Sign in to follow this  
Warin

Appologies to america

Courtesy of Rick Mercer, formally of THIS HOUR

HAS 22 MINUTES - CBC Television:

On behalf of Canadians everywhere, I'd like to

offer an apology to the United States of America.

We haven't been getting along very well recently

and, for that, I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry we called George Bush a moron. He is a

moron, but, it wasn't nice of us to point it out.

If it's any consolation, the fact that he's a

moron shouldn't reflect poorly on the people of

America.

After all, it's not like you actually elected

him.

I'm sorry about our softwood lumber. Just because

we have more trees than you doesn't give us the

right to sell you lumber that's cheaper

and better than your own.

I'm sorry we beat you in Olympic hockey. In our

defence, I guess our excuse would be that our

teams were much, much, much, much better

than yours.

I'm sorry we burnt down your white house during

the war of 1812. I notice you've rebuilt it! It's

very nice.

I'm sorry about your beer. I know we had nothing

to do with your beer, but we feel your pain.

I'm sorry about our waffling on Iraq. I mean,

when you're going up against a crazed dictator,

you want to have your friends by your side. I

realize it took more than two years before you

guys pitched in against Hitler, but that was

different. Everyone knew he had weapons.

And finally, on behalf of all Canadians, I'm

sorry that we're constantly apologizing for

things in a passive-aggressive way which is

really a thinly veiled criticism. I sincerely

hope that you're not upset over this. We've seen

what you do to countries you get upset with.

Thank you.

P. S. Have a nice day, eh!

I have no idea what the piece was aboot, but we Americans feel sorry that our neighbor's navy consists of a leaky sub, and it is only because their bureacrats are dumber than ours.

not to mention Bryan Adams and bimbo Pam Anderson, who by the way is now an US citizen. hope her change of citizenship did not hurt your national pride and only object of sexual fantasy. and thank you for Peter Jennings. He looks so much better in ABC than CBC.

we are really hopeful that someday Canadians don't have to be drunk to say all these crap like this.

smile.gif

note: sorry, just couldn't resist the opportunity. biggrin.gif  tounge.gif

Don't make me come up there lol...

Incidentally, how can you bag on American beer when you guys drink that Labatt Blue stuff... *gag* Molson's pretty good though smile.gif

LOL, that Rick Mercer guy just sentenced himself to a lifetime of Canadian television with that rant. Say goodbye to the millions of greenbacks you could of had in the states, have fun with your laughable modest CBC salary.

Dan Aykroyd, Mike Myers and Jim Carrey... they're all laughing at you Rick!

-=Die Alive=-

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Mar. 10 2003,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, that Rick Mercer guy just sentenced himself to a lifetime of Canadian television with that rant.  Say goodbye to the millions of greenbacks you could of had in the states, have fun with your laughable modest CBC salary.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

You ever think he really doesnt care to become a big star in the US?

Not everyone thinks that selling out to Hollywood is neccesary to be successful wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't make me come up there lol...

Incidentally, how can you bag on American beer when you guys drink that Labatt Blue stuff... *gag* Molson's pretty good though  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Word to the wise, just keep on the qt. We export that Blue crap because no one here drinks it wink.gif

Give me Keiths or give me death smile.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Mar. 10 2003,11:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">wow.gif0--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Mar. 10 2003,20wow.gif0)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">LOL, that Rick Mercer guy just sentenced himself to a lifetime of Canadian television with that rant.  Say goodbye to the millions of greenbacks you could of had in the states, have fun with your laughable modest CBC salary.

-=Die Alive=-<span id='postcolor'>

You ever think he really doesnt care to become a big star in the US?

Not everyone thinks that selling out to Hollywood is neccesary to be successful wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I'm sure the author of this piece thinks his "art" is much more important then being successful or famous. wink.gif

Anyways, I was tempted to write a scathing reply, but when it comes down to it I like our neighbors to the north. I've enjoyed serving with all the Canadian airmen that I've met, and I'm sorry that things have come to the point that even Canada is taking shots...

PS I'm not sorry that you won the medal in hockey, or that the majority of those players flew back down here to the states for their day jobs. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Mar. 10 2003,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't make me come up there lol...

Incidentally, how can you bag on American beer when you guys drink that Labatt Blue stuff... *gag* Molson's pretty good though  smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Word to the wise, just keep on the qt. We export that Blue crap because no one here drinks it wink.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

Bah!

fin-medaillon.gif

9% alcohol baby!  biggrin.gif

They burnt down the white house in the 1812 war??

crazy.gif !!BASTARDS!! crazy.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 10 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They burnt down the white house in the 1812 war??

crazy.gif !!BASTARDS!!  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Look up "The War of 1812" by The Arrogant Worms biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Sgt. Milkman @ Mar. 10 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They burnt down the white house in the 1812 war??

crazy.gif !!BASTARDS!!  crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

LOL!

Gotta love the US school system!

Yeah, theWhite Housewas burned in the War of 1812. smile.gif

A lot of people claim that it wasnt Canada vs the US, because Canada was still a Colony. It was however British forces stationed in Canada, therefore they were by extension Canadians

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Mar. 10 2003,13:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Mar. 10 2003,20:57)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Mar. 10 2003,11:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Don't make me come up there lol...

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

Bah!

fin-medaillon.gif

9% alcohol baby!  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Haven't seen it around here in Alberta. I'll keep my eyes open. Our liquer stores usually are well stocked. Out here all the rage is the local Brewery Big Rock. Pretty good stuff. Keiths is one of those beers that tastes so good after a hot day and that's how I remember it.

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Mar. 10 2003,19:48)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">we are really hopeful that someday Canadians don't have to be drunk to say all these crap like this.<span id='postcolor'>

Don't forget The Quebec Version biggrin.gif

(just joking mes amis, don't stop sending La Fin du Monde to Ontario biggrin.gif )

Well i read the first couple of posts and i have to say anything is better that budweiser, you have to drink it so cold it numbs your mouth so you can't taste it. Even Spitfire is better, and that's saying something!

I thought the British burned down the White house, or is it Americans confusing us with the Canadians and then accusing the british of doing it? See i was told by lot's of Americans that we burned the White house in our redcoats, i don't know much about the small but top quality American history.

Hmmm wasn't there an Candian Women something who said "I hate those American Bastards" Or something like that?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Koolkid101 @ Mar. 10 2003,23:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm  wasn't there an Candian Women something who said "I hate those American Bastards" Or something like that?<span id='postcolor'>

I'm not sure, but I'm willing to bet this has been said more than once in the past...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ViperCheese @ Mar. 11 2003,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">american schools pump youngsters with proaganda<span id='postcolor'>

To be accurate:

<Insert Nation here> pump youngsters with propoganda.

The US doesnt have a lock on this technique. In fact, even Canadian schools (which are among the best in the world) instill nationalism in the students.

It's human nature, not an American invention.

Bah, I wouldn't touch North American beer with a barge pole.

'How is having sex in a canoe similar to American beer? There both fucking close to water!' Boom Boom!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...After all, it's not like you actually elected

him.

...<span id='postcolor'>

It's even funnier cause we didn't! tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ViperCheese @ Mar. 11 2003,00:06)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">american schools pump youngsters with proaganda<span id='postcolor'>

At least they teach us how to spell.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Badgerboy @ Mar. 11 2003,00:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bah, I wouldn't touch North American beer with a barge pole.

'How is having sex in a canoe similar to American beer? There both fucking close to water!' Boom Boom!<span id='postcolor'>

teehee! It's funny 'cus it's true...

As an Australian, let me state that yes, American beer truly does suck. tounge.gif

Really? I thought schoolkids in America got pumped full of smack, or 9mm slugs. tounge.gif