Zeek05

[WIP] Advanced Squad AI - AI Modification

Hello, Bohemians.

My name is Zeek Halkyr, and I have been involved with Arma 3 for around 7 years at this point. I come to you with the hope that you might be interested in following my adventures in modding.  The majority of my time with Arma 3 has been spent in the Eden Editor, and Zeus, fiddling around with units and simulating engagements casually. Because of this, I spend a large portion of my time testing and configuring AI mods such as LAMBS, TCL, VCOM, BCombat, and so on. I have decided to invest time in learning SQF as well as funding the development of an AI mod myself, titled Advanced Squad AI (ASAI). I don't have anything major to say about why this mod will be "the next great thing", but I hope that some people who fiddle around in Zeus like me might get some benefit from it in the future.

What is this mod?

The mod focus will be on automating squad behavior in an engagement. The aim is to create a mod with:

- Reactive squad strategy (a squad will utilize aggressive, defensive or suppressive tactics depending on the enemies strength)
Autonomous squad support (a squad will send/receive supports of many kinds depending on the assets linked to them)
- Squad recovery/triage (a squad will recover/re-arm/refuel/repair after an engagement)
- Zeus Support (a squad will prioritize Zeus/Scenario waypoints, and take over when engaged or not commanded by the Zeus/Scenario Maker)

What isn't this mod?
This mod will not:

- Be an all in one replacement of ALiVE/HETMAN/Other high command mods. The organization/actions will be done strictly from a squad level of command.
- Be a 'super soldier' mod. There may be some modifications to soldier AI, but only with the intent of enforcing squad actions.
- Recreate 'realistic' doctrine. This mod will assume that a squad is a autonomous and co-operative entity, and may take actions usually done on a platoon/company level.

How will I create the mod?

At the moment, I have about 20% of the funding to create a initial demonstration of the mod (with the base features, to expand on as time goes by), I am also learning the SQF necessary to better understand how to approach the development. I am not an experienced SQF developer, however my experience in technical writing and scripting outside of A3 may lend itself to the development of the mod. I simply have a vision I want to achieve, and will try my best to execute it. 
It may be several months before a demonstration can come out, but I will be updating regularly the status of its development. 

How can I support the mods development?
I am not accepting donations at the time to contribute to the mods development. However, I invite you all to join the discord I have created. I am much active there, and willing to answer any questions you have:

https://discord.gg/FdmeBVa6dn

I hope you will find an interest in my journey as time goes on,
Zeek

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rautamiekka said:

Why not help LAMBS ? O.o

Unfortunately I don't have the same vision LAMBS has 

8 hours ago, Zeek05 said:

Unfortunately I don't have the same vision LAMBS has 

Goodluck, then, cuz having personally been reading+helping with LAMBS recently, I can tell an SQF noob won't have it easy nor fast, myself not being a hugely good at it. Unless you modify LAMBS code.