Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Srt version 2.0 - goggles?

Having not made the OICW I wouldn't know...

Inquisitor imported the OICW (well, I assume it is his you are refering to).

huh? that OICW was made by INQ. the guy on the screenshot was a SJB guy; that may have caused your confusion?

To Jackel326;

the M203 lookks wrong on the M4;

The barrel should have a larger diameter.

it now looks a bit off-scale with the sliding part.

Also the trigger-guard's tip should touch the m4's magazine holder" (i don't know the right name but it all comes down to this; the M203 should be slided a bit in the direction of the buttstock. This also means you have to stretch the M203 since when you move it, the part around the rifle-barrel is in the wrong postion)

I'll get right on it Cpt.Frostbite.

I've also edited the textures slightly, as they seemed a little red for some reason. They're now a more dull grey (without losing any detail).

Having not made the OICW I wouldn't know...

Inquisitor imported the OICW (well, I assume it is his you are refering to).

oicw.jpg

crazy_o.gif sorry

Thanks to the help of Shar from the Swedish Forces Pack (SFP), I've managed to get the new vests working properly, before Shar helped me out, they were clipping through the body and not moving/bending correctly when running, changing stance etc. Now I have tweaked the selections and remove the entire body beneath the vests, they work fine. I've also got a couple of new screenshots, which I am about to upload, so check out the site's screenshots section for them in 5 mins or so after this is posted.

EDIT: Screenshots have been uploaded and can be found here. One is of the M590 (again) and the other is of the updated M4 with the new textures.

I've uploaded a couple more screenshots, two of which are of the Desert Recon's NVG load outs, and another is of the edited M4 with M203, per Cpt. FrostBite's comments. They can all be found here.

Thanks to the help of Shar from the Swedish Forces Pack (SFP), I've managed to get the new vests working properly, before Shar helped me out, they were clipping through the body and not moving/bending correctly when running, changing stance etc. Now I have tweaked the selections and remove the entire body beneath the vests, they work fine. I've also got a couple of new screenshots, which I am about to upload, so check out the site's screenshots section for them in 5 mins or so after this is posted.

Glad to be of assistance mate... ;)

it's an angled pic, so I can't see all the details, but from what I can see the new M203 looks correct (and great also)

it's an angled pic, so I can't see all the details

I plan to update the Weapons Page some time in the near future (possibly over the weekend), so you'll be able to check it out from the side angle, the same as the current picture.

I popped in and had a look at your site, and to my disappointment saw that you are going to replace the old desert camo units with ones that use the modern version camo. sad_o.gif

It would be nice if you kept the old camo units and maybe released them in a seperate pbo. They could be used in missions that take place in the timeperiod when this camo was used (Gulf War, etc.)

It might be a good idea too have the woodland units and the new desert ones in a seperate pbo's too. That way they could all be placed in different mod folders. wink_o.gif

I'm happy to see that the MP5-N (unscoped version) will be part of the next pack. Wouldn't mind seeing an unsilenced version of the MP5-K too biggrin_o.gif

"It would be nice if you kept the old camo units and maybe released them in a seperate pbo."

"It might be a good idea too have the woodland units and the new desert ones in a seperate pbo's too. That way they could all be placed in different mod folders."

Sorry, but I am not changing the texture paths on 8 different models...I just dont have 4 weeks to spare right now.

Quote[/b] ]"Wouldn't mind seeing an unsilenced version of the MP5-K too"

That is in the works.

a little question;

Are the 3 colour woodland textures from the HKpack 2?

If so; those are wrong. The "green" colour looks to green. See if you can "fade" a little (probably by adjusting the brightness). Look at the 3-colour desert textures on the terrorist model (not sure if that's the one, but it's that guy with a black shirt, balaclava and 3colour desert trousers) in the HKpack 1; these were dead-on.

Yes both Woodland and Desert textures are from the HK Pack 2 (with permission from Vipersheart). I will look into editing them to match your request, but don't hold your breath biggrin_o.gif

The desert tri-colour is the one you mentioned (the terrorist trousers etc.)

Very exciting news, due to my extensive contacts I have been able to get my hands on a rather nice HMMWV Model, which will be released with v2.0 of the pack. Check out a screenshot here.

YAY........ HMMWV #453  biggrin_o.gif  tounge_o.gif

Maybe so, but not all have full LODs, detailed interiors or look anything like the BAS HMMWV (which is very close to RL).

I'm not trying to put down other peoples' HMMWV addons, I'm just defending mine smile_o.gif

I've uploaded yet more screenshots to the site.

They show the new AK47, and my further progress on the HMMWV.

Note: The textures on the HMMWV are not yet final, I plan to change the bull-bar texture before release.

unclesam.gif

I've revamped the main SJB site, and it now includes links to a small sub-site I've made displaying the M16A4s. Just check http://sjb.ofpr.com/, then access the M16A4 link if you're interested in checking them out.

This all looks great!

Are you looking at a sooner or later type of release though?

Btw, offtopic but those just released Sigs get the thumbs up as well.

biggrin_o.gif

Will you be making other versions of the HMMWV as well?

If so, can you use default BIS textures like rifleman did on his pack?

Hmmm... Seems I've been posting my feedback on these units in the wrong post.

Moved them here instead.

Any chance you'll be updating the M4 pack you released a while back (long before SRT)?

I really liked some of those M4's, like the marksman versions and custom versions (the ones with flashlights attached under), and reckon they'd go well with the SRT units.

Other weapons with flashlights attached under the muzzle, like the MP5 and shotgun, would also go well with these units. They're the closest thing to CQB and CT units in OFP to date.

I also noticed a bug on the SRT Sniper and officer. At a distance it looks like they have several faces. Wierd crazy_o.gif

To answer your questions in order:

CanadianTerror - I intend to release around Christmas, but failing that it'll be very early next year.

blackdog~ - Yes, other versions of the HMMWV are planned, and yes I will use the BIS textures (as visible on the site).

Lt_Phoenix - The SRTs will come with M4s, which I may update to include the various versions from the OLD M4 pack at a later time.

- Weapons with flashlights etc. are planned.

- The bug has been voiced before and has since been fixed. Thanks for feedback.

After a few problems uploading, a friend of mine, Swatdog managed to upload the SJB Forums.

Check out http://www.ofpr.com/sjb/forum/index.php for more information. Its still early days, so design and layout may change so watch this space.

There you can post feedback/comments/criticisms/suggestions for improvement for the Hnadgun Packs, and/or Special Reaction Team Packs