Sign in to follow this  
USMC Sniper

The addon ideas topic

Seems like it's the right time for this, so:

Post about which addons you would like to see, for example technicals (I REALLY want to see these properly done!wink.gif, KA62, etc.

Here are some of my ideas:

-a properly done technical, preferably in two versions:

1) with a DSHK MG bolted in the back

2) with a recoiless rifle in the back

-the African militia, Cuban soldiers, and Russians\Georgians from Ghost Recon and it's expansions

-New grenades: an M67 Fragmentation, M84 Flashbang, M-whatever-the-number-is smoke grenade, plus the ANM14 Incendiery, the Russian F1, and more.

-Columbian Rebels from SOF2. I'd like to import these and the Checz dudes, but I don't know where their model files are located in. (Please tell me where smile.gif )

-Properly done AK47, AK74, and AKS74U, with correct wood color, correct features, etc. If you want to make any of these, I suggest http://www.sovietarmy.com for some high-res pics that are suitable for textures.

-Mafioso's from the 1930's, with Thompson 1928's (with drum mag and the front grip), Colt 1911's, and Ithaca 37's.

Well that's all I can think of right now, hope you people have some great ideas as well!

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 23 2003,19:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"><span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-the African militia, Cuban soldiers, and Russians\Georgians from Ghost Recon and it's expansions<span id='postcolor'>

These are coming. There is a thread around here talking about these "3rd World" addons coming. There are even pics of the African militiamen.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-New grenades: an M67 Fragmentation, M84 Flashbang, M-whatever-the-number-is smoke grenade, plus the ANM14 Incendiery, the Russian F1, and more.<span id='postcolor'>

Is there really a need for this? How, for example, would a flashbang work? You'd need a really fancy script to make it realistic. And how would an incendiary grenade work? Look pretty like a campfire?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-Columbian Rebels from SOF2. I'd like to import these and the Checz dudes, but I don't know where their model files are located in. (Please tell me where smile.gif )<span id='postcolor'>

I think these will be a part of the above mentioned Third World pack that Bibmi and Vade are working on. There will be governmental and rebel troops from South America and Africa, and European terrorists (I assume like the Red Brigades and Baader-Meinhof Gang, etc.).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Properly done AK47, AK74, and AKS74U, with correct wood color, correct features, etc. <span id='postcolor'>

On the way as well. Even super-duper versions to match BAS' Delta weapons.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 23 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Colt 1911's, and Ithaca 37's.<span id='postcolor'>

umm at the risk of sounding sarcastic......have u tried the SEB nam pack 2.0?

pilots and officers have colt 1911. and sf shotgun soldier has the ithca 37

How bout a proper C-130, an updated Huey package, and The Merkava tank, to name a few. Oh! almost forgot, How about a bridgrelaying vehicle with scissors-bridges???

-Crew

I agree a really nice C130 would be nice. The current one is all right, but I think a vehicle that is so fundamentally important to the militaries of the western world needs to have a really high quality addon.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (~Too Tall~ @ Feb. 24 2003,04:40)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (USMC Sniper @ Feb. 23 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Colt 1911's, and Ithaca 37's.<span id='postcolor'>

umm at the risk of sounding sarcastic......have u tried the SEB nam pack 2.0?

pilots and officers have colt 1911. and sf shotgun soldier has the ithca 37<span id='postcolor'>

I never said to make those guns, I said to make Mafia. Before you post something like that actually read my post.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (peanuckle_00 @ Feb. 24 2003,11:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I'd like a proper one of these dunebuggies or desert patrol vehicles.  

lsvbugg.jpg<span id='postcolor'>

BAS is making one remember seeing a pic once of an early alpha version

A Howitzer M109

02_small.jpg

And please one that works correctly!

Meaning it can hit targets which are ~10kilometers away.

Hope people from www.bw-mod.de will release it soon and full functional.

MfG Lee  wink.gif

How about Smoke/"IR Strobes" that can be used to designate targets?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Wardog @ Feb. 24 2003,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How about Smoke/"IR Strobes" that can be used to designate targets?<span id='postcolor'>

That would be cool, maybe with a script it can make a pilot target the area and fire rockets at it. smile.gif

Just a few of the things I'd like to see: wink.gif

-modern Russian infantry troops to match the BIS ones

-a set of Russian weapons like Mailman's Russian Federation Weapons pack except with much higher quality models, textures and config

-a BRDM-2 with mounted MG turret

-a Humvee pack with M60, SAW, M2HB and TOW variants in woodland colours

-an Mi-28

-an LAV-25

-a technical with MG in the back, as USMC Sniper said

smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Munger @ Feb. 24 2003,23:28)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">-a Humvee pack with M60, SAW, M2HB and TOW variants in woodland colours<span id='postcolor'>

And an MK19 Grenade Launcher. smile.gif

A float plane

A way to go load up your aircraft with what ever weapons you want instead of just making 6 different versons of the same vehicle

A lamborgini.......I didn't spell that right did I?

biggrin.gif Heh..it's Lamborghini wink.gif

What I'd like to see made :

-A high quality C-130 addon

-Technical with mounted .50cal and/or recoilless gun

-A correctly made C-17 Globemaster III (unlike the three others I have seen that are not well done at all)

-ACH-47 "Guns-a-go-go" Chinook gunship

-SU-7/-17/-22 family of ground attack russian aircraft

-More realistic buildings (like radar installation,ammo depot,etc...)

-Corporate jet (Gates Learjet,Bombardier Gulfstream IV,etc..)

-Fixed SAM site like SA-2 or SA-3 installation...

Heh..I'm sure I'll come up with loads more

biggrin.gif

This whole forum is dedicated primarily for addon ideas. There is no need for one single thread. It only makes it hard to use the search engine to find useful stuff.

Closing smile.gif