Sign in to follow this  
Othin

Freedom fries 2

I've now donated 7€ for pretzels for Bush smile.gif

LOL, at least the French have a sense of humour about it all.

In fact, I'd like to have one. Are they the small, hard kind, like you buy in bags? Or are they the big soft ones like you buy at a street vendor? For 7 Euros, i'd like something big and tasty.  smile.gif

Tyler

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 18 2003,02:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard the French are renaming American Cheese to Bad Cheese.<span id='postcolor'>

Lol biggrin.gif

BTW, for 7 Euros, do you get 1 pretzel or more?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard the French are renaming American Cheese to Bad Cheese. <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, the name change is long overdue. That cheese sucks. wow.gif

they still aren't mad about the "Cheese Eat'n surrender monkies" crack Grounds keeper Willy made are they?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Mar. 17 2003,17:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard the French are renaming American Cheese to Bad Cheese.<span id='postcolor'>

That's <span style='color:red'>P</span><span style='color:white'>A</span><span style='color:blue'>T</span><span style='color:red'>R</span><span style='color:white'>I</span><span style='color:blue'>O</span><span style='color:red'>T</span> cheese to you Mister!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Assault (CAN) @ Mar. 18 2003,02:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I heard the French are renaming American Cheese to Bad Cheese. <span id='postcolor'>

LOL, the name change is long overdue. That cheese sucks.  wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Is there such a thing yet as Hegemony Cheese?  I'll have a slice of Old Hegemony, please!

That yellow stuff sucks, so does swiss, the best cheese is pepper jack duh!

i like munster, american, monterey, and swiss worst cheese on this planet is brei (spelling) that rank stench of that horrible stuff brings tears to the eyes. its worse than peeling onions.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 18 2003,03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and swiss worst cheese on this planet is brei (spelling) that rank stench of that horrible stuff brings tears to the eyes. its worse than peeling onions.<span id='postcolor'>

Brie is not Swiss, but French. And it's excellent as is the more piquant version, camembert. And you should let it age. The more it smells, the better it tastes smile.gif

....goes down well with a nice wine.

(Badgerboy is hooked on red at the moment. Australian/Chilian)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 18 2003,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 18 2003,03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and swiss worst cheese on this planet is brei (spelling) that rank stench of that horrible stuff brings tears to the eyes. its worse than peeling onions.<span id='postcolor'>

Brie is not Swiss, but French. And it's excellent as is the more piquant version, camembert. And you should let it age. The more it smells, the better it tastes smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

lol, is that they way you guys think about everything?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Mar. 18 2003,03:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Red Oct @ Mar. 18 2003,03:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and swiss worst cheese on this planet is brei (spelling) that rank stench of that horrible stuff brings tears to the eyes. its worse than peeling onions.<span id='postcolor'>

Brie is not Swiss, but French. And it's excellent as is the more piquant version, camembert. And you should let it age. The more it smells, the better it tastes smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

yes i know its not swiss. i just forgot the comma, let me rephrase it, i like munster, american, monterey, and swiss but not brie.

edit: as for the letting it age, heh, the more it smells, the more it makes me wana up chuck. i'd rather drink a gallon of gasoline which i recall i did once at my toddler age it wasn't anywhere near a gallon but boy even a small sip is enough....boy did i freak my parents out.  wow.gif

but thats a different story biggrin.gif

So wait a minute, when the US does it it's ridiculous, stupid, tasteless, pretentious, kindergarten behaviour, pointless, harmless, insular, bordering on racist, and dumb. (and that's just the first page).

But when the French do it it's funny and worthy of a 7€ donation, even though it's basically saying that they wish our president would choke?

Interesting. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 18 2003,06:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">So wait a minute, when the US does it it's ridiculous, stupid, tasteless, pretentious, kindergarten behaviour, pointless, harmless, insular, bordering on racist, and dumb.  (and that's just the first page).

But when the French do it it's funny and worthy of a 7€ donation, even though it's basically saying that they wish our president would choke?

Interesting.  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

The reason it's funny is that Bush and Pretzels have a lot more of a bond than France and French Fries, and after all , the US started this whole food sillyness - it's always priceless to see the schoolyard bully beaten at his own game. It's also ingenious in that it clearly shows what the French wish would happen to Bush biggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 18 2003,06:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's also ingenious in that it clearly shows what the French wish would happen to Bush biggrin.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

Not just the French wink.gif

heh, reminds of this funny political cartoon i saw of bush in a newsweek mag. it showed him sitting on his couch in front of the TV and he had his head back w/ his mouth wide open and holding above his head is this humongous pretzel that is labled "Mid East Crisis" and his dogs are saying to each other "This should be interesting." i wish i could find it.

Sorry but I think you are wrong on this one. If there's anything the swedes never was good at it's cheese  tounge.gif

Brie and especially Camembert is not supposed to smell very much. If it does smell you'll notice a flavour of amoniac - and the cheese is not fresh anymore (some people prefer it that way) . The Camembert is supposed to be soft at the edges (when you slice a piece of it) and harder in the middle.

If it isn't it's stored wrongly or simply too old.

Edit: I had a heavenly experience with a spanish goat-cheese once. It was fantastic - but I have to admit - it smelled rather like a never washed armpit. After I had enjoyed it for a while I just had to throw the rest of it out the window in the train compartment. wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 18 2003,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The reason it's funny is that Bush and Pretzels have a lot more of a bond than France and French Fries, and after all , the US started this whole food sillyness - it's always priceless to see the schoolyard bully beaten at his own game. It's also ingenious in that it clearly shows what the French wish would happen to Bush biggrin.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's priceless to see the anti-US crowd willingly show their own hypocrisy.  Namely how they get their panties in a bunch about some people harmlessly changing the name of french fries, but have a party when the French wish the president would choke, ironically, on a snack that has it's historical roots in France.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 18 2003,07:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think it's priceless to see the anti-US crowd willingly show their own hypocrisy.  Namely how they get their panties in a bunch about some people harmlessly changing the name of french fries, but have a party when the French wish the president would choke, ironically, on a snack that has it's historical roots in France.<span id='postcolor'>

Like I said, "after all , the US started this whole food sillyness - it's always priceless to see the schoolyard bully beaten at his own game. " smile.gif. Call it hypocrisy if you wish - it's not unlike you to misuse words anyhow., I call it one of the most clever rebukes I've seen in a while.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Mar. 18 2003,07:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 18 2003,11:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The reason it's funny is that Bush and Pretzels have a lot more of a bond than France and French Fries, and after all , the US started this whole food sillyness - it's always priceless to see the schoolyard bully beaten at his own game. It's also ingenious in that it clearly shows what the French wish would happen to Bush biggrin.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

I think it's priceless to see the anti-US crowd willingly show their own hypocrisy.  Namely how they get their panties in a bunch about some people harmlessly changing the name of french fries, but have a party when the French wish the president would choke, ironically, on a snack that has it's historical roots in France.<span id='postcolor'>

Pretzels are french? I have to admit I didn't know that. I've been to France numerous times and never seen anything resembeling pretzels? confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Mar. 18 2003,12:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Like I said, "after all , the US started this whole food sillyness - it's always priceless to see the schoolyard bully beaten at his own game. " smile.gif. Call it hypocrisy if you wish - it's not unlike you to misuse words anyhow., I call it one of the most clever rebukes I've seen in a while.<span id='postcolor'>

I call it just as childish as changing the name of french fries, which you so vehemently spoke out against.  Actually, even more childish as they're wanting for the president to choke.  It's hypocrisy because when the US does this you call it childish and stupid, but when the French do the same thing you applaud it.

edit - it also proves that they're getting to you guys by changing the names of our snack items. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pretzels are french? I have to admit I didn't know that. I've been to France numerous times and never seen anything resembeling pretzels?  confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

They have French/Italian origins.

http://www.snydersofhanover.com/Pages/Other/History_pretzels.html