Sign in to follow this  
Akira

Diplomacy

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 22 2003,23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quick question.  I've skimmed through the rules and found mention of a board.  How do we plan on playing a board game over email?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the game was originally played in person on a board. What a lot of people who dont have the game do is print the map out and use chits to represent the various armies and navies.

There might even be an online engine to do this for you, who knows?

That'd work. tounge.gif

Maybe someone could update a small .gif or .jpg representing the map after each turn?

Actually, it's best played via email. Otherwise it makes it hard to conduct private diplomacy smile.gif

This is going to be fun, unless it ends up like the games of yore. Namely, three or four players pick the player they want to eliminate the most, make his life miserable, until they are crushed. Then move on to the next.

biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Feb. 23 2003,01:35)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 22 2003,23:45)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Quick question.  I've skimmed through the rules and found mention of a board.  How do we plan on playing a board game over email?<span id='postcolor'>

Well, the game was originally played in person on a board.  What a lot of people who dont have the game do is print the map out and use chits to represent the various armies and navies.

There might even be an online engine to do this for you, who knows?<span id='postcolor'>

They have online servers known as "judges" that keep track of moves. You basically send in properly coded orders, and send them to the judge. The judge then takes care of everything.

The trick is finding one that is still online, or that won't crash. So in light of that, I suggest that we take Balschiow up on his offer (if he wants) to moderate. We can send properly coded orders to him and he can resolve the moves.

I trust him to be fair even if he is European tounge.gifbiggrin.gif But anyway for those that haven't played, they should know that their orders are REQUIRED to be properly formated. If not then they are invalid and your turn is wasted, and Bal's is required to ignore them.

Also every player should download and keep the map that we decide to play, and keep track of locations. Bal's would send out an email with all the moves for that turn and you would update your map accordingly.

Hmmm....anything else?

Current list:

Me

Warin

Tex

Toverish

FSPilot

HitSquad

Assault

That is seven. Now if anyone else wants to play then we can play an "explanded" map, if not that is everyone for the standard map. I say we wait till Monday (when I have certain internet access) for anyone else to pipe up. Then we can get started biggrin.gif

The seven that are in start looking at the countries available and decide what order of preference you have. Monday we will send our preferences to Bal's (still assuming he is in for moderating) and he will assign objectively countries.

Countries:

Austria

Italy

Turkey

Russia

France

Germany

?? Forgot the last one sad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Otherwise it makes it hard to conduct private diplomacy <span id='postcolor'>

PM's smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Warin @ Feb. 24 2003,01:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is going to be fun, unless it ends up like the games of yore.  Namely, three or four players pick the player they want to eliminate the most, make his life miserable, until they are crushed.  Then move on to the next.<span id='postcolor'>

Uh oh, I think I see this coming. wow.gif

wink.gif

!!! how can one 'forget' England !!! crazy.gif

tounge.gif sounds like an interesting game but unfortunatly my mind would probably explode what with all the RW stuff im caught up with right now.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (IsthatyouJohnWayne @ Feb. 24 2003,17:10)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">!!! how can one 'forget' England !!! crazy.gif

tounge.gif sounds like an interesting game but unfortunatly my mind would probably explode what with all the RW stuff im caught up with right now.<span id='postcolor'>

Opps...hehe...my bad! Sorry England!

Ok...since no one else has chimed in I guess we are set.

Anyone heard from Bal's or PM him about being the little Blue Helmet Judge?

Since there are seven of us we can play the standard map. We need to get each other's email in order to contact each other, and settle on countries.

OK...

Bal's has graciously agreed to be our little Blue Helmet Judge. So you 7 email your preferences of countries to him. He will then randomly assign countries, and then post or PM back our assignment. Then we can get started.

If there are any questions, now is the time to ask them. Hopefully everyone has their map of preference downloaded and ready.

whoops

i already sent an email just by clicking on your "email" link under your posts. is that OK?

Ok here is a temporary list of countries taken by game participants. I will update the list as soon as the mails come in:

Countries already taken:

Russia -> FS Pilot

France -> Warin

Italy -> Akira

Germany -> Hit_Sqd_Maximus

Countries available:

Turkey

England

Austria

Pls send me a mail with your preferred country. Also don´t forget to mention your forum name within the e-mail. I got one mail with no name. This doesn´t really help biggrin.gif

Italy!?

Damn it! biggrin.gif

I apologize for my absence yesterday. An ice storm blew into Austin and shut the entire place down (no work! woo hoo!wink.gif. If we see a flick of snow here the city goes on lockdown.

I assume everyone has a board or map to use. I figure the orders for the first turn should be in by Friday. Sound good?

If it turns out that your in need of a player then i would quite fancy joining in smile.gif

I havent made any posts in a while but i am on the board every night and im on the internet a good couple of hours every day.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KingBeast @ Feb. 26 2003,23:36)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If it turns out that your in need of a player then i would quite fancy joining in smile.gif

I havent made any posts in a while but i am on the board every night and im on the internet a good couple of hours every day.<span id='postcolor'>

Well, how about that, I was just about to post saying that I will be busy for at least the next couple of days so I don't think I'll be able to join in smile.gif. Sorry guys, if I kept you waiting sad.gif

Thanks for possibly freeing up a space for me Tov smile.gif Ive emailed Bals, just hoping to find the rules and have a bit of a read now.

Alright. If you haven't already, we need to exchange emails for "diplomacy" and backstabbing.

Also we can exchange messenger ID's if you want as well.

Here is my important info:

amatukaze@yahoo.com (same for Yahoo Messenger)

MSN Messenger: led0127@hotmail.com

EDIT: I think the turns should be 2 days apart. Hopefully that will give everyone a chance to email Bal's do diplomacy and look at their map before the orders are due. Maybe we should work on GMT since we are all across the world? Any suggestions?