Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Everon, malden and kolgujev

Didn`t cain kill abel and why is there so much christian stuff in italy ?

Since we`re having a discussion about robots in another thread i conclude from it that we are gods.

God created us in his image and we created robots in our image and God created the world and we create worlds in our PCs so all we need to do is make sure we dont make the funny "tree with fruit" for the robots and neutralise the "snake" in the process wink.gif

Anybody else think OFP:2 would be a good opportunity to have a war between Malden and Kolgujev? After all, Cain did murder Abel.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ Feb. 22 2003,19:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Next time you claim to be a Christian, maybe you shouldn't state that you haven't read the bible. Sorry if reality hurts.<span id='postcolor'>

Just because someone hasn't read the Bible, that doesn't mean they arn't a Christian. You don't have to read the Bible to know how to live a good life.

Anyway, back on topic. I always wondered why BIS decided to name the islands like that. Anyone want to hazard a guess?

Personally I'm not a Christian, but I went to Church ALOT as a kid.

And we got read the bible every morning before school started.

But being a kid, I NEVER had a single clue as to what was going on or what they were talking about.  The text was kinda hard to understand.  So I never knew what they were talking about.

In Church, I would never pay attention, and me and my friends would talk about kids things, like ninja turtles.   Now I kinda wish I did pay more attention to all that.    Unfortunately now I don't know squat about Christianity or the Catholic Church though I would probably like to.

I don't even remember the prayer we recited everynight before bed time.  I kinda wish I did.  I think it was a very famous one.    

Remembering a few lines ...  our kingdome come. .. forgive us for our sins, ... give us the power to forgive those who tresspass agains us ...

Err, all foggy.

Um is there a seperate Bible for each sect of Christianity(ie.. Catholic, Prodestant ...etc)  or do they all read from the same one or what?

lol, I noticed that the first time I saw it, and I'm an atheist!

And yes, all the old churches are indestructible, but the new stone churches can be destroyed rather easily.

I think it would have been more appropriate if Guba tried to nuke Malden instead of Everon, as that would have made the Cain and Abel thing fit better.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 23 2003,02:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anybody else think OFP:2 would be a good opportunity to have a war between Malden and Kolgujev?  After all, Cain did murder Abel.<span id='postcolor'>

well, they(Abel and Cain) fought in Eden. wink.gif

Also, if you folks want a shock look on the inside of the elevator shaft from the roof. Just look at the wall directly opposite the door, you'll see.

-Crew

wow.gif8--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (RalphWiggum @ Feb. 23 2003,06wow.gif8)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">well, they(Abel and Cain) fought in Eden. wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

1. Abel didn't fight. He was killed in cold blood by Cain.

2. The A&E Family  biggrin.gif (or was it the Adam Family? wow.gif )were already evicted from Eden.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (crewcutkid @ Feb. 23 2003,05:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also, if you folks want a shock look on the inside of the elevator shaft from the roof. Just look at the wall directly opposite the door, you'll see.

-Crew<span id='postcolor'>

What? You mean the words "Love Pussy" inscribed into the wall? What's wrong with that? biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Renagade @ Feb. 22 2003,21:58)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">why is there so much christian stuff in italy ?<span id='postcolor'>

errr, try Catholic. Might have something to do with the Pope hanging out there? Geees!

2 years to figure out Cain and Abel. It's a new record! wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Feb. 23 2003,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Um is there a seperate Bible for each sect of Christianity(ie.. Catholic, Prodestant ...etc)  or do they all read from the same one or what?<span id='postcolor'>

they read the same bible. smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Feb. 23 2003,14:05)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IceFire @ Feb. 23 2003,03:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Um is there a seperate Bible for each sect of Christianity(ie.. Catholic, Prodestant ...etc)  or do they all read from the same one or what?<span id='postcolor'>

they read the same bible. smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I could open up a whole new FAQ with these points. tounge.gif

But I won't. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PHY_Hawkeye @ Feb. 23 2003,02:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, back on topic. I always wondered why BIS decided to name the islands like that. Anyone want to hazard a guess?<span id='postcolor'>

Ok, gonna give it a try...

Maybe they used cain & abel as theys wanted to make clear that we try & kill each other (West & East in game) but we are all brothers and shouldnt do it. If mankind wouldnt try & kill each other it could really be paradise...

Ok, was a weak one I guess...someone got something more probable? biggrin.gif

Cheers

[76]Chavez *whoisadisbelieferbutheardofcain&abelbefore...*

Did you notice the Russians came from Cain, a burned out hell-hole of a island? Wonder if BIS is saying something about communism? smile.gif

COLINMAN

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (DayGlow @ Feb. 23 2003,18:56)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wonder if BIS is saying something about communism? smile.gif

COLINMAN<span id='postcolor'>

Well having grown up in an enforced communist country I wouldn't be surprised if they are smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Ex-RoNiN @ Feb. 22 2003,03:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It took you two years to figure that out crazy.gif You never knew who Cain and Abel were crazy.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Figuring that out was dependent on knowing who Cain and Abel were.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Chronicles @ Feb. 22 2003,05:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Shame on you iNeo biggrin.gif<span id='postcolor'>

k.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote ([TU]$33ker @ Feb. 22 2003,17:26)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol there's no need to be a religious person to know the story of kain and abel. it's general knowledge.<span id='postcolor'>

k.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Booky @ Feb. 22 2003,20:42)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Anyway, enough of my rant on how people claim to be Christian when they really aren't. Next time you claim to be a Christian, maybe you shouldn't state that you haven't read the bible. Sorry if reality hurts.<span id='postcolor'>

I said I was a Christian but not religious. I said I have read parts of the Bible. The reality does not hurt.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 22 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If Jesus came back I'm sure he would cast you out of GD for posting off topic on the Sabbath, or something smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Description of General forum:

General Opf discussion (including Resistance).

Description of Offtopic forum:

(about military, politics, science, other military games and similiar topics loosely related to the game)

I really think this is more related to OFP than to military, politics, science or other military games.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mister 5 @ Feb. 23 2003,03:49)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">lol, I noticed that the first time I saw it, and I'm an atheist!<span id='postcolor'>

k.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leone @ Feb. 23 2003,09:31)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">2 years to figure out Cain and Abel. It's a new record!  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Hihi. It's not like I thought of it everyday, actually I never thought of it until I heard it on that tv show (this Friday).

Neo

Strange i dont concider myself christian but i do think i'd make a pretty good one tounge.gif Having went to a christian primary and high school i know allot about the bible (ok i dislike the church and wouldnt go there, but since when does being a good christian mean going to church allot? Isnt it more about your behaviour?)

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 23 2003,20:01)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 22 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If Jesus came back I'm sure he would cast you out of GD for posting off topic on the Sabbath, or something smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

(about military, politics, science, other military games and similiar topics loosely related to the game)

I really think this is more related to OFP than to military, politics, science or other military games.<span id='postcolor'>

It was perfectly on-topic until it became a discussion on Christianity which I'm sure you will agree is most definitely off-topic smile.gif

I belive The true root of Christianity is the asking of the holy spirit (The holy trinity being that God, Jesus and the holy spirit are one, so for short I prefer to say the holy spirit) into your heart to guide you. It is not the act of beliveing in Jesus that saves your soul. Instead, if you trully belive, and ask the spirit in, it wil guide you to make the right choices in life. It will make you into a good person, if you trully are in touch. So in being guided by the spirit, your made into a better person, and being a better person..gets you into heaven.

People who say if you don't belive you'l go to hell are in the "All people are naturally Evil" camp of thought. THey belive that without Jesus's help there is no way that people can be good. Thats extremely cynical and moronic..and i can garuntee you there are buddhists and Muslims in heaven right now, just because they passed the judgement day. Anyone can, if your a good person.

Thats the basic premise. I could go deeper into detail. I'm a theologist by hobby. I'vstudied Christianity, Taoism, Confucianism and Islam.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 23 2003,23:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 23 2003,20wow.gif)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 22 2003,21:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If Jesus came back I'm sure he would cast you out of GD for posting off topic on the Sabbath, or something <!--emo&smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I really think this is more related to OFP than to military, politics, science or other military games.<span id='postcolor'>

It was perfectly on-topic until it became a discussion on Christianity which I'm sure you will agree is most definitely off-topic smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

True, so maybe we should change the title of the topic or we could go back on-topic and keep insulting me for not being religious.

Back off-topic, man created god(s), which meant we made ourselves the created objects and the god(s) the creator(s). Why did we create a god? Because we wanted answers to questions we couldn't answer at the time.. Now we can answer most questions by science. Also, nowadays religions kind of only cause conflicts. Worthless.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blademun @ Feb. 24 2003,01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I belive The true root of Christianity is the asking of the holy spirit (The holy trinity being that God, Jesus and the holy spirit are one, so for short I prefer to say the holy spirit) into your heart to guide you. It is not the act of beliveing in Jesus that saves your soul. Instead, if you trully belive, and ask the spirit in, it wil guide you to make the right choices in life. It will make you into a good person, if you trully are in touch. So in being guided by the spirit, your made into a better person, and being a better person..gets you into heaven.

People who say if you don't belive you'l go to hell are in the "All people are naturally Evil" camp of thought. THey belive that without Jesus's help there is no way that people can be good. Thats extremely cynical and moronic.. and i can garuntee you there are buddhists and Muslims in heaven right now, just because they passed the judgement day. Anyone can, if your a good person.

Thats the basic premise. I could go deeper into detail. I'm a theologist by hobby. I'vstudied Christianity, Taoism, Confucianism and Islam.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you base this on? Its not from the bible nor from the Koran. it seems to be a mix of many things. Just curious... smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (SpeedyDonkey @ Feb. 24 2003,08:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Blademun @ Feb. 24 2003,01:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I belive The true root of Christianity is the asking of the holy spirit (The holy trinity being that God, Jesus and the holy spirit are one, so for short I prefer to say the holy spirit) into your heart to guide you. It is not the act of beliveing in Jesus that saves your soul. Instead, if you trully belive, and ask the spirit in, it wil guide you to make the right choices in life. It will make you into a good person, if you trully are in touch. So in being guided by the spirit, your made into a better person, and being a better person..gets you into heaven.

People who say if you don't belive you'l go to hell are in the "All people are naturally Evil" camp of thought. THey belive that without Jesus's help there is no way that people can be good. Thats extremely cynical and moronic.. and i can garuntee you there are buddhists and Muslims in heaven right now, just because they passed the judgement day. Anyone can, if your a good person.

Thats the basic premise. I could go deeper into detail. I'm a theologist by hobby. I'vstudied Christianity, Taoism, Confucianism and Islam.<span id='postcolor'>

What do you base this on? Its not from the bible nor from the Koran. it seems to be a mix of many things. Just curious... smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

He's got parts of it right. You ask the spirit (God, Jesus, all the same and part of the trinity) into your life and that's what gets you 'saved'. Good works are meaningless, you can't work your way into Heaven, "for all have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God"

That's the base of Christianity, is that man is not perfect and never can be perfect so they cannot reach God on their own. Jesus came down and lived a perfect, sinnless life and his sacrifice on the cross covers all that believe in him, thus saving them.

Good works are a mere reflection of a God filled life, not the means of entering heaven.

COLINMAN

Well, I'm a buddist (ive been to lumbini, whos been to bethlehem???) but to be a good person you dont have to be deeply relegious. Anyhow i also recognised the names and thought it was strange. How long has it been for this to surface, 2 years... Wow people are slow...

Epita