Yyo

Arma 3 game stuttering

Hello, I hope you're doing well! For a month or so now, I have been dealing with an issue where my game severely lags/stutters every 2 - 3 seconds upon startup/launch. It also stutters/lags (but not as consistently as on startup) anytime I either fire a weapon, explosions, and or just at random times during gameplay. I primarily play in singleplayer, I haven't played on any multiplayer sessions. I have, Reset my pc, reinstalled arma, and have tried countless combinations of settings ranging from the launcher parameters to NVIDIA control panel settings. Currently, I was able to narrow down the potential problem that may be causing this with the help of some good folks on the subreddit. Basically, each time I launch Arma, Steam starts downloading something arma related (most likely workshop content) and Steam does/attempts this for about 2 minutes into my game being launched. Within those 2 or so minutes, my game stutters severely up until steam is done/stops updating/downloading whatever was arma related. Gameplay wise, my game would stutter at times, either the first few seconds of a firefight or just randomly when in the editor, but what mainly bothers me is the startup. I have tried launching the game without internet and the stuttering is gone, and the stuttering that would occur during firefights and such was drastically decreased (although it still happens, it's arma haha). Any help/ideas I can try to fix this matter will be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: GTX 1660 Super

RAM: 16gb 3200Mhz

Installed on an SSD (500 GB WD Blue SSD -- Read: 545MB/s, Write: 525MB/s)

link to my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/zknasr/is_this_normal/

Here is a video showing the issue:

9 hours ago, Gunter Severloh said:

Ask these guys here

https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/187603-will-my-pc-run-arma3-what-cpugpu-to-get-what-settings-what-system-specifications/

They do builds for arma 3 all the time and test performances they might have an idea of whats going on.

@oldbear

Thanks Gunter Severloh!

• Like 1

On 12/13/2022 at 3:59 PM, Yyo said:

Hello, I hope you're doing well! For a month or so now, I have been dealing with an issue where my game severely lags/stutters every 2 - 3 seconds upon startup/launch. It also stutters/lags (but not as consistently as on startup) anytime I either fire a weapon, explosions, and or just at random times during gameplay. I primarily play in singleplayer, I haven't played on any multiplayer sessions. I have, Reset my pc, reinstalled arma, and have tried countless combinations of settings ranging from the launcher parameters to NVIDIA control panel settings. Currently, I was able to narrow down the potential problem that may be causing this with the help of some good folks on the subreddit. Basically, each time I launch Arma, Steam starts downloading something arma related (most likely workshop content) and Steam does/attempts this for about 2 minutes into my game being launched. Within those 2 or so minutes, my game stutters severely up until steam is done/stops updating/downloading whatever was arma related. Gameplay wise, my game would stutter at times, either the first few seconds of a firefight or just randomly when in the editor, but what mainly bothers me is the startup. I have tried launching the game without internet and the stuttering is gone, and the stuttering that would occur during firefights and such was drastically decreased (although it still happens, it's arma haha). Any help/ideas I can try to fix this matter will be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!

Specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600x

GPU: GTX 1660 Super

RAM: 16gb 3200Mhz

Installed on an SSD (500 GB WD Blue SSD -- Read: 545MB/s, Write: 525MB/s)

link to my reddit post: https://www.reddit.com/r/arma/comments/zknasr/is_this_normal/

I've had the exact same thing for years and just gave up on trying to fix it. Let me know if you find a resolution and I'll do the same.

• Like 1