?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Hi there... after some time of inactivity, I have resumed Arma Modding. Here I present my WIP projects.... two of Damen schelde LST ships (LST 100, like the ones built for Nigeria and Argentina) and an LST 120h (this one comes with a Helicopter hangar.

In the end of the screen you can see the recently presented Navio Multi Funtional Luso, the A888 Joao II of the Marinha Portuguesa.... It is a 107 metres drone carrier.

All of them are fairly WIP, although the LST 100 already has most of it functions enabled.

The lST 100 can carry around 8 IFVs or  trucks, or12 light vehicles. It can unload the directly on a beach. The davits for the RHIB and LCVPs work and both can be loaded/unloaded in the ship (via attachto, not vehicle in vehicle). The plan is that all whips will be fully walkable. As of today, the GEO and Roadway lods are fairly stable.

I also have Navantia's Kodal class Littoral Ship, a 37 meter LCM

I hope I will be able to release something after christmas.... Even if it is an alpha

• Like 5

Great to see you back modding and some great stuff already afloat!

9 hours ago, chops said:

Great to see you back modding and some great stuff already afloat!

Yeah @chops... the stem cell transplant was a hell...

Hardest thing I've done in my life...

The last two months I have been weak as a kitten but now I fell much better...

• Like 3

It looks great so far! Also happy to hear you are on the upswing and feeling better. I don't know of anyone personally that had such a procedure, but can imagine it is not a pleasant experience to undergo. But....seeing you posting and starting to feel better is certainly a testament of your inners strength and willpower. All the best to you and hope you continue to feel better and better.  🙂

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Some progress....

I have enabled the Davits for the RKSL LCVPs (My idea will be to also enable gunboats in the same place). I still have to texture some parts, but before I have to add more details on the bow. I'm also working on the loading ramps (bow and stern). 

Have patience... I don't have much time for modding right now.

For  COOP landing ops... the idea will be:

- First, launch the helicopter and the RHIB...

- Secure landing área and environs

- Signal launching of the LCVPs

- Amphibious IFVs can also be launched from the stern

- Lastly, beach the LST and unload tanks and trucks

bear in mind that this is an small ship (100 meters) and the cargo capacity (due to the limitations of Vehicle in Vehicle) is vastly reduced from reality. IRL it could transport at least 6 or 8 more light vehicles plus 4 or 5 more tanks or heavy vehicles. Arma is that way...

After I finish the LST 100, I will continue working on her bigger 120 meters brothers. Those can carry half a dozen more vehicles.

• Like 1

G'day @mankyle,

Great to see you're back modding again and even better to hear that your health is improving. 

The new ships are looking really good and your ideas sound very promising.

Keep up the good work, but don't wear yourself out.

Regards

Wansec_6

Today I have completely reworked Geometry and the ship is still very stable.

FYI I have loaded 6 trucks and 3 Stryders in the ViV space plus the two LCVPs and the RHIB in their attachto spaces. 4 more stryders or trucks could fit between the LCVPs davits but they wouldn't use ViV space.

Next to do:

- Now that the GEO has been improved I can add a weapons store and an small Hospital for 4-5 beds. I don't know anything about ACE medical system or other medical systems but if they tell me how to set other systems, I could make this ship compatible.

- I'm also going to add some kind of command center behind the bridge (I don't have the interior plans, but it seems the logical location for it) with 3-4 computer posts and a big screen.

- I'm also going to add a couple cabins too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, EricJ said:

ACE3 Documentation:

https://ace3.acemod.org/index.html

It's not hard adding ACE3 functionality, though I would recommend not making it a dependency, just my 2 cents though.

'Arma 3' 2.14 added support for conditionally loading further code when a supported addon is installed, so adding a dependency, even if there's no such thing as a soft dependency, wouldn't hurt. ACE3, CBA, ZEN, just to name a few, are using it.

• Like 2

Ahh didn't know that.

Vehicle Deck loaded with 6 vehicles. Theoretically it can fit 4 Gorgons and 3 stryders or 6 Trucks and 3 stryders. The 120 meters version will have mor cargo capacity.

Infirmary WIP. More med devices and thingies will be added.

This will be the Armory. I still have to add more details like arm racks, lockers, etc...

Here you can see one of RKSLs LCVPs loaded on the starbord davit and being readied for deployment. 

• Like 4