Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Sjb special reaction team - done

just wanna say good spec ops addon

just wanna say plz make all the m4s and m16 have scopes on them of some sort since all spec ops forces in tha world all use scopes now, even normal infantry use scopes on thier m16s in the current coinflict in iraq

and i know thyer not spec ops since they were just one of the normal infantry units in the frontline

also please let all of the recon teams and black ops have hand guns

im not demanding or anything just wishing

this is a very good addon and im already playing it with black op missions where the us flag must not be shown

Dude. These addons ROCK! They're the best weapons ever! And i dont know if this has already been posted (just skimmed through the first few posts), but you dont need that other download programme like you said on your site, instead you can just use WinZip. When you d/l it and go to unpack the file, you get prompted to use either the Classic WinZip Interace or choose another programme. If you choose the Classic option you can unzip them and you'll get a list of all the files in the pack. Now just click the Extract button, adn find somewhere to put the folders with all the addons in, anywhere will do, now go to the place you extracted them to and you'll see the folders with the addons in.

HotShot, OFP AxleGames.

Oh and how about making the LAW a disposable AT Weapon like in real life, and adding a Shotgun bloke to the Speacial Reaction Team. I've got some book somwhere and its got these EXACT units in it, same clothes, even the same make of googles (Scott, nice touch by the way), i think they were SEAL guys, but i may be mistaken. Anyway they had a Shotgun bloke in the team (they were on a ship and needed to shoot open doors). Once again, brilliant addons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STGN @ April 11 2003,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 11 2003,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

Is Chemical Ali dead or missing?<span id='postcolor'>

<span id='postcolor'>

he is dead! smile.gif

They found chemical Ali's body when it was hit by a bomb.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (HotShot @ April 11 2003,17:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Oh and how about making the LAW a disposable AT Weapon like in real life<span id='postcolor'>

Ehm, every weapon in OFP:R is disposable

Disposable as in once you've used it, thats it, rather then being able to keep reloading it, in the LAW's case, 1 shot and thats it. Also can you fix the white textures on the woodland models? Kinda make's them a) annoying to use and b) stand out in MP.

OK, the white textures have been COMPLETELY fixed on the woodland units, I had to look through 8 models each with 6 LODs and then modify any with either the '/' instead of '\' or change the whole path to the correct one. Needless to say it took me a while. The M24's Config.cpp is my next point of call to fix (the damage ratings of the rounds) and I have been told by several people (who have actually fired one) that the M82 Recoil is exactly as it should be - Not to criticise your criticism ( confused.gif ), I appreciate all comments I get, even the negative ones.

The ETA on the patch may be as early as tomorrow (Saturday) but it depends if I go out. If I do it will be more likely Sunday.

The M14 model looks familiar, I think I have it from a Counter-Strike model, for my M4. I would look at a real life model and then compare the two.

Indeed, some model parts and textures are taken from CS Custom models. I am working on compiling a special readme with complete credits for the final version to give full credit where it is due.

Speaking of the M14 model (which I love by the way, my favourite weapon from the pack), you might want to move/resize it, because the soldier doesn't hold it quite right (his hand is not quite on the trigger/handgrip):

m14.jpg

The mag still shows through the reflex m4 with the new patch sad.gif

Thats a BETA patch, save yourself some time and don't bother with it just yet until its official. The OFFICIAL (thanks for spoiling it 'punishment' confused.gif ) should be released later today (Saturday) or at some point tomorrow. I just have to address the M14's position, as pointed out by 'Major Fubar'

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cepheus @ April 12 2003,15:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The mag still shows through the reflex m4 with the new patch sad.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Thats because its a BETA patch that was only released to a hand full of people. I never made it public, it just seems a few over zealous people felt the need to tell everyone, for which I give them a very sarcastic "Thank You"

Hey before you release the new patch, you think you could throw that silencer you have on your sniper m16 on one of the m4's? ? ? ?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Jackal326 @ April 12 2003,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I never made it public<span id='postcolor'>

Ah Crap!

Look at second post down.

Oh for crying out loud.

This is why I announce such things, if I haven't announced it, please dont post about it.

I'm sorry if I seem a little off, its just for all those people that download what is actually the BETA Patch, they will have to download the OFFICIAL full patch when ever I publish it (I'll announce it when I do, so dont get jumpy on your IE Browsers and start exploring my site directories).

Some people are gonna be p!ssed when they have to download another patch, and guess who they're gonna blame...ME!  crazy.gif

*EDIT*

Dont get me wrong Hotshot, I don't blame you, as you were only acting on information you received from a certain source. Its just that I'm gonna get it in the neck for seemingly releasing two patches, where in all actuallity, I will only have released one.

Could you remove the post please to prevent any more people downloading the incorrect update?

Cheers

As a precaution to prevent such an incident happening again, all BETA files will be marked as such, and will be password protected.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cepheus @ April 12 2003,20:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hey before you release the new patch, you think you could throw that silencer you have on your sniper m16 on one of the m4's<span id='postcolor'>

Anyway, back toreal business. Not a bad idea, I might just do that wink.gif

After consulting with a few people, I realised the S.R.T.2 Pack is missing something...and that something was, a shotgun. So, I decided to make a shotgun for the pack. I found a model of an old Remington 870 kicing about my HDD, so I put it to use.

Screenshots to come.

Not sure if this has been reported yet, but many of the shapes seem to disappear in 16 bit mode. For instance the SRT marksman hair. Textures disappear on the butts of SRT members, and the M16 or M4 flash is also not textured at times.

16bit so far.

Hmm...no that hasn't been reported. I'll investigate.

*puts on Sherlock Holmes hat, puts his pipe in his mouth and uses his magnifying glass to examine clues*

I got the "non official" patch and I still found missing LODs...

-woodland sniper(s)

-woodland point man(back of bandana)

-desert covert recon(I think it was)...his touque has patches of skin

-there's also still a bad distortion in the faces when viewd from a few feet away and further

..lots of bugs were fixed though so it's looking much better.

Yeah, thanks for reporting that, I noticed them shortly after issuing the BETA Patch to my testers, I informed them of it, and fixed it.

Keep the feedback coming (I'm still yet to investigate the 16-bit issue)