Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Srt version 2.0 - goggles?

OK, good news and bad news.

Bad News: I'm postponing the release of v2.0

However,

Good News: I plan to include a lot of extra features/units such as Winter Recon units, with textures thanks to The FDF Mod (version 1.1 of which is out, the patch at least).

Images of the Winter Recon units can be found at http://sjb.ofpr.com/srt2/Units/Images/. Feedback on the new units is welcome. Other new units are planned, but I'm keeping them under my hat until nearer release.

they look great!!!!!!!!!!

i just think the winter guys need more pouches and stuff to make them look more spec ops

and as for the nvg units, will the ai units wearing them be able to automatically raise the nvgs down at nite?

I intend to add more puches/pockets etc to the Winter and the *CENSORED* units.

The AI dont lower the goggles at night automatically, but will be able to "see" if you manually lower them using the method of init animation triggering.

Wow, the camoflaging looks VERY nice. Can't wait for the finished product. biggrin_o.gif

To whet your appetites even more, I soon plan to upload a video or two showcasing the units and their features. More to come on this isn the coming weeks. Merry Christmas to you all biggrin_o.gif

Nice work  smile_o.gif

Btw, Are some of your texes taken from CounterStrike?(some of the vests look familiar)

EDIT: The goldy/black vests, obviously not these last pics

Yes, some of the vest textures are from CS, with permission and full credit where possible, and just credits where permission could not be obtained (due to lack of contact info or no reply).

I've just recorded a video of the *secret* recon, more specifically, of a cool little feature they have...but I wont go into detail until I upload it (probably Sunday/Monday).

Quote[/b] ]I've just recorded a video of the *secret* recon, more specifically, of a cool little feature they have...but I wont go into detail until I upload it (probably Sunday/Monday).

Hey! you said you would upload it today rock.gifwink_o.gif

Never mind then. I can wait a few more hours.

I wonder what that new unit will be.

(perhaps a CQB with ballistic shield?)

The time is now right for me to reveal the new Recon Units which will accompany the Woodland, Desert and Winter Recon...Jungle Recon. Images of progress on the new units can be found here.

The video I promised can be found here (2.2MB). The video shows off the random-face camo script which, when the action is accessed, randomly selects 1 of 15 camo textures, and over-lays it over the unit's normal face. Video features some nice music too.

The Jungle Recon textures are thanks to SelectThis, Ebud and Bibmi (SEB) and their 'Nam Pack (v2.0), and the backpack is thanks to Shar of the Swedish Forces Pack (SFP).

SJB_JungleRecon_Platoon.jpg

Animation by DeadMeat

love those jungle dudes esp. the officer

you think you can do the officer (with beret) in all version ?(desert/snow/woodland)

Okay they look great wait not great they look fantastic, can wait to play with these boys biggrin_o.gif

you think you can do the officer (with beret) in all version ?(desert/snow/woodland)

Woodland and Desert officers with Berets are already in place, and I am planning the Winter version now.

I'm glad you like them smile_o.gif

BETA testing is under-way and bugs are being fixed as and when they are discovered. I'm not going to set a release date just yet, as I'm notrious for never keeping to them. Just though I would let you know how things are going. One last thing, please no e-mails/PM/MSN-Messenger/Carrier Pigeon messages requesting to be a BETA tester...all slots are filled at this time. Thank you biggrin_o.gif

I think its safe to say, it'll be a while.

But they are MUCH improved.

AK

The M16A4s have been properly scaled to match that of the standard set by Earl/Suchey's Marine Assault Pack M16A4s. The M16A2s and M4A1s will soon follow suit...I guess thats what I get for scaling the originals to the BIS' M16  tounge_o.gif

Yet more Jungle Recon images have been added (all images use Wilco's great Static Animation Pack).:

- A Recon Squad take up covering positions whilst the medic heals a wounded comrade

- A close up of the Pointman and Machinegunner from the above picture

- A medic attempts to keep his squad-mate alive

- Sniper takes up an over-watch position

- After an ambush the squad leader lays badly wounded, whilst the machinegunner and engineer fend off the attackers

- The whole directory can be found at http://sjb.ofpr.com/srt2/Units/Images/

N.B. I plan to remove the arm-band from the Medic, I just haven't got around to it yet.

More will be added as and when I take them.

Awesome looking , jackel326!!

Can't wait for these units!! THey'll be perfect on the little island just released by Ebud biggrin_o.gif

Indeed, they also look good on an island called Hiiu, which has a really great Jungle Atmosphere - its almost 100% covered in long grass, the down-side of that being it is very CPU intensive. Anyway, more screenshots will be uploaded within the hour.

Later than planned, but the new screenshots are available at http://sjb.ofpr.com/srt2/Units/Images/jungle/