Sign in to follow this  
der bastler

Greece3 completed!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 02 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I should ban you for this  mad.gif

This is NOT Greek Music, this is Rakitzis on drugs, nothing like Greek music, ok??!!! mad.gif  crazy.gif  mad.gif  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Obviously he made a mistake. He meant geek. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (theavonlady @ April 02 2003,19:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ April 02 2003,20:50)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I should ban you for this  mad.gif

This is NOT Greek Music, this is Rakitzis on drugs, nothing like Greek music, ok??!!! mad.gif  crazy.gif  mad.gif  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Obviously he made a mistake. He meant geek. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

My horse has white boots

Edit: after i made my edit someone else made a edit and now i make another edit

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ April 02 2003,21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I really dont see any major difference tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

oh oh.......................................

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lee_H._Oswald @ April 02 2003,19:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">@der_bastler

While running OFP in "highest graphical quality" your map makes OFP laggy. Why? Island small and the trees are the old ones from Cold War Crisis.

Flying with Plane like Tornado or Helicopter is close to unplayable.

MfG Lee wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I've notived that, too, but I don't know, why. I thought my machine was too old (Athlon A 700, 256MB, GF2)...

(Immer wenn ich hier was in Deutsches schreibe, werde ich ermahnt. Schaun mer mal.. wink.gif)

looking forward to the next update smile.gif

BTW any updates on you USCM project? Looking forward to weaponpack 2

Server must be busy. I can't get in. First there was the "server busy" error. Now there is the "web page not responding" message. sad.gif How big is the island without theat mod? Is it larger than 10 MB?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ April 02 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Is it larger than 10 MB?<span id='postcolor'>

hah, no worry, it's more like 700kbs biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RMATICH @ April 02 2003,20:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Server must be busy. I can't get in.<span id='postcolor'>

Well OFP AxleGames have a download link for the island here.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Phoenix @ April 02 2003,20:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">looking forward to the next update smile.gif

BTW any updates on you USCM project? Looking forward to weaponpack 2<span id='postcolor'>

Right, first there will be an overall update of the USCMarines (better/different camouflage, minor fixes like "add NV goggles", perhaps official flashlight activation) and the USCM Mod Weapon Pack 1 (new Weapons, fixes regarding sound/textures). PBO file notation will be changed to my new standard "bastler_*.pbo".

After that I'll continue with Weapon Pack 2.

And after that... Greece3 V1.1

Much to do. I hope I can finish everything in May to avoid collision with the mechatronic lab.

btw: Tonight I could activate the framebuffer console support on this machine. Yeeeha! What a beautiful day! Cheers!

Which weapons will you be including in weaponpack1?

Fortress OFP made an excellent minigun a while back. Any chance of updating or adding this to your units?

COuld you update it with the OFP:R trees? THe CWC ones are f'in ugly.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Lt_Phoenix @ April 02 2003,22:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Which weapons will you be including in weaponpack1?

Fortress OFP made an excellent minigun a while back. Any chance of updating or adding this to your units?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, I've posted an item list several weeks ago, together with a video of the plasma gun effect.

My plans until now:

bastler_UWP1.pbo = Uscm mod Weapon Pack 1 = light armoury (assault rifles, sniper rifles, shotguns, SMGs, pistols)

bastler_UWP2.pbo = Uscm mod Weapon Pack 1 = heavy armoury (shoulder fired devastators, flamethrower, MGs like smart- and minigun)

bastler_USCM.pbo = USCMarines

bastler_WYET.pbo = Weyland-Yutani Elite Troops (heavy armoured, top secret)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ April 03 2003,01:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">COuld you update it with the OFP:R trees? THe CWC ones are ugly.<span id='postcolor'>

Personally, I like them. Very Mediteranean looking, that Greece3 island is. Look like olive and cedar trees.

They're fine with me.

It's looking great!

Every campaignmaker should use this small island as episodeisland !!!

Good soldiers liberate small, sweet,....pretty island or ....hunting for bad man .....this island as obligatory in every campaign. wink.gif

There's an invisible rock right in the middle of the road leading out of Maroussi (Dd 63 or De63).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (der bastler @ April 02 2003,22:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw: Tonight I could activate the framebuffer console support on this machine. Yeeeha! What a beautiful day! Cheers!<span id='postcolor'>

Another great success:

I'm typing these lines on the device mentioned above. Simple config problem, now solved. This week is getting better and better... (evidence)

very nice work, damn... Beautifull!!! :]

But.. one bug noticed :]

In Greece, there rules orthodox church (greek-catolic), not roman-catolic. So...

a) the churche's buildings should look different

b) the crosses should be.. erm... something like that:

-|-

--|--

.|'

|

not like that:

|

--|--

|

|

:]

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (smogmorph @ April 03 2003,20:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's an invisible rock right in the middle of the road leading out of Maroussi (Dd63 or De63).<span id='postcolor'>

Have you checked this out yet?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (smogmorph @ April 04 2003,14:25)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (smogmorph @ April 03 2003,20: 09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There's an invisible rock right in the middle of the road leading out of Maroussi (Dd63 or De63).<span id='postcolor'>

Have you checked this out yet?<span id='postcolor'>

If you leave Maroussi, there is a position where the trees are very close to the road, right?

I placed a tree-section which behaves like a rock, but it's not on the road... confused.gif

You've done great work their der bastler. Are you planning on expanding the island alot more?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ April 04 2003,00:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">very nice work, damn... Beautifull!!! :]

But.. one bug noticed :]

In Greece, there rules orthodox church (greek-catolic), not roman-catolic. So...

a) the churche's buildings should look different

b) the crosses should be.. erm... something like that:

-|-

--|--

.|'

|

not like that:

|

--|--

|

|

:]<span id='postcolor'>

There is no Greek-Catholic Orthodox church.

There is a Greek Orthodox Church and a Russian Orthodox Church though smile.gif There may be others in the Balkans, but I think they fall into the jurisdiction of the Russian Orthodox church.

Anyhow, here are some pics of Greek Churches which will hopefully be implemented in version 1.1 or 1.2 smile.gif

church2.jpg

greek%2520weddings_orthodox2.jpg

mykonos1.jpg

Not sure I get what you mean about the cross though?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (the nutcracker @ April 05 2003,14:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I downloaded it but there is nothing there?

Anyone else have this problem?<span id='postcolor'>

I assume you tried to unzip with the built-in M$ XP Unzipper?

Better use WinZIP, UltimateZIP, QuickZIP, WinACE, WinRAR, etc...

I have had several problems with invisible walls (or rocks) along the road to Maroussi. It seems like the forests in some cases can be seen through by the ai and then other times you have this invisible wall.

In some cases on the south side of the road to Maroussi some trees aren't touching the group, thier elevated.

Hoz