ShmickShmack

Connection Issue with EVERY server

Kind of a weird problem.. I just got the game and I cant connect to any server. SORT OF..

I am able to connect to any server I want. As long as I'm inside the "Role Assignment" screen or the respawn screen, my connection is fine. I hear everyone's mic, the map is interactive, no problems..

But once I'm inside the map, about 10 seconds pass and I lose connection. I've tried about 30 Official servers. 

so far, I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game, turned off my firewall, turned off my anti-virus, restarted my router, checked router options, made sure my network drivers is up to date... Don't know what else to do. I tried mod servers and get the same problem. 

brutal...

Hello, welcome to BI forums!

Sorry to read about your issue.

Just a suggestion but you should fix your username here, it can be anything.

As for your issue, by default the game's logs should be on, so after you make your next attempt on a server

then exit the game and go to this folder on your computer -----> C:\Users\your username\AppData\Local\Arma 3

inside that folder will be a notepad doc that will say something along the lines of the following:   Arma3_x64_2023-08-14_03-58-13.rpt

it wont have the exact numbers but it will be similar.

Open that with notepad, select all, then copy it, then go to this website ---->  https://justpaste.it/

paste the log there, then publish (red button on bottom) and then share the link in your reply.

The rpt is a log file that the game generates every time you get ingame, it will tell you everything thats going on with the game, be it errors, conflicts, whatever,

so with that, lets at least take a look and see if there is anything in there that can tell us what the problem might be, its a start and it may not show anything,

it could be your router or something else. But ideally any time you have issues with the game, thats where you want to start.

Arma 3 launcher

Now just a note, when you start the game and you get the Arma 3 launcher, on the left of the launcher is a tab called Parameters

click on that, and then go to All Parameters at the top, from there scroll down and go to advanced, in that section is a

setting that looks like this ----->   No Logs: [  ]

make sure that box is unchecked before you attempt to reconnect to a server.

When that parameter box is unchecked it posts full logs of everything going on, if its checked then a log is created but only the basic stuff

like what your running and thats it, it wont post errors or anything beyond that.  So check that first then make your server attempt and then lets go from there.

THANKS!

Good advice. gives me hope that I didn't hit a dead end YET... 

I have like 10 more of these, but i think this should be enough. Its the same exact problem, so if these logs don't show anything, the other 10 wont either.

I looked through them, honestly I don't understand it. lol..  

https://jpst.it/3laJ1

https://jpst.it/3laJy

https://jpst.it/3laJL

https://jpst.it/3laJX

https://jpst.it/3laKc

https://jpst.it/3laKr

Thanks for those.

Seeing this alot:

21:55:42 Setting invalid pitch 0.0000 for L Bravo 3-4:1 REMOTE

and

21:56:56 Client: Network message 1bda (update info f80c0c78) is pending

Heres one of your problems:

22:21:31 Data required by server could not be found: csla_afmc_air\

That csla is the:
Arma 3 Creator DLC: CSLA Iron Curtain

So if you dont own that dlc and are trying to get on a server with out it, you get that error, and get kicked from the server.

Outside that, other then the 2 lines i listed at the top which could be just some debug errors which dont effect anything, just more

a status post, i cant really say whats going on, someone else who knows servers, and networks needs to take a look at this.

About all i can tell you right now is do a verify integrity of cache to make sure your game isn't corrupted, up to date, and not missing

any files, which can solve some things but i dont think thats the issue, it could be a network issue related to your internet/router and even firewalls, suggest

looking into that on your computer as it could be blocking you from connecting.

thanks, I have done all that. Maybe you're right. I'm totally new. I didn't buy any dlc and the game is old. So there's a chance every official server or mod server I've tried was running dlc that I don't have. 

Talk about being too Vanilla... 

I hope someone else could take a look at this thread over time. I appreciate your insight. Would you be able to post the name of a server that is exclusive to the original game, no dlc. Do those even exist?

In general, you should not be loading any optional DLCs/CDLCs unless you are playing its missions/campaign, or are playing a mission specifically built for it. Otherwise, you will likely see errors or unexpected behaviors - basically, when you load an optional DLC/CDLC, you are running a different version of the game.

Make sure you understand the difference between DLC and optional DLC in this context.

DLC:

Karts, Helicopters, Marksmen, Apex, Jets, Tac-Ops Mission Pack, Laws of War, Tanks, Contact (platform), Art of War

Optional DLC/CDLC:

Contact, Global Mobilization, CSLA Iron Curtain, S.O.G. Prairie Fire, Western Sahara, Spearhead 1944

DLC is always loaded.

Optional DLC is only loaded when absolutely required.

Look for "vanilla" servers to get started - no optional DLC, no mods.

It can be very confusing, but it's worth it once you get sorted.

its very confusing. If im trying to enter a server from the launcher, every server i go to, even the ones who are "Vanilla" says im missing 

DLC:

Karts, Helicopters, Marksmen, Apex, Jets, Tac-Ops Mission Pack, Laws of War, Tanks, Contact (platform), Art of War..

That would explain why i cant enter anything... IDK.. lol

13 hours ago, ShmickShmack said:

I didn't buy any dlc and the game is old.

😄 the game is old, i tell you what i've got newer games then this and their boring compared to Arma, arma dont get old.

Anytime i play any other game to much i have to get back to Arma and enable true freedom again, and shake off the retardedness of other games.

With hundreds of high quality mods, thousands of missions, codes, scripts, modelling, configuration, there is so much content for Arma 3 that you could

play this game for the rest of your life and still find something new!

I been in this series since it started, playing arma 3 since the Alpha and im still learning, and finding new stuff to do, learn, and play yes its that vast!

You tell me what your into and i can tell you where to look!

13 hours ago, ShmickShmack said:

Would you be able to post the name of a server that is exclusive to the original game, no dlc. Do those even exist?

Other then use filters in the arma 3 launcher server tab, im sure their there but

i dont play on public servers, nor do i just play the vanilla game, but what you can try is this browser for servers:

http://master.bistudio.com/?page=1&count=100&filter[status]=1&filter[password]=0&sorting[mod]=desc&game_id=6

If you add in the name of the server it will come up, if you put the name of a mod there it will list all the servers with that mod's name, so right now its

on vanilla, i would suggest just going through those and look at the descriptions, and check them out.

Hope that helps! Cheers!

Yea, unfortunately, I've tried everything i could and still doesn't work. I literally just got the game. Sucks.. 

Sorry to read that, heres a few more suggestions:

1. Contact BI Support:  Customer support support@bohemia.net

and explain or link this thread whats going on.

2. Use the Arma 3 Feedback Tracker https://feedback.bistudio.com/project/view/1/

Create an account, login, theres a guide there on how to make a report, then make a report supply all your details of whats going on,

what you tried, your computer specs, ect,. post it and see what they say.

3. Ask on the Arma 3 Discord https://discord.com/invite/arma

You might get a better response there, ask in the trouble shooting section.

Try those and see if that helps, imo i'd start with the discord.

So if you get a response, and get things working, then please share what you did, and or was said in your thread

here so if anyone else has the same or similar issue then they can fix their game too. Cheers!

I will do that. Today, I was able to get onto a server called Bad Company |No Mods Invade and Annex|   IP  213.246.56.27 :2302

it is the only server under Official Servers that pops up with a green button and no "?".. Even though the whole time it showed that I was losing connection, it didn't go into the red and time out. 

I don't know what's different about this server and I wish i knew a little more to distinguish the difference but being absolutely new, it looks identical in terms of mods and Dlcs like all other servers. 

But this does prove one thing... Its not a router/firewall/antivirus issue.. I can connect.. I think that's what it proves... lmao

So, this is 100% my personal opinion, but don't waste your time on the official servers. Figure out what experience(s) you are interested in and focus on solving for that.

First, what led you to buying Arma 3?

i cant connect to anything. figured official servers would be the go too for testing out connection issues. I just wanted to try it.. dont have preference. dont even know how to play any modes because i haven't been able to try anything. 

https://jpst.it/3lfH5 this log is from my last attempt. i just reinstalled the game and still happening., im beginning to just give up and call it a day. wasted $30.. lol

20 hours ago, ShmickShmack said:

im beginning to just give up and call it a day. wasted $30.. lol

Dont do that, you'd give up a massive sandbox that has hundreds of high quality mods, thousands of missions, a full blow editor, where you can code, script,

build mods, and many other things.  Alot of these other games out have maybe a minor fraction of the ability to do this if that,

dont give up over not being able to connect to a server, theres an issue somewhere.

Have you looked at the rest of the game or did you just try to join servers right away after buying it?

MP is 25% out of a 100% of what you can do in the game, it aint Battlefield, or Call of duty with just a SP campaign and everything else is MP.

There is no other game you'll come across maybe rare anyways that has updated their game many times every

year since its release and continues to do so to this day. Speaking of which, another update is pending ----> Dev Changelog

$30 is an investment is minute for what you get, you only wasted your money if you gave up, your lucky to be able to play, theres players out there that

cant get the game started because of hardware or issues with drivers ect,. reach out to Bi as i suggested in my previous post.

I looked at your rpt there and didn't really see anything, why i suggest asking on discord or go to the feedback tracker, on the feedback tracker

supply your rpt and one of the devs can tell you whats wrong.

The game aint crashing like it does for some people so thats a major plus its rare anyways

but people report that too aside not being able to start the game, just not being able to connect is minor, its something that either your missing or a setting.

Thats why you need to reach out to the devs they can read all the code and whats going on and tell you what you need to do.

If you want i have a server i rent, its a private server, i can set it on vanilla, i'll give you a password to join it and see if you can connect, you want to try that?

• Like 1

I dont want to give up but discord hasn't helped either. Yea, id love that. Just to see if id stay connected. Im able to play campaign no problem. its just MP. I dont even know what the game is about. Just looked cool and figured id add it to my list of games. lol. 

whenever youre ready with server info.. 

THANKS!

10 hours ago, ShmickShmack said:

I dont want to give up but discord hasn't helped either.

A suggestion is to go to the link RCA3 has posted and make sure you have those files there, scroll down below the requirements list

and download the software requirements. Yours could be out of date, or you could be missing one or all of them.

Once you have those, then test a server.

Maybe this guide can help you in general for Arma 3 https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3:_Getting_Started

and then theres my compilation list for more other types of guides:

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/227697-arma-3-general-game-guides-faqs-manuals-tutorials-compilation/

11 hours ago, ShmickShmack said:

whenever youre ready with server info.

I'll send you the server name, and ip address and pw to the server in pm.

Server is running the vanilla game i have no mods running so, you can get on and choose whatever vanilla scenario on there

or the scenarios i have on there, though some require mods. But look for a pm.