Sign in to follow this  
toadeater

"battlefield vietnam"

Could be that OFP2 and Digital Illusions' new game are going to be competing for the same battlefield. BIS better make OFP2 something amazing because other developers are starting to go for the same genre:

Battlefield Vietnam?

Prophet | 9:45 | Action

According to the results of a search of the US Patent and Trademark Office's Trademark Electronic Search System (TESS), Digital Illusions has trademarked the name "Battlefield Vietnam" for a PC computer game project. The Trademark was submitted February 12th of this year. Could this be the official sequel to Digital Illusion's ultra popular action game series, Battlefield 1942? One would think so, but neither Electronic Arts nor Digital Illusions have made any public comments on the name, so mark it as "unconfirmed rumor" for the time being.

Gamespy Daily

Competition? LOL.

I call it "weeding out the CS kiddies". I hope it comes out, that way OFP servers can be spared from at least some of the 1337 h4x0r5 out there.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Competition? LOL.<span id='postcolor'>Well if we look at the economical aspect of it (for BIS) its definitely competition, especially if Ofp will be a Nam game.

But... but.. but.. but. What I found lacking in BF42 was the lack to trees and bushes in most maps, even the pacific ones. God I hope they put a few more trees than there were in BF42. Maybe all the areas in this game will be rice paddies or open grassy areas. God that would suck. It's Vietnam, not a fucking golf course!

-=Die Alive=-

Actually Vietnam isn't only jungle terrain. I hope that if OFP2 is about 'Nam, BIS will make also some open terrain so that we can have tank battles between T54s, T34s, M60s and whatever they used there.

I know it's not only Jungle. But to have only the open areas and no jungles wouldn't represent Vietnam either. I too hope they have both open areas and triple canopy jungle areas.

-=Die Alive=-

Oh i thought you meant like a big C&H mission on La Drang, like Battlefield 1985 *insert version here*

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ April 22 2003,16:32)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Spealing of Vietnam and Battlefield this is from a Mod called EOD<span id='postcolor'>

That second screenshot sure dosen't look like it's from the Vietnam era confused.gif