Alex_LT

My vision of perfect Arma 4

We can only guess what developers have in their mind, but maybe these ideas will inspire them for the future content, if they'll ever  be read.

1) Setting  - late cold war  - nowadays, somewhere  like '89 to 2000 , which would lead an enormous  variety  of vehicles and weaponry.

2) Both singleplayer and multiplayer to satisfy  most of people needs.

3) Both simple 2d editor (A2 is good example) and enhanced 3d editor like A3 has.

4) DLC  - various nations , for example British Armed Forces, Bundeswehr, Pla, Iraq, etc. - each with their own vehicles and weaponry.

5) Enhanced difficulty options - editable  AI accuracy , enemy markings, simplified and enhanced vehicle controls,

6) Radar simulation.

7) Modular  vehicle and structure damage.

Feel free to criticise and suggest your ideas. I wonder what else of the community thinks

Agree with all of the above. Here is my list.

- New original terrain for Arma 4, at least as big as Altis, with large topographical variety. Everon is great with mountains, fields, lakes and forests to hide. Altis was too flat and barren in my opinion.

- Winter variant of the Arma 4 base map (or second separate map).

- Abandoned russian missile launch facility. Something with a post apocalyptic feel.

- 12km distance view or more, not the 5 we have now.

- Civilian life.

- Advanced wildlife (more advanced than Arma 3)

- System for war crimes / prisoners of war. AI can surrender.

- Sling Loading.

- Firing from vehicles.

- Rappelling from helis and buildings.

- Diving. Aquatic wildlife.

- Advanced flight model for planes and helis.

- Possibility to land without gear deployed. Crash / emergency landing without the plane exploding.

- Able to break cars headlights.

- Engine failed ignition. If vehicle damaged sometimes it dies on you or you have to turn the key multiple times before it starts.

- More advanced medic system. Medic classes. Dragging bodies. Limping. Medevac system. (Love the bleeding mechanic reforger already has).

- Attack and transport planes. (yes for radar and dynamic loadouts, or anything Bohemia is willing to implement for added fun and realism). Ejection seats. Parachutes. Supersonic bang.

- Keep the analog feel Reforger has. It's great to have modern tanks with auto laser range and thermal optics, but it's also super cool to sometimes work with a simple mortar without electronics, so you have to make your calculations yourself with a map and compass and hope to strike a target 5 km away. I want that kind of gameplay.

- Nuke.

- Realistic system to unflip or tow vehicle.

- Full building destruction. Heavy vehicles can crush trees and demolish the wall of a house like a bulldozer.

- Glowsticks.

- Virtual Arsenal. Test area like Arma 3 with bullet paths, see through vehicles, damage zones... and also in game to customize character with 360 degrees camera view, full gear and weapon list, etc.
- Scenario Editor.

- SP/Coop campaign. (Tac-ops, Laws of War DLC and Old Man from Arma 3 are great exemples).

- Anti-Material rifles that can hit a target up to 2300 meters away like the Cheytac.

- Proper material penetration. At the moment some surfaces like walls of houses block everything. I think a 50 bmg can shatter a hollow cinder block with ease, or anything that Everon houses are made of.

- Full fleet of military vehicles and weapons for all factions of course. APC, IFV, Tank, Helicopters, Planes, Drones, Boats, you name it.

- Better vehicle destruction simulation. Better fire effect than what we have now. Damage to turrets. Reactive armor.

- Animations for reloading static weapons and ammo/shells inside vehicles.

- Visual cue for pierced gas tank. Gas puddle forming or a stream of gas leaking (like in GTA for exemple).

- Free drawing on map. Not just lines.

- Better visuals for tracer rounds at night. Shooting the miniguns of a little bird in Arma 3 was so pretty at night, could even draw cirlces in the sky.

- Placing explosives on vehicles. BF3 C4 style.

- Advanced AI suppression.

- Aircraft carrier.

- Escape the island scenarios.

- Realistic use and behavior of suppressors. Don't want to see lone wannabe specops soldiers everywhere on conflict with their suppressed m16 and m21. Less fun because less noise on the battelfield, and also because finding the location of players shooting at you with suppressors becomes impossible.

- Fog.

- Integrated extra long range radios in vehicles, especially aircraft.

- Magazine repack.

Just wait for the mods for Arma 4 in a few years. And all of this would not fit on consoles. We need very small maps and PVP fun.

5 hours ago, jakeplissken said:

Just wait for the mods for Arma 4 in a few years. And all of this would not fit on consoles. We need very small maps and PVP fun.

Arma  was always about huge scale, realistic (ish) warfare. If you want small maps, feel free to go to any other project , like cod, cs and other crap

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Shurilex said:

Agree with all of the above. Here is my list.

- New original terrain for Arma 4, at least as big as Altis, with large topographical variety. Everon is great with mountains, fields, lakes and forests to hide. Altis was too flat and barren in my opinion.

- Winter variant of the Arma 4 base map (or second separate map).

- Abandoned russian missile launch facility. Something with a post apocalyptic feel.

- 12km distance view or more, not the 5 we have now.

- Civilian life.

- Advanced wildlife (more advanced than Arma 3)

- System for war crimes / prisoners of war. AI can surrender.

- Sling Loading.

- Firing from vehicles.

- Rappelling from helis and buildings.

- Diving. Aquatic wildlife.

- Advanced flight model for planes and helis.

- Possibility to land without gear deployed. Crash / emergency landing without the plane exploding.

- Able to break cars headlights.

- Engine failed ignition. If vehicle damaged sometimes it dies on you or you have to turn the key multiple times before it starts.

- More advanced medic system. Medic classes. Dragging bodies. Limping. Medevac system. (Love the bleeding mechanic reforger already has).

- Attack and transport planes. (yes for radar and dynamic loadouts, or anything Bohemia is willing to implement for added fun and realism). Ejection seats. Parachutes. Supersonic bang.

- Keep the analog feel Reforger has. It's great to have modern tanks with auto laser range and thermal optics, but it's also super cool to sometimes work with a simple mortar without electronics, so you have to make your calculations yourself with a map and compass and hope to strike a target 5 km away. I want that kind of gameplay.

- Nuke.

- Realistic system to unflip or tow vehicle.

- Full building destruction. Heavy vehicles can crush trees and demolish the wall of a house like a bulldozer.

- Glowsticks.

- Virtual Arsenal. Test area like Arma 3 with bullet paths, see through vehicles, damage zones... and also in game to customize character with 360 degrees camera view, full gear and weapon list, etc.
- Scenario Editor.

- SP/Coop campaign. (Tac-ops, Laws of War DLC and Old Man from Arma 3 are great exemples).

- Anti-Material rifles that can hit a target up to 2300 meters away like the Cheytac.

- Proper material penetration. At the moment some surfaces like walls of houses block everything. I think a 50 bmg can shatter a hollow cinder block with ease, or anything that Everon houses are made of.

- Full fleet of military vehicles and weapons for all factions of course. APC, IFV, Tank, Helicopters, Planes, Drones, Boats, you name it.

- Better vehicle destruction simulation. Better fire effect than what we have now. Damage to turrets.

- Animations for reloading static weapons and ammo/shells inside vehicles.

- Visual cue for pierced gas tank. Gas puddle forming or a stream of gas leaking (like in GTA for exemple).

- Free drawing on map. Not just lines.

- Better visuals for tracer rounds at night. Shooting the miniguns of a little bird in Arma 3 was so pretty at night, could even draw cirlces in the sky.

- Placing explosives on vehicles. BF3 C4 style.

- Advanced AI suppression.

- Aircraft carrier.

- Escape the island scenarios.

- Realistic use and behavior of suppressors. Don't want to see lone wannabe specops soldiers everywhere on conflict with their suppressed m16 and m21. Less fun because less noise on the battelfield, and also because finding the location of players shooting at you with suppressors becomes impossible.

- Fog.

Good  ideas, especially aviation part. Since previous entities were bit basic, I am wondering how far devs are willing to go in A4. I guess DCS level would be too advanced, but something like simplified Warthunder  would be nice  

You see thats all Arma 3 has,

Personally I would like them to push the envelope and get the VBS blue whole world simulation in ...  now that would be a mike drop feature 😄 

• Like 1

jf5beY7.png

@jakeplissken  ... please be precise,  the client (player) only needs 200 GB    

21 hours ago, razor6014 said:

You see thats all Arma 3 has,

Personally I would like them to push the envelope and get the VBS blue whole world simulation in ...  now that would be a mike drop feature 😄 

Thing is, you will not have  decent vehicle  physics Reforger has,effects,shading, detalisation ...besides,   VBS is for military use only

The Idea was to get all of what enfusion has and add the whole world simulation.

If SC can get CryEngine to do that I am confident BI would be able to pull it off for 1 planet.

I would pay a subscription for that.

Nobody and I mean nobody has that in the civilian game market. 

Thing is, you will not have  decent vehicle  physics Reforger has,effects,shading, detalisation ...besides,   VBS is for military use only

This is a strange conclusion to draw as you can have both. This to my mind is the ultimate thing the map team can deliver and it would be groundbreaking. 

Will never happen. Bohemia could never create a whole world game. They can not even fix simple crashes and bugs. This is impossible.

• Like 1

@jakeplissken  Im not sure who at home is not listening to you that you need to come here and vent, but I hope it becomes better for you 🙂 

Personally, The bar is set at a pretty moderate level in terms of how much content we receive (factions, vehicles, weapons, etc.). I would like to see a focus on quality over quantity, albeit with a decent number of cool stuff to play with. The one area that I really want to see huge progress in is aircraft. Air power is the absolute factor in winning a modern war, yet it hasn't really been realized in Arma before. The absolute must for Arma 4 is that the view distance is at least 10km if not more; no wall of fog nor egregious LOD. Bohemia Interactive should really focus on optimizing the game to a visual scale comparable to other simulation games. I don't expect there to be maps or view distances on par with DCS, but I think that we really need to see Air power be actually represented in Arma. The map would also need to be a lot bigger than previous titles, even if that just means having a few islands spread far apart in a vast ocean. I hope to see realistic flight models and some depth to the systems on the aircraft, maybe something along the level of detail of DCS: FC3. I don't expect fully clickable 3d cockpits but complex radar and EW systems should definitely be modeled. There doesn't need to be a ton of shitty GTA planes, just give us a detailed and realistic F16 and MiG 29.

• Like 2

Yes for all of that, but  I suppose Its  above BIS capabilities. Even though  I would love somewhat DCS or   warthunder level of gameplay and features. Don't mean to disrespect, but I am not sure if they could work out the code , engine optimisation ,level of detail and mechanics in one product. We don't even know what are their plans for A4.I hope I am wrong.I guess we have to wait and see

My personal priorities would be:

1. Enhanced infantry AI

2. Enhanced (or better yet: functioning 😉) vehicle AI path finding

3. Enhanced animation system

- I don't care for PvP at all. IMHO there are enough good multiplayer shooters around to satisfy most flavours.

- Leave most of the content wish lists to the modding community.

☺️

• Like 1

Virtual reality support is a MUST 

only other thing is maybe improved more realistic sim like vehicle/aircraft handling 

Arma series is involving all the time so no doubt improvements in most areas will continue 

On 8/11/2023 at 4:18 AM, Alex_LT said:

1) Setting  - late cold war  - nowadays, somewhere  like '89 to 2000 , which would lead an enormous  variety  of vehicles and weaponry.

I want the same era but with a desert storm theme. 

On 9/2/2023 at 2:05 PM, Ady-Judge said:

Virtual reality support is a MUST

I was thinking about this yesterday. I don't know if I would want VR for anything but vehicles but I really want it for vehicles. I think most headsets have a sensor that looks to see if you a wearing it. I want to just put it on when I enter the cockpit (like putting on a flight helmet or something) and have it switch to VR mode. 

On 9/1/2023 at 7:18 AM, oldy41 said:

My personal priorities would be:

1. Enhanced infantry AI

2. Enhanced (or better yet: functioning 😉) vehicle AI path finding

3. Enhanced animation system

- I don't care for PvP at all. IMHO there are enough good multiplayer shooters around to satisfy most flavours.

- Leave most of the content wish lists to the modding community.

☺️

Could not agree more!

Having a fully flushed out Ai behavior system that included built in animation system for idle troops while at base/points of interest would all aid with immersion when on Recon Missions.

The fact that the majority of ArmA scenarios are versus Ai would lend itself to spending more time and resources targeted at these systems.  We all know that our strong modding community will create their own take on what Ai should or should not be able to do (see through grass, spot you from over 1000m away or just charge directly at you with no regards for cover or use of the environment).  This being said, it would be refreshing to have Ai systems already in place at launch where scenario creators could feel confident that enemy or friendly Ai would react and operate in a more believable and natural manner.

My thoughts:

I would be very happy with an updated Takistan style Map/Sandbox for mission creation.  Not a reskin but using Takistan as a reference point to bring ArmA into 2023/4.

It looks like (from Reforger) that an in-game Radio feature will be implemented - great!

Logistics also look like a feature thanks to Reforger is testing for ArmA 4  along with reimagined PvP and PvE gamemodes such as Conflict.

Finally a mission editor to rival the fantastic Eden Editor would be the icing on the cake as I myself have personally sunk many hundreds of hours building and designing missions for friends to play.

it will be on Xbox as well as PC, so it will be cut down to fit on the console, it will not be perfect as a result. Maybe 5 years after release you will get an editor, plus you already have the SDK editor, so you use that instead. You do not need EDEN.

What do you mean we dont need EDEN ? That is  main part why arma lives that long .SDK is  not the same  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, jakeplissken said:

We just need small maps that work on Xbox.

Arma is not about small maps