Sign in to follow this  
Jackal326

Sjb special reaction team - done

The Special Reaction Team (SRT) Pack is finally completed. A detailed list of the weapons and units contained within the pack can be found at:

http://sjb.ofprc.net/SRT2/

But, here is quick run-down of the weapons the pack contains:

- Beretta 92F,

- Colt M1911,

- H&K MP5 SD2,

- H&K MP5-K,

- H&K MP5-N,

- 8 x M16A2 variants including Silenced, and several camoflagued versions,

- M24 Sniper Rifle,

- M82A1 Sniper Rifle (.50 calibre),

- 4 x M4 Variants including basic M4, M4 SOPMOD (with ACOG scope), M4 SOPMOD (with Reflex * sight) and an M4 with M203 Grenade Launcher,

- M14 in woodland camo.

The list of units is too long to list here, so check out the site and see a small sample of whats included (more have been added since that part of the site was last updated).

The news section of the site, as well as the downloads section of course, has a link to the full Public BETA of the addon.

The file is 19.3MB (in .cab format) so I advise the use of some kind of download manager such as GetRight or Download Accelerater Plus (D.A.P.) both of which can resume broken downloads.

Any feedback is welcome here. It has been described by some who have already downloaded as "well worth it" ;)

Cheers

Edited by Jackal326

Looks pretty good, but why did you put it in a cab? I don't think they have compression thats that spectacular, though correct me if I'm wrong. BTW, to open a cab you can use Power Archiver.

.CAB has a higher compression rate than .rar

The CAB took just under 2 hours to upload, and due to my ISP cutting me off after 2 hours and a .RAR/ZIP being bigger and taking longer, it was not a possibility due to my FTP Program/the server messing about with resuming uploads

It seems like the 1911 is that Taiwan groups one, you probably said that in the readme(which I didn't read) though. Secondly, the muzzle flash on the M-4 shows up a white rectangles. The Beretta's sound could use a little improvement. The M-14 should maybe fire a little faster, and with more recoil. Some textures aren't showing up on the M4 w/ ACOG. Overall pretty good, especially for a beta.

-Quite a few LOD issues and missing textures on some of the guns.

-There are no groupings

The guns are just great though, some very nice texture work. I plan to do a more thorough check and see if there are any more bugs/issues but a very good pack overall.

smile.gif

EDIT: Another texture issue is the distorting of some faces/heads when zoomed out a bit. This looks like a bug from the H&K pack 2 by The Lost Brothers.

Can't wait to try this out - in the meantime, can someone post some screens, specifically of the M82?

I belive thats not Bruce Willis style! Have some honor and have the man dressed in police clothes.....The Jackal!

Nice addon. There some bugs like CanadianTerror said. The woodland recon unit's uniform disapears at a distance. M16 missing ejection port texture, M24 mission texture on scope. The M82 could do with a little more recoil. Here are a couple of screens showing the bugs for you.

m16bug.jpg

bug.jpg

The necks on the units change at a distance also.

welcome, i added a full rifle pic too.

hey is it possible to add actions to weapons? such as "bi-pod down" and "bi-pod up"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ April 10 2003,08:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">welcome, i added a full rifle pic too.

hey is it possible to add actions to weapons? such as "bi-pod down" and "bi-pod up"<span id='postcolor'>

According to most sources - no, unfortunately.

there is something missing to and reporting a bug

namely the action "hide body"

as these guys are special forces they would have been trained in hiding corpses

and they all suffer from the sunglasses bug ? (dont know if its just me but i see it anyway"

these gus are all wearing glasses and you can see right trough them at that moment

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (|crow| @ April 10 2003,06:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"The woodland recon unit's uniform disapears at a distance."

"The necks on the units change at a distance also."<span id='postcolor'>

Could you be more specific as to which units these problems affect as from the screenshot you provided of the white uniforms, it is hard to distinguish which unit it is (and it doesn't seem to affect the surrounding units crazy.gif )

The M4 ACOG missing textures error has been sorted, as well as the M24 scope.

M82 Recoil is being increased (but left the same for prone firing position due to bipod.

I researched into the adding of actions to weapons, but I found it is not possible (If it were possible, we would be able to add lights etc too)

The lack of "Hide Body2 actions is a mere oversight on my part. This is still only a BETA so there is still room for improvement.

A 1.1 Patch will be released shortly (with-in 2 weeks) updating the major errors e.g. missing ACOG textures etc)

I assume you mean either the M24 or the M82A1. In either case use the Keypad + key.

But, on the other hand if you mean the Tactical M16A2 Sniper Rifle, then you can't as it has been made so its zoom capabilities are fixed, which is compensated for by its burst fire mode.

Since the release of this Public BETA, several bugs and errors have been outlined in the pack. I have been working on a fix for these, since they came to light. The end result of this work, is a patch of sorts, version 1.1 of the addon. The "patch" will be available also in .cab format (around 12.5MB - smaller size as it only replaces erroneous files) and in a full version (19.2MB) The patch should be available over the weekend.

The patch will address:

- Missing ACOG Textures (the entire ACOG was white)

- Missing M24 Textures (small but annoying error on the scope)

- This newly identified error.

- A few extra tweaks (e.g. The zoom of the Aimpoint and sound changes, namely the M82A1).

Stay tuned...

I really like this pack, but I have small nitpicks, regarding the sniper rifles -

The M82, as has been noted, should have a lot more kick (recoil), and possible a slightly slower reload time. Also, I don't think it has a reload sound. Finally, I think the firing sound could be better, if you like I will see if I can find a more realistic sound file.

The M24 seems to be very underpowered - I was shooting at a squad of enemy sodliers, and finding that it was routinely taking up to 4 or 5 rounds to drop them. You might want to check the damage figure, and make it more equivalent to the ingame M21.

Well enough criticism. The weapon I REALLY like is the M16 marksman version, very cool. smile.gif

yeah, I did reply to the wrong thread...

So, when will the patch be released?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 11 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam probably left the country, but why Russia? Yeah, they probably wouldn't mind pissing of the US but hosting a thuggish pig isn't going to do much good for you. And let's not forget that no matter where he hides, people will still be looking. Saddam's ideology isn't as effective as Osama's, so there's less reason to assist him. Osama has lost a significant number of his lieutenants. The same will probably happen to Saddam.

Is Chemical Ali dead or missing?<span id='postcolor'>

Huh ? crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DracoPaladore @ April 11 2003,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 11 2003,02:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam probably left the country, but why Russia? Yeah, they probably wouldn't mind pissing of the US but hosting a thuggish pig isn't going to do much good for you. And let's not forget that no matter where he hides, people will still be looking. Saddam's ideology isn't as effective as Osama's, so there's less reason to assist him. Osama has lost a significant number of his lieutenants. The same will probably happen to Saddam.

Huh ? crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I'm guessing he had two windows open, 1 for this thread and 1 for the Iraq thread, and replied in the wrong one. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 11 2003,01:47)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Saddam probably left the country, but why Russia? Yeah, they probably wouldn't mind pissing of the US but hosting a thuggish pig isn't going to do much good for you. And let's not forget that no matter where he hides, people will still be looking. Saddam's ideology isn't as effective as Osama's, so there's less reason to assist him. Osama has lost a significant number of his lieutenants. The same will probably happen to Saddam.

wonder what he said in the other topic biggrin.gif

STGN

just wanna say good spec ops addon

just wanna say plz make all the m4s and m16 have scopes on them of some sort since all spec ops forces in tha world all use scopes now, even normal infantry use scopes on thier m16s in the current coinflict in iraq

and i know thyer not spec ops since they were just one of the normal infantry units in the frontline

also please let all of the recon teams and black ops have hand guns

im not demanding or anything just wishing

this is a very good addon and im already playing it with black op missions where the us flag must not be shown