Sign in to follow this  
Bernadotte

Wtc design decided

Hmmm....I'm still wondering about thoughts on how to protect the new buildings from the fate the former WTC. Any new heat-resisting materials etc. ?

Personnally , i hoped that instead of another tower , they will have built a real memorial like these for everyone to remember people victims of the terror everywhere on the world

Holocaust-Memorial.jpg

(this is a memorial project i found from this website by searching google for military vehicle pictures)

But it seems some people prefered towers......

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 27 2003,16:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">gaudi2.jpg

I think that it would go very well with the art nouveau architecture of other NY buildings.<span id='postcolor'>

Woah ... is it just me or does that design look a lot like the Mon Calamari command ship Home One (Star Wars) jammed into the Manhattan surface?

homeonetop.gif

rotj056.jpg

Luckily Al Qaida doesn't have any Mon Cal cruisers at their disposal tounge.gif

Back on-topic:

I honestly would've loved to see a Gaudi style WTC. After visiting the Sagrada Familia (and many other of his works) in Barcelona I became quite intruiged by Gaudi's style. I really like the organic design and little "easter eggs" in his work (33 tounge.gif).

Don't quite know what to think of the current design. It's nice, but .. somehow it seems to lack coherency or something. I can't quite put my finger on it. And it might just be me, but I think I've seen the design/shape of the glass tower before in a design for an Asian skyscraper.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Feb. 28 2003,02:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm....I'm still wondering about thoughts on how to protect the new buildings from the fate the former WTC. Any new heat-resisting materials etc. ?<span id='postcolor'>

Its already been determined that if the WTC was built with todays materials it probably would still be standing. the supports that held the beams to the walls had failed but todays supports are much better also, the fire protection was blasted off the steel beams and that led to them, buckling (notice the pancake effect when they fell) todays fire protection would have been able to withstand more heat.

There was a show that examined how the towers fell from strictly an architectual point of view and it was quite informative.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (denoir @ Feb. 27 2003,10:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Having said that, I'm against a tower of any kind. I hoped that they would go with a park and a statue. Building a tower larger then the WTC is either penis envy or living in denial - I'm not sure which one of them. Besides it will make a very popular terrorist target.<span id='postcolor'>

These are kind of the words I was looking for. Building towers again is like a statement: "We don't care about what anyone else thinks or does, we do our stuff like stubborn bastards, always against the current and in the face of who we don't like."

They should build towers again to show that we are not afraid, not to be arrogant bastards. Terrorism wins when you change the way you live and you think because you are afraid you will be attacked.

This is coming from a guy who worked in the towers for 10 years.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 27 2003,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should build towers again to show that we are not afraid, not to be arrogant bastards. Terrorism wins when you change the way you live and you think because you are afraid you will be attacked.

This is coming from a guy who worked in the towers for 10 years.<span id='postcolor'>

Well... building a park doesn't mean that you are letting the "terrorists" win and it doesn't show that you are afraid.

I believe a park would be a better idea, a nice place with some nature, right in the middle of NY...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 28 2003,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should build towers again to show that we are not afraid, not to be arrogant bastards. Terrorism wins when you change the way you live and you think because you are afraid you will be attacked.

This is coming from a guy who worked in the towers for 10 years.<span id='postcolor'>

Bad move, Israelis have been doing this for ever, it's bad thinking.

Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.

If you are not afraid to die, the something is wrong. 3000 people died there, I would not build towers on top of them.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 28 2003,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe a park would be a better idea, a nice place with some nature, right in the middle of NY...<span id='postcolor'>

It's my understanding that NYC already has one of those.  It's Centrally located, too.   wink.gif

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Feb. 27 2003,18:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 28 2003,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I believe a park would be a better idea, a nice place with some nature, right in the middle of NY...<span id='postcolor'>

It's my understanding that NYC already has one of those.  It's Centrally located, too.   wink.gif

Semper Fi<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, but what's wrong with making another one? A nice piece of nature is the best thing to get burried in...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bad move, Israelis have been doing this for ever, it's bad thinking.

Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.<span id='postcolor'>

When will we Americans understand that the sooner we become fundamentalist Muslims and accept "Allah's" will as interpreted by his Public Affairs Officer Osama bin Laden, the safer we'll all be?

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Feb. 27 2003,18:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bad move, Israelis have been doing this for ever, it's bad thinking.

Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.<span id='postcolor'>

When will we Americans understand that the sooner we become fundamentalist Muslims and accept "Allah's" will as interpreted by his Public Affairs Officer Osama bin Laden, the safer we'll all be?

Uhm, what has religion got to do with building new towers?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 28 2003,17:38)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yes, but what's wrong with making another one?  A nice piece of nature is the best thing to get burried in...<span id='postcolor'>

If we build another park, the muggers and Hansom cab drivers win.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 28 2003,17:44)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Uhm, what has religion got to do with building new towers?<span id='postcolor'>

Probably as much as it had to do with destroying the old ones.

Pay me no mind, just sarcastically expressing my agreement with Winters while simultaneously poking Bn880 with a sharp stick.

Semper Fi

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (E6Hotel @ Feb. 28 2003,11:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Bad move, Israelis have been doing this for ever, it's bad thinking.

Oh yeah, that's all about Americans and how they live their own lives on American soil. crazy.gif

Why did this turn into a debate about politics?

A park, Memorial, Hotel, Office & Commercial Space are ALL going to be built there.

I think its a great idea to make a new tower.

But i will be bashed now because i am American and i said that and there seems to be a lot of that going on here lately. confused.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DarkLight @ Feb. 28 2003,16:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 27 2003,17:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should build towers again to show that we are not afraid, not to be arrogant bastards. Terrorism wins when you change the way you live and you think because you are afraid you will be attacked.

Well... building a park doesn't mean that you are letting the "terrorists" win and it doesn't show that you are afraid.

I believe a park would be a better idea, a nice place with some nature, right in the middle of NY...<span id='postcolor'>

The site is in Lower NYC

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,16:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 28 2003,10:13)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">They should build towers again to show that we are not afraid, not to be arrogant bastards. Terrorism wins when you change the way you live and you think because you are afraid you will be attacked.

Bad move, Israelis have been doing this for ever, it's bad thinking.

Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.

If you are not afraid to die, the something is wrong.  3000 people died there, I would not build towers on top of them.<span id='postcolor'>

They have NO plans to build the buildings on top of the old ones "footprints"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (brgnorway @ Feb. 27 2003,20:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Hmmm....I'm still wondering about thoughts on how to protect the new buildings from the fate the former WTC. Any new heat-resisting materials etc. ?<span id='postcolor'>

50 T-10D's on each floor is my recommendation smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.<span id='postcolor'>

So terrorists should be able to dictate your foreign policy? amazing.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Feb. 28 2003,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.<span id='postcolor'>

So terrorists should be able to dictate your foreign policy? amazing.<span id='postcolor'>

and maybe if they do something in the subway here we should just shut them down or they may do something there again?

you can not live your life in fear.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Winters @ Feb. 28 2003,14:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PitViper @ Feb. 28 2003,20:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.<span id='postcolor'>

So terrorists should be able to dictate your foreign policy? amazing.<span id='postcolor'>

and maybe if they do something in the subway here we should just shut them down or they may do something there again?

you can not live your life in fear.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (bn880 @ Feb. 28 2003,10:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Why don't you show you are afraid, because you are, and change the foreign policies.<span id='postcolor'>

Haha, no, not dictate.

Have you ever heard of solving conflicts through backing off each others case? wow.gif

Anyway, this is your problem, call it a war and fight, try to win something. A subway? This is not a subway, this WTC is gone. A subway is easier to rebuild than start over.

Point is, like this you will just be in another endless cycle of Israeli like problems. Why not understand what REALLY bothers the "terrorists", not what you think, but what they tell you. Is there no solution that doesn't drive these people to suicide and bombings? If there was no solution that would be out of this world.

You will have to exterminate a whole part of the world population to "win" with these "terrorists", you think you can win?

Besides this pride stuff,

what about the 3000 people that died there? Their lives were not worth the space where they died? You can't have a memorial there? Hmm...

That reminds me of the peanuts reward on information leading to Usama's capture. Divide it be the number of deceased and what was it $5000 USD per person? I don't remember exactly.