Korsac
by Vectif

Download

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=3043043427

XG9pJVH.png

Korsac is a 64 km² fictional terrain located in the greater Green Sea region.

Inspired by Chernarus, Livonia, and the conflict of the Green Sea region, Korsac is a terrain that aims to provide a modern take on the eastern european setting with the quality of the assets present in Arma 3. 

The terrain features a main town followed by many sporadic villages along its MSR, with industrial sites and farming settlements out and about. It features a combination of condensed urban combat segments paired up with vast rolling plains and wheat fields, offering diverse opportunities across the board.

Korsac is an ideal playground for anything ranging from infantry to full combat arms operations, featuring areas of various density, from urban and claustrophobic towns and villages, to many sporadic settlements and open fields. 

Images

dGpFQ4o.jpg
5fjZVJk.jpg
cdeX1cn.jpg
6EvxZuE.jpg
4iNTIHS.jpg
TvUujax.jpg
ggs6G74.jpg
eIzD97U.jpg
1EQYdug.jpg
FZm6p2o.jpg
ICWJt5b.jpg

Features

- Landmarks such as a main town and multiple villages, industrial sites, farming settlements, radio stations, and a fleshed out airport with attention to runway markings and lights
- Custom lighting config for a more dramatic and unique aesthetic
- Bright nights on clear full moon
- Customized weather config
- Customized environment sounds config
- Customized ambient animals config
- Curated spatial sounds from Enoch
- ACE Weather support (temperature and humidity)
- Small download size
- Standalone terrain with no dependencies

Technical details

- 8 km x 8 km terrain size
- 4096 grid size
- 2 cell size
- 300 mb download size
- 350k objects
- Elevation range of 790 m to 940 m
- Made from a combination of real, fictional, and fuzzed DEMs and satellite imagery data for gameplay and artistic purposes
- Produced between April 2023 and September 2023

Donate

If you like my work and would like to see more, please consider donating any amount! It makes a huge difference.
paypal.me/vectif

Additional credits
Thoreaufare for feedback, general help and suggestions, and for keeping me responsible and inspired
National Agriculture Imagery Program (NAIP) for the source satellite imagery
United States Geological Survey (USGS) for the source digital elevation models

Special thanks

HorribleGoat, jujurat, and Ice

License

APL-SA: https://www.bohemia.net/community/licenses/arma-public-license-share-alike

• Like 19
  • Thanks 3

Sweet. Will the map fully be covered by a road system or are there larger areas planned without any roads?

They say a picture is worth a thousand words... so here's a picture!

20-08-2023

j1Irycq.png

• Like 1

Will there be smaller military bases scattered around/points of interest or will it mainly consist of small rural towns with most of the military areas focused in the south?

On 8/8/2023 at 9:19 AM, TheAbsoluteUnit said:

Will there be smaller military bases scattered around/points of interest or will it mainly consist of small rural towns with most of the military areas focused in the south?

As for landmarks and points of interest, there is currently:

• 1 airport
  • 1 airfield (slightly militarized)
  • 1 grass airstrip
  • 1 military radio station
  • 2 modern towns
  • 2 lumber mills
  • 4 radio stations
  • 6 industrial sites
  • 8 farmsteads (as opposed to smaller farming locations not named on map)
  • 11 villages

However, this is not a finalist selection and I may add more, remove some, or change them altogether. This list only includes named locations on map and not other miscellaneous locations, so in summary, you could say there is about 35 named locations on the terrain currently.

• Like 4

Z0Pxcqo.png

Hey, how's it going?
Korsac has been going through plenty of stages in the past weeks, ranging from the addition of some new villages, to a complete redesign of the main airport... and the addition of another airfield! Further custom lighting and environment tweaks, and last... but definitely not least, custom objects!

I am super happy to mention that Bromine has been included into the team for this project, and they have been working closely with the team for some time now, making many necessary and vibe-defining custom objects for the Korsac terrain, from it's iconic above-ground gas pipe network, to a landmark large radiocommunications tower, and the unique main terminal of the Rostok airport! They have been a pleasure to work with, and have been providing quality work that I am sure you all will be as excited to play on as I am!

Without further ado, here are some miscellaenous screenshots!
fRUv44i.jpg
LT09fcn.jpg
L2f54Ad.jpg
NAZfI8O.jpg
iLHfTlp.jpg
VZLG4Of.jpg
az33gO0.jpg
lplI2IW.jpg
CPLkORJ.jpg
IsJi5SB.jpg

Things are coming along well, and Korsac is just around the corner! Worry not, we are looking forward to release the terrain with some additions and extras! Stay tuned.

hp4zpMX.jpg

• Like 10

Excellent work Vectif! Really dig the airport terminal. 🙂

Finally made a post in the ADDONS & MODS: COMPLETE category... be sure to check it out for a nice surprise!

• Like 1