Sign in to follow this  
URKET

Adf mod update

We haven't updated the website lately but we have three surprises for you.

Our M113 Pack is (finally) finished. The pack includes two versions of the ADF M113, a normal version and a desert version. Each comes available with and without animations (for the slower PC's). Some of the animation are opening hatches on the top and rear of the APC, a movable 'trim vane' which is used for amphibious movement, a moving crane on the 'Repair' version and a fully functioning T50 turret.

We have an ammunition box for you which contains ammo for most of the weapons we have released so far.

And, last but not least. Version 1.20 of our Sniper Rifle Pack. We have fixed the coding and the bolt on the AW-50F is now on the right side.

Get the Sniper Rifles: http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/downloads/ADF_SR.zip

Get the Ammo Box: http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/downloads/ADF_AmmoCrate.zip

Get the M113 Pack: http://adfmod.opflashpoint.org/downloads/ADF_M113.zip

While were at it, heres two shots of our MP5's soon to be released...

MP5A3 pic 1

MP5A3 pic 2

<span style='font-size:21pt;line-height:100%'>No picture over size of 100kb!</span>

ADF kicks ass! Gotta love those Aussies....not that i'm biased or anything wink.gif

I don't know why its MP5SD, the moderators must have messed things up when they edited my post mad.gif . It should say MP5A3...

The thing on the side of the M113 is an animated repair crane. This is only on the 'repair' version of the M113's, the standard M113 LRV has only a T50 turret. wink.gif

crazy.gif

I hate to ask this but what happened to the Lights? agreed that they are not needed in a tatical enviroment but they are used for convoys in and around bases for saftey. Beyond that, Man, They are GREAT!! The Trimvane comes down, the Troop hatch opens and shuts (Kudos to that biggrin.gif). I like the repair wench animations, that makes it a little more realistic than just a vechaile that you pull up to repair at smile.gif. Any ideas on when the overall mod will be done? It will be great to have some Aussie troops helping out with combating the NKA troops biggrin.gif

HOOOAAH!

We hope to finish it arond mid to late this year. Theres still a lot of work that needs to be done (Enemy troops etc...).

The lights will be fixed in the next version, and an ADF Crew will be used. We'll be releasing the next version of our SF and troops soon crazy.gif

I like the looks of the M113's. The Cadet Base I used to train on was ADF Reserve maintancence base so they always used to have trucks and stuff around, including some M113's, and I have to say, the camo job looks very much like the ones I saw. Good work.

Do you plan to make a Collins Class Submarine tounge.gifwink.gif

HELP !!!!!

I can't play it because it says everytime I open it that I am missing something. I think it was a weapon or unit pack?

Plz help I really want to try this out! Where could I get the pack? sad.gifcrazy.gifconfused.gif

Yeah, it does seem like you need their troop pack sad.gif . Please change this, because while you're troops are good, many people will probably want to use the M-113 for other countries(especially since its so widely used) than Australia, and might never use the troops(which are 20mb-which takes up a lot of Addons folder space for something that many people won't use).

Is there a way to try the APC without the troop pack? If not where do I download them from? I would really like to try this without the troops! mad.gif ...there should be a possibility where you don't need the troops! I don't really want to download them! But I want to try this, so where do I download? crazy.gif

You can d/l the troops from their site. You could probably change the crew for the M-113s to the default crew, or if you're really skilled add them to the pbo and cpp.

To get the troop pack, click the Australia Defence Force Admin line at the bottom of Urkets post, that should take you to the ADF website where you can download the troops.

Steady on guys, of course the Australian M113's should have an Aussie crew!

Operation Frenchpoint vehicles have French troops, Operation Northstar vehicles have Canadian troops, G8 Mod vehicles have Italian crews, Bundeswehr Mod vehicles have German troops...do you see the pattern?

Well then, they should make a version thats not Australian and does not have an australian crew. Theres no reason for me to have 20+ megabytes of troops that I'll never use. I could use the 20 mb's for other addons that I will use. Or another thing they could do would be release a seperate pack from the troop pack that just has the crew in it.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (URKET @ Feb. 28 2003,23:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't know why its MP5SD, the moderators must have messed things up when they edited my post mad.gif . It should say MP5A3...<span id='postcolor'>

sorry. force of habit. wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Mar. 01 2003,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well then, they should make a version thats not Australian and does not have an australian crew.  Theres no reason for me to have 20+ megabytes of troops that I'll never use.  I could use the 20 mb's for other addons that I will use.  Or another thing they could do would be release a seperate pack from the troop pack that just has the crew in it.<span id='postcolor'>

True, not a bad idea. But I think their focus at the moment is to get the Australian forces ready.

Maybe a project for a later time.

I would have to agree with one of Major Fubar's earlier posts. What is the point of having an Australian armored unit being run by crew from another country? Its the ADF mod which means we make units that are either Australian, Indonesian or East Timorese.

Releasing an addon with a forign crew running our ADF M113's would be like making men have to wear women's dresses. Its just wrong and is out of character for our Mod.... mad.gif

I'm sorry, if you want to use our M113's without our ADF Crew you'll either have to forget it all together or do it yourself. As I said theres no real point for our mod to release it like that plus we don't have much spare time... crazy.gif

P.S: There will be a Collins Class Submarine, we already have the model underconstuction wink.gif

crazy.gif

I can't believe they had the balls to ask the ADF mod to remove the need for Aussie crew...

They are AUSTRALIAN addons, So we will have AUSTRALIAN CREW.

Deal with it.

The M113s are absolutely ripper - models and textures are fantastic, especially the crane on the support M113. I love the animations as well, very nicely done smile.gif Hope we'll see some Fire Support M113s with 76mm guns, or a command vehicle in the near future. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (edc @ Mar. 01 2003,07:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well then, they should make a version thats not Australian and does not have an australian crew.  Theres no reason for me to have 20+ megabytes of troops that I'll never use.  I could use the 20 mb's for other addons that I will use.  Or another thing they could do would be release a seperate pack from the troop pack that just has the crew in it.<span id='postcolor'>

just put the crew with a scripting command into an empty M113. you simply have to type some words into the init line. that's all!

When i try to use them it says  

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Code Sample </td></tr><tr><td id="CODE">no entry 'model special'<span id='postcolor'>

Would it be allright if I uploaded a version that has the default crew(and the pbo is also 13mbs smaller since I used Make pbo)to my OFP site.