Sign in to follow this  
EBass

Two years on, how have your feeling evolved?

I remember someone cursing the game and leaving it because they couldn't jump...LMAO!!

I've got a bunny-hopping russian in my sights sir!

Ah yes the lighter than air HumVee. That was a problem. SIR BUMP!!!!!! *SCREECH* "Oh shit alright boys get ur chutes on and eject when this thing hits 1000. U could use HumVees for airborne insertions smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ 27 April 2003,14:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah yes the lighter than air HumVee.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, didn't we all place a 100 satchel charges around a jeep, then get in, go to 3rd person view and click the DETONATE command? Lost in space. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ 27 April 2003,13:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (You_looking_at_me? @ 27 April 2003,14wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Ah yes the lighter than air HumVee.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, didn't we all place a 100 satchel charges around a jeep, then get in, go to 3rd person view and click the DETONATE command? Lost in space. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes that was a big thing at a moment, i remember i did the same to a LST, took me forever to place those 80 satchels.

I think I recall Kegetys was one of the first ones to post some massive satchel explosion screeshots.

I first got it in July when it came out... I played the first "Steal the Car" mission and kept on wondering how the AI can shoot me and where they were. wink.gif I got tired of it and left it for a few months... then I went back to it and it seemed very nice. I got into modmaking and ever since I've loved this game. But recently I've been thinking this might cause me problems with addiction... so I'm kinda backing off for a while and concentrate on real life purposes.

But in the long term, it has certainly boosted my knowledge of military life and also my interests in it. OFP can prove useful if used properly.

I first heard about this game when i received my gamespy daily news letter and there was the demo, I checked out the demo and enjoyed what i saw but was not planning on buying it until i saw it took place in 1985, the same year i was in Boot Camp, so on a lark i went out and bought it and have been happily playing it ever since. biggrin.gif

I'v gone through all kinds of feelings about playing OFP. After a while it's been all editing and almost no playing for me and I couldn't play for a few months before GW2 and during, but now I have found some new enthusiasm about playing from CTI missions (mainly DAX's scripts in MP), CoC stuff, SRT team, Nam pack+CoC mines and Invasion1944 Demo. I'm gearing up (bracing myself slowly) to create an improved Working Mission with 1.91 features and more OFP knowledge.

I hope to have a lot more fun out of 1.91.

I first caught wind of this game when the demo came out in the US. My friends and I had grown up playing an RPG called Twilight 2000. Operation Flashpoint seemed to be the closest thing to Twilight 2000 on the computer.

Played the demo, was floored, rushed out to get the game as soon as it hit the shelves. The problem was getting my friends to get the game as well so we could play online as a group (and rekindle some of that Twilight 2000 magic). Long story short, last week the last of us got the game and we played our first online session together (and we were terrible). So two years after release, we finally all got together and had a great time. There's no doubt this game will hold our attention until OFP2.

This sounds pretty bad, but I found a pirated copy to play, and loved it...till FADE kicked in, then i HAD to go buy it biggrin.gif I've since bought ofp twice, as my orig copy got obliterated in a bad cd-rom drive, and ill get res soon (been on a hiatus of sorts while at college, they block all udp connections, and multiplayer is where its at).

I saw an article in "Computer Gaming World" magazine about OFP, and I recognized my russian comrades in KLMK uniforms...I HAD TO BUY THE GAME!! And damn I did a right thing - I literary s h i t my pants when I played first mission (execute 3 spetsnaz officers). This game is the best. Even now, OFP still beats many new high-tech games. Ive been playing OFP for 1.5 years, and will play until OFP:2 comes out smile.gif

I love OPF, when i read about it in ZONE (lamer yeah) i knew if i only got one game (and i think it has been that!wink.gif i had to have this. Its influnced all my creativness and most of the backing behind Project:Alpha has come from it.

The freedom that it has is still unprecidented. And my fav thing, seeing how far across an island i can fire a hummvy, great fun!...

Hmm..

I first heard of OFP in Swedish PC Gamer (Oh, i love that magazine  smile.gif  ) in february 2001. I thought that the graphics looked terrible (bad screenshot at some US soldiers walking around a tent.. confused.gif ), and wasn't that intrerested.

One year later, in february 2002, I got a new computer. Bought OFP, and then I was stuck! Best game i played ever, easily! Beginned playing with the editor even before i started to play the campaign, and found out that it was pretty cool to let a lot of soldiers attack Houdan from the north, while i was guarding it with an M2..  tounge.gif I bought Resistance the day it was released in Europe, and wooooow! Stuck again..  wink.gif

By now I don't play OFP that often, maybe sometimes every month, but yeah, great game BiS! Waiting for OFP2...

i think that the best of ofp's greatness is that i played it for about half a year on a pentium 233 and 64 ram with voodoo2 12 mb it was worth it smile.gif

I played the OFP demo when it first came out, over and over again. Then i kind of forgot about the game untill one of my friends had a "not so legal copy" of it. I played it on his computer and loved it. Then, once again i forgot about it, untill i saw it in some shop and then brought it. So i had it and played it alot and made some veeery basic mission editing. Even though it was fun, i kind of lost the interest for it. That was untill i saw Black Hawk Down, and coincidentaly i got DSL at the same time so i started playing MP, so my first map online was some "urban" map.

I first DL'ed the demo from PCGameWorld.com in May 2000. I thought it was the best game. Most people know it as the single player ambush mission. I also remember the tons of missions and how you had to make them by editing the demo.pbo. In the demo malden wasnt even finished and when someone first discovered the airfield it was like a big thing tounge.gif

When they said it was being released earlier in europe i was mad pissed but when that day finally came when it was released in the US i could hardly contain myself. I got it in the mail from Amazon.com. I remember the first addons that were just reskins and all that stuff. I remember before Res came out someone tried to make a pistol. Good times, good times biggrin.gif