainly think so. biggrin.gif

In America as least, special operations guys often carry several thousand rounds on their backs.

Once more, if you do not wish to bother with reconstructing the flight model to make it realistic, please make a patch or two to make it flyable (*cough* rudder *cough*).

Guest Scooby

NSV wasnt carried too often. Only then when we could get near enemy so that it wouldnt have to be carried for long distance. It was sometimes added to weaponry of fire support team to give some extra firepower to them in addition to LMG's.

LAW's were carried by two men so that coordinating their fire would be easier. LAW men were pair and were next to each other. Bad luck if they both happened to die.

It worked so that the "older" soldier of LAW team gives orders to the "younger" soldier in team. So when I'd feel like we'd be using LAW's I'd command my pair to put his LAW to firing condition. Then when we'd have target I'd order him like this. "Target IFV, 150 meters". Then he would aim the target and set his LAW's sights to distance of 150 meters. Then I would command "fire" and he would shoot. While he shoots I would observe if round hits of misfires. If he would miss I would adjust my aim according how he missed.

All this should happen in few seconds and both LAW's are practically launched at the same time.

what the next game needs is characters that dont look like zombies and talk like a guy talking a dump.

Fully interactive objects, by this i mean you could use any object as a weapon, as in real life. Yeah, this belongs in a indors type fps, but it would be cool eh? You could throw your empty magazines at people (like in metal gear solid 2), or rip a branch of a tree and smack it against a enemys head, and so on.

And dont make the game want to kill your self after screwing up or failing, ive punched my monitor one too many times smile.gif .

I think that they should just fix the problems that the OpF1 engine has, and build slightly up from there. The more ambitious you get (Exit wounds, Interactive objects, etc) the more coding and thus, hand in hand, more bugs. That is why OpF had so many bugs at first, it was such an ambitious game that there were bound to be bugs. The OpF2 engine should basically be the OpF1 engine, except much better graphics capabilities and lots of pre-release bug squashing.

The only real big thing I want to see changed (right now, anyways) is allowing cities. Like full-fledged cities, not the towns and villages that there are now. Take the biggest city in OFP:R and make it three times bigger and you'd have what I want, except for some new, more urban buldings.

I would like to see the explosion first, then the blast mark on the ground and the tank/whatever turning black last!.

Its the only niggle I've got. i hate seeing a target suddenly turn black and damaged with the blastmark miraculasly apearing like a premonition!, then the explosion happening. its a bit of a spoiler..., but only a little one wink.gif ...

This isnt just for OFP 2 but for future patchels aswell, some stuff are probably easy enough to have fixed to the next patch like the first thing on my list.

Im gonna mention a bug that has been around since 1.0 and noone seems to notice:

Drop ladder

Before resistance this action did nothing, now with resistance if U use the action you will just keep climbing the ladder til U reach the top or the bottom and then you will jump backwards. This is kinda annoying if you want to drop the ladder and change Ur mind and want to clim up, then when U reach the top the the guy will jump backwards to a certain death.

I also, like many other people want bullets to go through stuff, like if there is a guy in a wooden house you empy a couple of MG mags in it. Also if you shoot a M113 or BMP with 25mm AP it would penetrate and kill the guys in the back or the crew. Im not sure this is what would happen IRL since I´ve never shot with 25mm AP at a M113 or BMP, but if thats what would happen thats what I want to happen.

I would also like to be able to see under water(not very well without goggles of course) so U know when Ur under water without holding Ur gun up in the air, maybe there could also be frogmen that could place charges on LSTs and other big boats that might be added?

Of course I would like a mortars/grenades/tankshells to leave  craters in the ground if it doesnt make it lagg too much. Also when you shoot a building with a cannon it would leave a hole in the wall (like you can shoot holes in the walls is some places in Red Faction).

I want the vehicles to take dammage from falling, so if you blow up one end of the bridge U cant just come driving with your motorcyckle in 210km/h from the other end and expecting to survive it.

I also like the crew in tanks die if 2 tanks crash into eachother at top speed. Like M1A1, I think it does 80-90km/h in OFP, if two M1A1 would drive at eachother at topspeed and crashing it would be about 90km/h to 0km/h in 0.1 secs, ouch...

If you have only one bullet left in your magazine, switch to burst mode and shoot it will sound like U shoot a burst, I think it would just be bang-click and not bang-bang-bang.

One thing with the kozlice also, if you shoot a shell and switch to ball very quick all bullets in the shell wount be shot. U can shoot with shell, switch to ball, switch back and see that there are still 4 bullets of the 7 left. U can use that to kill more people with less ammo.

This is more important then the minor bugs. U have to be able to put mines and satchels into trucks wich U cant at the monent. Also you should be able to pick up ammo even if you dont have a weapon for it. You could for example carry an AT for a guy in you team who has a launcher or you could carry mortars and grenades for you teammates.

Take away the zooming ability on the static M2 MGuns and give it a ironsight like the non static weapons. Or just give it optics.

Also the bridge at the little island with an airport should be fixed, have a look at it and you see what I mean.

The V-80 is hard to aim with cuz it seems it wants to start wobbleing like the other choppers did earlier from side to side.

Maybe with the ability to pick up ammo wich dont have any weapon for it would be too many options on the action menu. This could be solved by making it possible to edit your inventory the same way U can edit it in the briefing when you change weapons and magzines. So if you stand at and ammo crate you can press M to get up Ur map, switch to gear section, press a handgrenade and get a list of all the ammo that is in the crate. I would really love to see this function.

I would like it to be easier to walk on the roofs of buildings that dont have a ladder to the roof. And sometimes when you run off the endge of a roof it will take 2-3 secs to hit the ground cuz U get stuck in the building or something. Would be nice to be able to climb up those tankgarages or what U wanna call them that U can find in military bases. There are already ladders on them but U cant climb up unless you put a Training 3 infront of them or something.

Red flares are invissible if you have nightvision on, is it supposed to be ?

I had a very big problem with the AIs in resistance, I tell them all to board a truck and 1-2 get confues and start spinning around having no idea what to do. Then I have to tell them to return to formation and tell them to board the truck again and they usually make it.

You should be able to shoot soldiers in parashutes. There was a big disgussion about that and it being against the "genevea convension" (sorry I cant spell that) but that it was only crew parashuters U should not shoot. Anyway you should be able to shoot all guys in parashutes even if its not right, U can shoot civilians...

Ok thats what I could come up with at the moment. Now I gotta go eat cuz Im starving.

Just thought of another thing. Would be cool if when U shot a grenade in the water there would a a big splash instead of an explosion. Also splashes when vechiles drive into the water.

I noticed that water will now shoot up if you shoot it, nice smile.gif

I wouldn't want ofp2 to be any major departure from the feel the game has now but i would like to see things added like artillery and airstrikes, you could call in the co-ordinates using the maps and there could be the possibility of human error and friendly fire. Maybe include more psycholgy so troops surrender if they are surrounded or have seen their entire squad die. Self preservation should be more of an issue with the AI, soldiers on both sides are currently suicidally brave.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (pearce @ July 14 2002,07:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I wouldn't want ofp2 to be any major departure from the feel the game has now but i would like to see things added like artillery and airstrikes, you could call in the co-ordinates using the maps and there could be the possibility of human error and friendly fire. Maybe include more psycholgy so troops surrender if they are surrounded or have seen their entire squad die. Self preservation should be more of an issue with the AI, soldiers on both sides are currently suicidally brave.<span id='postcolor'>

A random artillery scatter system could take care of human error. Have each shell land somewhere within 100-200 meters of a coordinate like real artillery - not land right on target. And then have each shell itself have a random blast radius - making it lethal from 5-50m away.

i watn the abilaty to use the transmition in cars.

like manual and aut transmition.

what i would like to see in OFP2 well there aload of thing i would like to see but i have so little time and space to get them all down so i keep this simple (1) Parachuting and Jumping (i)would like to see the able to halo jump out of a c130 plane. i played Halo black-op and love the free fall it would be better if you could actual walk or step of a c130 and do the halo (Halo= High attude low open). (ii) the able to land in the water so that we can have a air to sea insertion. (iii) the able to do a 30/30 in a chinnock (30/30 is flying a 30mph and 30feet high and u jump out of the heli into a water insertion. (iiii) the option to have auto open chute and manual open chute e.g. chute open auto when jumping out of chopper exsept when a low high for a 30/30 and manual open chute when doing a halo Jump so you have the control when to open chute. (iiii) the able to control where to land when parachuting so you can land on building or turn and land way from enemy fire. (2) able to swim and diven under the water for operation (3) i would like to see a c130 plane that we can fly so that we can transport men and tanks across the map as well as parachute drop tanks and do halo jumps out of the c130 (4) I would Ofp2 to have support of all seeing eye browser program it free and it is the best game browser program i seen yet unlike Gamespy, all seeing eye doesn'y give you a extremly high ping. so please if you make OFP2 please give support for All seeing eye as well as gamespy like you did with OFP so that people who want to use Gamespy can and the people who want to use All seeing eye can that way you keep everyone happy. that it for the moment. biggrin.gif

A very interesting and essential addition would be the ability to see under water and scuba-dive, and also the ability to jump. You can't complete an obstacle coarse in military training without having to jump. biggrin.gif

tounge.gif I'm a four star general!

I want a decent hq with a great big hall and a table with a map on it that deserves the name.

Give me a command engine with which I can order my troops around my area. And a remote camera so I can watch them perform while I think up tactics in front of my map.

And a secretary, and some fresh coffee, ... biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> I'm a four star general!

I want a decent hq with a great big hall and a table with a map on it that deserves the name.

Give me a command engine with which I can order my troops around my area. And a remote camera so I can watch them perform while I think up tactics in front of my map.

And a secretary, and some fresh coffee, ... <span id='postcolor'>

LOL smile.gif

MORPG-a-fiy.

Effectifly a big, ever-lasting game of Domination, with each of the villages being the capture points.

I tried to create a map which did this (one side won when it ocupide every village) but it did not work, the map caused OF to crash sad.gif

But with the ability to set up camps.

Other than that:

* realisity flight (with a "simple" mode)

* Bigger islands

* real towns and citys

* real civ's, at the moment, you shoot and the act like they have a gun!