Sign in to follow this  

Fish in the water

Guest BratZ

Those are looking great!!

I have some planes to launch those torpedos.

Since you decided to pick on me smile.gif

TRF= Trident refit facility ie; where the boomers get fixed,

security is nearly airtight during "normal" operations, nowadays

even asking to take a photo would be ill-considered <I'm not active military, just a contractor, who isn't gonna risk his GS-10 job over a photo of 1 lousy torp> biggrin.gif

Those look really good! smile.gif Love the sound of the Shkval...Just can't wait til somebody releases a vessel that's more deserving of its "attention" than a MK-2 PBR...lol...Also : would torps really have markings painted on them?Like the red star on the Soviet ones and "Navy" on the US ones confused.gif ?

Shashman,

If it moves, salute it,

If it doesn't move, pick it up

If it's too big to pick up, paint it

smile.gif

Considering that brand of military logic, yep they do have "Navy" painted on them, <like we'd forget who it belongs to?> smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Mar. 30 2003,20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hows it coming along?<span id='postcolor'>

I havn't really started OFP, much less continued any work since the war began. I really neither have the time nor the will to complete the torpedoes right now.

The majority of the work is complete. All the models are made and all the guidance scripts have been written. Special effects have been implemented.

What remains is some parameter ajustments for the individual torpedo types and connecting the current objects to a delivery system. Not too much work, but as I said, I've really lost my appetite for war games right now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 01 2003,12:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Mar. 30 2003,20:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hows it coming along?<span id='postcolor'>

I havn't really started OFP, much less continued any work since the war began. I really neither have the time nor the will to complete the torpedoes right now.

The majority of the work is complete. All the models are made and all the guidance scripts have been written. Special effects have been implemented.

What remains is some parameter ajustments for the individual torpedo types and connecting the current objects to a delivery system. Not too much work,  but as I said, I've really lost my appetite for war games right now.<span id='postcolor'>

huh i don't see why the war has such a great influence on coc confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ April 01 2003,14:46)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">huh i don't see why the war has such a great influence on coc confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Perhaps because we have several veterans among our members.

"War is only delightful to those who have not experienced it."

—Erasmus

. . .  mad.gif

u must be either a communist, muslim...or stupid confused.gif

apperently u dont belive in freedom huh? u like the idea of killing thosands of civilans for "fun". ok mr "i dont like war" listen to the following auido. then come back and tell me war is wrong

Listen to This

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ April 01 2003,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. . .  mad.gif

u must be either a communist, muslim...or stupid confused.gif<span id='postcolor'>

48h post restriction for breaking §1.1 of the board rules or §1.2, take your pick.

Also keep the politics out of this thread. If you wish to discuss the Iraq war use the two threads in the OT forum.

Guest BratZ

Thanks for the update Denoir...sorry to hear about the current situation.

I can wait but in the meantime if there is anything I could do to help.I surely am not the scripting gurus that you guys are, but I could be of some help somehow.

I have so many unfinished projects, it would be rude to rush yours, I understand.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tales_From_Topographic_Oceans @ Mar. 12 2003,17:51)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">while I am at it, anybody know how high one can fly in the air? Is there a threshold?<span id='postcolor'>

It goes up to 1966 high in a BlackHawk, it just gets eventully swept over and falls back down wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ April 01 2003,17:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">§1.1 §1.2<span id='postcolor'>

Isnt the § sign means Simoleans the sims money? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ April 02 2003,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He plays the sims

Get 'im!!<span id='postcolor'>

LONG LIVE THE SIMS!!

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ April 02 2003,13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ April 02 2003,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He plays the sims

LONG LIVE THE SIMS!!<span id='postcolor'>

Yeap. In my SimCity... They have a nice hot lives there.... Volcanoes, tornados, giant robots and garbage, nuke etc. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([CCCP]Stalker @ April 02 2003,20:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Shashman @ April 02 2003,13:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (MrMilli @ April 02 2003,13:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">He plays the sims

LONG LIVE THE SIMS!!<span id='postcolor'>

Yeap. In my SimCity... They have a nice hot lives there.... Volcanoes, tornados, giant robots and garbage, nuke etc.  biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

giant robot reminds me martin's robot so when i finish simcity i go in ofp place 1000 people and make em run biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ April 01 2003,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">. . .  mad.gif

u must be either a communist, muslim...or stupid confused.gif

apperently u dont belive in freedom huh? u like the idea of killing thosands of civilans for "fun". ok mr "i dont like war" listen to the following auido. then come back and tell me war is wrong

Listen to This<span id='postcolor'>

LOL... that muhammed guy keeps calling her little girl like if he was some kinda santa clause...

well that torpedo really looks cool, been wondering when someone would start making em'...

Hello Denoir.

This is a very welcome ans awaited add on that would surely boost Naval ops on OFP.

Could you give us an update about its release?

I am really looking forward for such add on. biggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

The control system and models are finished.

What remains:

[*] Tweaking the control system to mimic the behaviour of different types of torpedoes.

[*] Making weapon proxies for a delivey system.

[*] Fix assorted bugs

[*] Test for MP compatibility

[*] Make it compatible with the CoC Open Swimming System so that the torpedoes don't chase after divers and swimmer

And possibly:

[*] Making a unit that uses the torpedoes.

The last point if included will take time. Nominally the torpedoes are weapons, like the LGBs in OFP. You can add them to a unit with the addWeapon command but there are no units that have them by default. If you want to see the torpedoes hanging from for instance a chopper then somebody has to make a chopper in O2 with torpedo weapon proxies. So the question is if I should make a sample unit or if I just settle for the torpedoes.

As for a time frame, it's difficult to give. I have two projects that are of higher priority right now, one is the CoC Unified Documentation System (system for documenting our function libraries) and the CoC Adaptive Systems (function library for Neural Networks and Reinforcement Learing in OFP).

Guest BratZ

My Helldiver would be the perfect candidate to fit a torpedo in the bomb bay.Your welcome to it, no need to make another unit.

Its awaiting some torpedoes,lol

I offer what help I can give

I think BAS is making an SH/HH-60 to go with their Navy SEALS. They might be willing to help out, assuming of course that they are making the Seahawk.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ 06 May 2003,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Helldiver would be the perfect candidate to fit a torpedo in the bomb bay.Your welcome to it, no need to make another unit.

I offer what help I can give<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe. Thanks, but I don't think the Helldiver carried Mk-48 torpedoes wink.gif

Hi Denoir

I have a George Washington Submarine (working submersible) that needs a complete weapon system, torpedos, missles etc.

I am working on the interior at the moment, so if you are interested...

Guest BratZ

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ 07 May 2003,09:37)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (BratZ @ 06 May 2003,19:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">My Helldiver would be the perfect candidate to fit a torpedo in the bomb bay.Your welcome to it, no need to make another unit.

I offer what help I can give<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe. Thanks, but I don't think the Helldiver carried Mk-48 torpedoes wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Ugg no it took 1x 2,167 lb Mk13-2 torpedoes...you didn't make any of those?