desigabri

Impossible connecting from LAN and WAN at the same time

I configured  v.0.9.7.53 dedicated server without setting the internet address ( gameHostRegisterBindAddress="", 😞 In this way I can see the server in the steam server list, and I can connect from home from another PC from the Server's LAN, double clicking on the server name in the server list and then also, trying the "direct access" option, digiting the exact LAN IP address of the server. In this configuration the PING is 9999 and more than this, friends can't connect to it due to the PRIVATE IP address.

When I set the   gameHostRegisterBindAddress="my wan address", then I can see the PING value, but the SERVER is not more accessible from home through the server list (getting a connection error) and neither through the "direct access".

At this time is pretty impossible for me sharing the server and at the same time playing on it from my home.

This situation is very unconfortable and I'm sure that something is wrong.

This is the tested config.json file that lets connecting from the LAN but it don't share the WAN IP,  so nobody can connect to it.

It is the standard config.json with very few modifications:

{
    "dedicatedServerId": "xxxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxx",
    "region": "EU",
    "gameHostBindAddress": "",
    "gameHostBindPort": 2001,
    "gameHostRegisterBindAddress": "",
    "gameHostRegisterPort": 2001,
    "adminPassword": "**********",
    "game": {
        "name": "[ITA] Conflitto nell'isola di Arland - FabLab UDINE GameServer",
        "password": "",
        "scenarioId": "{C41618FD18E9D714}Missions/23_Campaign_Arland.conf",
        "playerCountLimit": 32,
        "autoJoinable": false,
        "visible": true,
        "supportedGameClientTypes": [
            "PLATFORM_PC",
            "PLATFORM_XBL"
        ],
        "gameProperties": {
            "serverMaxViewDistance": 2500,
            "serverMinGrassDistance": 50,
            "networkViewDistance": 1000,
            "disableThirdPerson": false,
            "fastValidation": true,
            "battlEye": true,
            "VONDisableUI": true,
            "VONDisableDirectSpeechUI": true,
            "missionHeader": {
                "m_iPlayerCount": 40,
                "m_eEditableGameFlags": 6,
                "m_eDefaultGameFlags": 6,
                "other": "values"
            }
        },
        "mods": []
    },
    "a2sQueryEnabled": true,
    "steamQueryPort": 17777
}

and this is the bat file to start the server, it's very minimal:

ArmaReforgerServer.exe -config ".\configs\Conflitto_Arland.json" -maxFPS 30 -language it_it -disableShadersBuild

I think that there is the need of an option to let accept connections as from LAN and as from WAN at the same time. This should be already possible because "gameHostBindAddress": "",  option means that the server accepts connections from everywhere, but it doesn't work;

I already tried adding "-a2sIpAddress" or "-bindIP" options in the starting bat file, to overide the json configuration file with the same results.

Please does anyone know any tip to solve this problem? May be that it is just a Bohemia job and I need to wait for new versions?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Any news on this issue? It would be nice to be able to host from home, but of course that would require this to possible in the first place. The lack of response by anyone is really disturbing.

Try setting up a DDNS. I use no-ip.com

I use this to see my ground branch server, and arma reforger server.

You CAN host a server at Home and play on it from there (home) + external players .

1) set up your server to listen on Local IP (of the windows/PC/server...),

2) register to steam the External IP (of the router),

3) setup Port-forward on router .

Now:

Players from the outside: connect to your external address (normal).

You , need to do the Same: yet inside the Home Network, you need to point your client to the external address (of your router).

you can verify: the Server sees you as connecting from $"your External Address"  when hitting connect on the Game Client: And it works fine.

I use this setup since DAY1 and I have never had an issue.

On 11/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, Xy. said:

You CAN host a server at Home and play on it from there (home) + external players .

2) register to steam the External IP (of the router),

How do you do this? 

I know this topic is OLD.  I've read this topic and many others, but I can't get the answer.  Like above, I tried everything.  I'm now using Arma Reforger Dedicated Server Tool for Windows by SODA3X.  I only want to access this server from inside my network to practice flying helicopters.  I have a Server 2019 Box where the Reforger Server is installed with three IP addresses, 192.168.0.100-192.168.0.102.  Inside Reforger, I can see my server and it has a 70ish ping.  When I go to connect, I am confronted with the Password request.  I enter the correct password, then it goes to a screen that says "ARMA" and I wait until I get a connection error (like above).  Then I'm stuck.