Gunter Severloh

Arma 3 General game guides, FAQ's, Manuals, & Tutorials Compilation

Arma 3 General game guides, FAQ's, Manuals, & Tutorials Compilation

by Gunter Severloh                                                                                          Last Updated - February 8th, 2020

Description

This is a compilation of all the basic game guides, faq's, manuals, and tutorials for arma3 in one place.

Considering the plethora of information out there for the game i among many others over the years found it

difficult to locate information on various subjects, this compilation is one major collection of a basic and general area for the game, perfect

for newcomers, and general players alike.  Whats listed based on the subjects i created i feel is not all the manuals, guides, and other info for arma3

so as time goes on and i find more, or some are suggested in feedback, then more will be added accordingly.

Overview Video

Commanding AI Guides

Field Manuals, & Gameplay Guides

Flying Helicopters & Planes Guides

Game Controls & Key layout Guides/Manuals

General Game FAQs/Guides/Manuals - Mods, Parameters, & Misc

Map Guides & Legends

New Player/Beginner Quick start, Getting Started Guides & Manuals

Sniping Guides

Tatical Guides

Credits & Community

To those who have put together the information (all over the place :h: i give you props

and credits to your work, i hope that your information here will help the community new and old in their

endeavors in and out of the game.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Update

The compilation list has been completed, future updates will add and adjust things if need be, for now this is what was done:

• Updated description
  • Sorted all listings into subjects based on their titles and content (might need some tweaking)
  • Added a few new listings to certain subjects
  • Added spoilers, bullets, and increased Font size, and adjusted color accordingly

Notes:

For those of you who dont understand the reasoning behind the layout and setup of the list, the following will explain:

1. A long list means you need to scroll, and scroll alot, this imo wastes time, so spoilers are used to condense listings (items or subjects), this cuts the scrolling time in half if not more.
  2. Large item fonts and bold - Its done this way to standout, so your not straining yourself, spending time "reading" the point is to be able to look at it and have an idea what it is.
  3. Large subject fonts and color, Blue stands out and looks decent on white, black is ok can work but makes the thread bland, large font for the subject enables you to see what is what quickly.

All for today. Cheers!

Update

added the following:

Commanding AI Guides

• GUIDE] AI Squad Command
  • Wiki ArmA II AI Squad Command
  • GlovePie Voice Command
  • Articulate: Squad Voice Command Utility for Arma 3
  • ArmA 3 Guide - AI Control Introduction - Utube tutorial
  • ARMA 3 Field Guide - Downloadable PDF

Note: These are from a section in my AI Compilation list found under Guides, so if one dont look there,

then at least they will be here under another ideal subject.

Is there a clear guide out there that covers how to setup a headless client ? This is for the mission Liberation Tobruk which already has HC support (HC slots are shown in the mission start screen). The whole thing is just confusing me. Do I have to copy across gigabytes of mods if I run the HC on another machine ? Do I *have* to have a separate steam ID ? Can I use Arma 3 launcher to launch the HC, or some other launcher ? Confused 😱.

EDIT: Of course as soon a I wrote that I found - https://docs.linuxgsm.com/game-servers/arma-3 - which includes the clearest explanation I've seen so far of an HC plus a handy simple setup system. 

17 hours ago, MichaelZFreeman said:

Is there a clear guide out there that covers how to setup a headless client ?

That subject will be in another compilation, as i have several aside this im working on for various sections of the forum,

this list in the OP is just basic guides, manuals ect,. so headless client wont be listed here.

For headless client either way take a look at this and the video below:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Headless_Client

17 hours ago, MichaelZFreeman said:

EDIT: Of course as soon a I wrote that I found - https://docs.linuxgsm.com/game-servers/arma-3 - which includes the clearest explanation I've seen so far of an HC plus a handy simple setup system. 

Good find, i'll add that to my collection for the subject.