Sign in to follow this  
desantnik

Russian desantniks (paratroopers)

I found this on flashpoint.ru. Seems they have been making a lot of great stuff so far. Mailman has been up to making good looking Russian paratroopers. So far he has included 4 models but there might be more. He says he will only release the pack when it is done.

_vdvr.JPG

bigger pic

_vdvr1.JPG

bigger pic

_vdvr2.JPG

bigger pic

_vdvr3.JPG

bigger pic

_vdvr4.JPG

bigger pic

They look great! biggrin.gif

finally, a good lookin VDV........

hmm....what's up with their hat ?? it should be green, not yellow..

Moving to Addons & Mods: Discussion smile.gif

Those helmets look like easter eggs or something biggrin.gif I've been checking out mailman's addons earlier, but I've always deleted them because they are rather confusingly named in the editor, hard to find and not grouped. I hope someone could pass him a note about this.

Fix the hats, they look like very dodgy sideburns!

Excelente work mailman!!! how to avaliable for download?

LOL! What's the deal with those hats??Looks like they've been scalped....But otherwise they're looking pretty good biggrin.gif

those hats, better described as helmets are seriously part of the Paratrooper uniform.

Although I think the color is a little too bright

summer helmet

summer-para-helmet.jpg

winter helmet

winter-para-helmet.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Mar. 01 2003,09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those helmets look like easter eggs or something biggrin.gif I've been checking out mailman's addons earlier, but I've always deleted them because they are rather confusingly named in the editor, hard to find and not grouped. I hope someone could pass him a note about this.<span id='postcolor'>

ey, I have a Mailman's Mahra (regular Infantry) addon, all grouped, and with better names smile.gif I can send them to you if you want to...

How effective is the helmet at stopping bullets or shrapnel, just out of curiosity?

It is not meant for that, just to keep the noggin from getting kicked around a lot on the way down. He removes it after he has landed. It doesnt do much in the way of bullets but it helps from branches and getting knocked out by rough terrain.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FoNeKiLL @ Mar. 02 2003,10:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">eh... ill be supprised when\if\probably never someone makes some VDV units like this<span id='postcolor'>

Ooooh. Imagine BAS making these and then puting out a Rangers/VDV campaign! wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Totmacher Posted on Mar. 01 2003,18:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe what do i see. There is my bayonet modell . Soldiers looks goot. <span id='postcolor'>

What do u mean -"my bayonet modell"? are you want to talk that i'm stolled your model? mad.gif

The helmet i'll fix.

This is actually VDV units made by and for RSS. They will be grouped, have realistic weapons and all current bugs will be fixed. Also we're planning to make chutes packs dropable. And about theese screenies... They are don't ment to be public confused.gif But you can still see 'em smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZLOY @ Mar. 02 2003,01:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (cam0flage @ Mar. 01 2003,09:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Those helmets look like easter eggs or something biggrin.gif I've been checking out mailman's addons earlier, but I've always deleted them because they are rather confusingly named in the editor, hard to find and not grouped. I hope someone could pass him a note about this.<span id='postcolor'>

ey, I have a Mailman's Mahra (regular Infantry) addon, all grouped, and with better names smile.gif  I can send them to you if you want to...<span id='postcolor'>

How big is the file? I could maybe upload them to my website so that everyone is able to get them. Anyone interested?

its about 1.2mb zipped, and you also need KEgs RPG7 and RF weapons pack...also, if its aight with Mailman, and you, than I guess I can send it to you.. smile.gif

Hey, I wouldnt mind downloading the Mahra infantry thats fully grouped and equiped. So is there a way I can get them or are you just going to put up on a site? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mailman76 @ Mar. 02 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Totmacher Posted on Mar. 01 2003,18:15

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hehe what do i see. There is my bayonet modell   . Soldiers looks goot. <span id='postcolor'>

What do u mean -"my bayonet modell"? are you want to talk that i'm stolled your model?  mad.gif

The helmet i'll fix.<span id='postcolor'>

I think you get him wrong m8 he is saying finnaly by the term my I think not sure wink.gif

i have to dissapointed you - this bayonet i'm make myself and dont take vicarious models. smile.gif

The all coincidences is cast of the die smile.gif