Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Appologies to america

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Mar. 10 2003,17:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm wasn't there an Candian Women something who said "I hate those American Bastards" Or something like that?<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, there was a Liberal female Member of Parliament who let that slip un/intentionally to reporters after a house session. tounge.gif lol

I forget the members name at this time.

Don't forget that the Americans invaded Canada in the War of 1812 as well. We got there, looked around and said, "No way is this place worth fighting for!" and left it to you crazy snow loving Canucks. Then we went home, developed McDonalds, MTV, and the crappy sitcom. Now those are worth fighting for!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 10 2003,14:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They burnt down the white house in the 1812 war??

crazy.gif !!BASTARDS!!  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Heh, somehow I knew everyone would misunderstand me.

What I meant to say was, "I thought the British burned down the Whitehouse." And then I though, "Hey wait a second, were they still under British control when that happened??"

So what I am getting at is that the Canadians (Under British rule) burned down the Whitehouse. So otherwise SOLDIERS FROM CANADA, NOT FROM ENGLAND burned down the original Whitehouse. Even though they were under British command.

As Homer Simpson would say. "Canada?! Why do we have to goto America Jr.?" Or something along those lines. Anyways. As far as i can see, this is a "I'm canadian and not ashamed of it, although i should be, because its cold up here, help." thread. And its not locked, possibly because it got started by an mod. Had anyone else started this, i'm sure it would be locked already.

P.S.

I'll be the first to admit that american beer is not hte greatest, but good lord people, whats the point?! Once you get drunk enough it all tastes the same! Beer taste like piss anyways. Its like winning 2 billion dollars if you have sex with your grandma. Damned if getting there isn't hell, but once its done its aaaaall good.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Schoeler @ Mar. 11 2003,03:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't forget that the Americans invaded Canada in the War of 1812 as well.  We got there, looked around and said, "No way is this place worth fighting for!" and left it to you crazy snow loving Canucks.  Then we went home, developed McDonalds, MTV, and the crappy sitcom.  Now those are worth fighting for!<span id='postcolor'>

You have got it backwards my friend smile.gif. You see, you invaded Canada first, you were kicked back and chased, the White house was burnt, and then the Canadians left when they heard there was a party back home biggrin.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't make me come up there lol...

Incidentally, how can you bag on American beer when you guys drink that Labatt Blue stuff... *gag* Molson's pretty good though  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Odd...dosen't molson brew most american beers?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Mar. 11 2003,04:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Its like winning 2 billion dollars if you have sex with your grandma. Damned if getting there isn't hell, but once its done its aaaaall good.<span id='postcolor'>

wow.gif Thanks for that. I suppose I didn't need to go to sleep tonight anyways... crazy.gif

lol

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 10 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They burnt down the white house in the 1812 war??

crazy.gif !!BASTARDS!!  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

We came, we burned, and the beer sucked so we went back home.

I get the feeling that US' and Canada's mutual "friendship" is very much like the one shared between Norway and Sweden! And the swedish beer sucks too - hehe!

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Mar. 11 2003,04:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">As Homer Simpson would say. "Canada?! Why do we have to goto America Jr.?" Or something along those lines. Anyways. As far as i can see, this is a "I'm canadian and not ashamed of it, although i should be, because its cold up here, help." thread. And its not locked, possibly because it got started by an mod. Had anyone else started this, i'm sure it would be locked already.

P.S.

I'll be the first to admit that american beer is not hte greatest, but good lord people, whats the point?! Once you get drunk enough it all tastes the same! Beer taste like piss anyways. Its like winning 2 billion dollars if you have sex with your grandma. Damned if getting there isn't hell, but once its done its aaaaall good.<span id='postcolor'>

Wanna know a secret pins?

I expected another mod to close this a LOT sooner. But since it's still here, what the hell! biggrin.gif

I am a Canadian first, a mod second smile.gif

Canda and the US are a lot like brothers. We have the same experiences, only the US is like the rebellious brother that had to leave home at 15, or dad would kick his ass. We're the one that grew up and left home when it was time. Does that make one better than the other? Nah... both countries have produced great things in their time. smile.gif

We candians just like prodding you guys every once in awhile to remind you that life really isnt that serious, and you need to kick back, drink a (good)beer and relax smile.gif

Even though I was taught by unliscensed teachers, I still got a better education in my high school than I would of in public school, plus I didn't have to worry about getting stabbed wow.gif. I loved my history class. We learned all about the war of 1812 but I think we only got as far as the civil war until the end of the year. tounge.gif

Say, doesn't 98% of the Canadian population live on the border between the US and Canada? Sort of leeching, eh?

Bah, I shouldn't say much. I dated a Canadian girl a while back. Had to break it off with her though, her igloo was just too small, and I just didn't like how she cooked whale blubber.

wink.gif

Texas beers are pretty good. Y'all ever tried Shiner Bock? Good stuff (I may be a minor, but goddammit there ain't nothin else to do in my town lol).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 11 2003,07:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Texas beers are pretty good. Y'all ever tried Shiner Bock? Good stuff (I may be a minor, but goddammit there ain't nothin else to do in my town lol).<span id='postcolor'>

The problem in this thread is that people are generalising North American beers based on the stuff that Bubba buys at 7-11.

There are some AMAZING micro brew beers almost everywhere.

Why?

Because guys who like real beer end up starting a micro brewery just so that they can get suds that dont make you want to puke!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 10 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We candians just like prodding you guys every once in awhile to remind you that life really isnt that serious, and you need to kick back, drink a (good)beer and relax smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sooo....you're telling the fattest nation in the world to sit back, relax and drink a beer? I think we do enough of that. biggrin.giftounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 11 2003,00:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There are some AMAZING micro brew beers almost everywhere.<span id='postcolor'>

Damn right. My ex-girlfriends dad has his own micro-brewery in his basement. That stuff was GREAT. And he also made some awesome meade. The beer would've made momma proud.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PiNs_Da_Smoka @ Mar. 11 2003,07:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 10 2003,23:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We candians just like prodding you guys every once in awhile to remind you that life really isnt that serious, and you need to kick back, drink a (good)beer and relax smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Sooo....you're telling the fattest nation in the world to sit back, relax and drink a beer? I think we do enough of that. biggrin.giftounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

There is a difference between being lazy gits, and RELAXING. biggrin.gif

Maybe we did get chased back to our own country, but I'm sure it was with a couple of cases of Canadian beer that we "borrowed" from our Canadian brethren. Of course they did chase us and burn down our White House, so it could be that they were either really pissed, or hadn't yet perfected the idea of the Texas style open pit barbecue yet. After all, what goes better with beer than a good sized chunk of charred meat?

Maybe I'm a little biased, but Aussie (Victorian) beer is the best beer in the world.

carlton_draught.jpgMB.jpg1037004992_med.jpg

Carlton Draught, Melbourne Bitter, and Crown Lager, the holy trinity of beer. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 11 2003,08:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">(For all you Euros, that odd looking animal is the Horned Frog, a native to my area)

We had an influx of German immigrants early in our history<span id='postcolor'>

I didn't know Texas was full of German and French immigrants. tounge.gif

this link shows how bad canada is.I'll post a tad bit. smile.gif   LINK

I got a letter from the provincial government saying that my business is illegal. They cancelled my company registration and now I am not allowed to operate here. What is my company? HA! It’s a Web development and graphic design firm! How am I illegal? My NAME! Hyperion Creations sounds too English for their taste thus I am breaking the law (law 101). My Web sites are not up yet but if they would have been online I would have got a fine up to 10,000 because the sites are in English only.

This is an canadain. Wierd.You should send this link to that reporter. smile.gif

Tell him hes got tons of problems they should fix. smile.gif

Hell the language gespho went after Jacques Villeneuve because he opened up a restaurant in Montreal named after his nickname on the race circuit: Newtown. I have no idea how it turned out, but he swore he wouldn't change the name. Here's a hero of the french speaking people of this country and the damn government goes after him. Crazy.

COLINMAN

"At least they teach us how to spell."

Well, maybe they taught you Tex, but I have seen many Americans on the internet who was pretty far from fluent in their own language when it came to writing. : )

As for propaganda in schools. That is just the way it is. In Sweden we used to learn about a Danish king called Christian the Tyrant. He waged war on Sweden over a piece of land called Skane. In Skane, we actually call him Christian the liberator or Christian the good, but our schoolbooks still refer to him as Christian the tyrant (or they did when I went to school anyway).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Longinius @ Mar. 11 2003,10:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">"At least they teach us how to spell."

Well, maybe they taught you Tex, but I have seen many Americans on the internet who was pretty far from fluent in their own language when it came to writing. : )<span id='postcolor'>

I find it is an affliction that knows no national boundaries

Every nice American I have ever met turned out to be Canadian...

Every Audio Engineers nightmare..." o buy the way, they are from the USA and have American crew...". Quick get the towels... biggrin.gif