outwardpanicjoe

Game Logic Making map trees indestructible

Trying to make some map trees and another map object not fall over due to artillery strikes in which the cover makes it unplayable so I was trying to find a way to make the map objects not take damage or at least increase their resistance.

Sounds like you're looking for the `Edit Terrain Object` module. It's found under F5 > `Environment`.

EDIT:
There's a checkbox to Enable Damage... Uncheck it.

Image, if needed.

6 hours ago, Maff said:

`Edit Terrain Object` module.

To my knowledge, you can't manipulate trees like this. The same is true for some walls/fences/etc.

Here's a lone tree that has had damage disabled via Edit Terrain Object module:

XQbnzhu.png

What you can do is replace the terrain object trees with editor-placed or script-spawned trees.

The former will require a mod that adds trees to the object list in Eden. Unfortunately, this will likely create a mod dependency for the mission. It will also require each tree to be replaced by hand (not a big deal if there are only a few you want to replace.) There were a couple of mods that added ALL objects to Eden without dependency, but they've been broken for years. There is Eden Extended Objects, but from what I can tell, it doesn't add new objects from Malden or Livonia - it hasn't been updated since Jan 2018. There may be others. CUP Terrain Core adds CUP trees, but not A3 vanilla trees.

Not sure about the latter. You would need a script that replaces the map objects with fully simulated objects that can be manipulated with allowDamage etc.

• Like 1

I recall that you're able to spawn trees and other 'vanilla' terrain objects with script commands. I was too lazy to learn the scripting. Instead I included things like streetlamps and trees in missions by using editor extension mods and then manually removing the dependency from mission.sqf with a text editor. But we have more options today. 

Perhaps placing a composition like this could spawn the tree:

https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=2704659026 

You could also script the creation of the trees by following this guide using createSimpleObject with damage disabled:
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1570052786

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Melody_Mike said:

Unsupported features include PhysX, damage, AI pathfinding (causes walking through walls), and built in lights.

So yeah, any trees spawned as simple objects will be invincible by default. 

Multiple MLRS strikes and a few bonks with a tank:

xikzG9b.png

• Like 1