Sign in to follow this  
KingBeast

Mystery illness

Great!, 4 new suspected cases of SARS in Toronto after 24 people have already died, just what we need too. Our economy was doing really well, now we get Mad Cow, SARS, and West Nile virus this summer.

Just grand. sad_o.gif

I heard about the crazy bovine disease hitting Canada (i dont eat beef anymore anyway)but West Nile virus? wow_o.gif Care to elaborate?

dewar.jpg

It's a Mosquito borne disease that seems to signal it's arrival by leaving dead crows lying around, and they're finding crows  sad_o.gif

Quote[/b] ]Great!, 4 new suspected cases of SARS in Toronto after 24 people have already died, just what we need too. Our economy was doing really well, now we get Mad Cow, SARS, and West Nile virus this summer.

Just grand.

Damn, it must suck living in the Toronto area right now, then again, if it keeps up it's just a matter of time before it spills over to Ottawa. I'm amazed it hasn't already, we had a SARS alert at the college some weeks ago.

And where might i ask is this wonderful outbreak taking place  sad_o.gif ?

Amazingly enough I haven't been following all these amazing diseases wreaking havoc in my backyard, I figure it's pointless to make yourself paranoid about Killer Microbes from Mars, but this was in today's paper about West Nile:

http://www.canoe.com/CNEWS/Canada/2003/05/23/94234-cp.html

Quote[/b] ]

The virus, which can be spread to people by infected mosquitoes, was blamed in the deaths of 17 people in Ontario last year.

Of those who become infected, about 80 per cent will show no symptoms, doctors say. Another 19 per cent will develop mild symptoms such as fever, headache and body aches.

In about one per cent of cases, the virus can cause serious neurological disease such as encephalitis, which can lead to complications including paralysis. In about five to 10 per cent of these cases, it can cause death.

I remember a west nile virus panic in new jersey back when we used to live there (while ago, before i got ofp). everyone was panicking about a dead crow or other various bird.

i even remember hearing a theory that saddam hussein had planted the west nile virus (after all, he was west of the nile wink_o.gif, who else could it of been?).

(after all, he was west of the nile wink_o.gif, who else could it of been?).

su0050.jpg

i even remember hearing a theory that saddam hussein had planted the west nile virus (after all, he was west of the nile wink_o.gif, who else could it of been?).

i hope you were joking. wow_o.gifbiggrin_o.giftounge_o.gif

Messianic Spamming Avril-loving Nomad doesn't seem that bad somehow...

anyways, ppl, don't panic. please wash your hands often with a soap. doesn't have to be anti bacterial or anything like that.

*d'oh!*

did i mentionit's a new jersey custom to call east "west" and west "east"?

crazy_o.gif

I nominate Tovarish for "Best Avatar on the Forum" award, 2003:

BuddyChrist.jpg

LOL, Buddy Jesus is just too funny. biggrin_o.gif

Tyler

I nominate Tovarish for "Best Avatar on the Forum" award, 2003:

BuddyChrist.jpg

LOL, Buddy Jesus is just too funny. biggrin_o.gif

Tyler

LMFAO. I've also gotten PM's describing it as the "freakiest" "weirdest" and "really disturbing", as well as starting conversations about Kevin Smith movies and finding out about his new projects biggrin_o.gif.

A bad picture, but:

buddyc.jpg

This little statue sits on the top of my computer, making sure that evil demons dont possess it. smile_o.gif

He also protects me from SARS.

A sure sign that people are starting to accept the threat and risks of SARS and are dealign with the stress. I saw a T-Shirt the other day that said:

IF YOU ARE CLOSE ENOUGH TO READ THIS, YOU ALREADY HAVE SARS