ToH ReCharacters

Faces of Bohemian Interactive for Arma 3 ported to Arma Reforger.

50 new faces have been added that are distributed among the existing factions appearing completely randomly.

Faces by faction:
+35 US 
+26 USSR
+31 FIA

Compatible with all mods, if you have a new faction and you don't know how to add them, contact me.

Characters from the texture conversion of the original ArmA 3 faces, originally created by Bohemia Interactive.

Available in Workshop

https://reforger.armaplatform.com/workshop/596330D9AF34AF38-ToHReCharacters

Greetings to all, I am once again starting a project to adapt the old faces of our old friends to this evolution of Enfusion.

Initially I will start with textures only and later I hope to add new heads. So forgive me if at first I will only be able to use the 12 head shapes that exist in Reforger.

The initial work was to create a template for myself to be able to do the first step of basically converting the face distribution from A3 to AR. This took me about 10 days with a lot of testing, but once it was done it was a lot faster to process all the faces.

mmO7Bkz.png

Now it's been a while since I can't advance this due to lack of time, but the next step will be to create some templates based on the AR faces to give the most definition to the processed A3 faces.

Here are some very preliminary examples of the processed and enhanced quality heads (Miller, Dwarden, Solomon Maru, Krupin, Yakhin😞

K1gzVn8.jpgqFDOE1z.jpgBKPXZSB.jpgj8i4ZkQ.jpg7xKprjf.jpg

APL-SA.png

Arma Public License Share Alike (APL-SA)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I've made progress, I've already managed to include them in the random faction faces, but there's a problem to be solved when playing them in first person.

KS5PVsh.pngbKGi1jU.png

My PC is very old, I can't take 100% quality photos. Sorry about that!

Ab0RIRz.pngGSwoQ0n.png

• Like 5

Familiar faces to all

Beta Version 0.1.0

NgPW97z.jpg

Ok, beta version of the mod published in Workshop. Try it and comment your opinion.

https://reforger.armaplatform.com/workshop/596330D9AF34AF38-ToHReCharacters

Known problems:

• Faces are too rough.
  • The neck does not fit the body.
  • Faces have no wound marks.
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Taking up old projects

Beta Version 0.1.2

I've taken up again the texturing of the characters from ArmA 3 to ArmA Reforger.
Several things have changed, so I've had to half restart the texture transformation process.
As you can see it's a bit different from how it was at the beginning, but the methodology of representing the faces in AR has changed, simplifying it and losing quality in the process.

D4XFLAU.jpegYCW7g5l.jpeg

W.I.P. Wounded

Spoiler

nZfmQ5b.jpeg

W.I.P. Boris Krupin in the nude

Spoiler

bhon1E1.jpeg

Updates:

• improved face textures
  • added body colour textures
  • added first wounded textures on 2 heads (test)
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

A new start

Beta Version 0.1.5

I bring a new update, this time I have already perfected the system of creation of the faces and I have renewed all of them.
Also adding the effects of bleeding on body and face when receiving hits or shots.

BPc4We3.pngAnxb6VS.png

a9BVBqN.pngQug3GZr.png

I'm happy with the result and above all with the mechanization of the process. I hope to gradually have all the faces of ArmA 3 converted to ArmA Reforger.

Enjoy it...

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

More whites

Beta Version 0.1.6

New version published in Workshop, adds 12 new faces of ArmA 3 Caucasian characters for ArmA Reforger.

RdpSXZI.pngRJpkpcB.png

goYUI9K.png

-added 12 new faces.
-updated the factions of the new faces.
-Fixed gray color in feet and arms.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

It's time for action...

Pre Version 0.2.0

JRBXxrm.jpeg

Additions, improvements and a long list of changes for version 0.2.0 currently uploaded to Workshop.

The number of heads has been increased to 40... the diversity of faces is noticeable when playing a game. And that's only with the Vanilla models of ArmA 3 (and some test extras).
For now I guess I'll rest on the updates before facing the APEX DLC characters.

Now I'll let you enjoy the spectacular quality of the new faces for ArmA Reforger.

if01BVo.jpegk6JPIis.jpeg

Enjoy!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

While I rest from so much head, I take the opportunity to fix small bugs (damn PNGs) and add quality details.

For example now I'm working on the eyes, they always seemed too bulging, like a toad.

With the help of two 256x256px textures (only 85Kb) I have given a great detail to the iris of the eye giving it depth and volume.

EEWNeYi.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

you will add even the camofaces? (the cherry on top would be a night tiger pattern)

• Like 1

Version 0.2.1 released, with improvements in the quality of the eyes of all characters.
Also added the faces of Ben Kerry & Kostas Stavrou.

YLLcO5Y.jpeg5saR3ou.jpeg

Tattoos on the arms for Kostas Stavrou & Nikos Panagopoulos.

wKh4RlN.jpgP2kaANK.jpgphViNcP.jpeg

Quality detail in tattoo bonding

Before <-> After

B944wIf.jpeg

On 5/14/2024 at 12:35 PM, zukov said:

you will add even the camofaces? (the cherry on top would be a night tiger pattern)

There is no easy way to add the paints on the faces, it is a lot of cost in Mb of textures... Already with the theme of the blood it is necessary to double the amount of textures.
Besides, even in Reforger there is no option to paint the face.

• Thanks 1

Version 0.2.2 released:

• Added 4 new Asian heads in US.
  • Improved tattoo of Kostas Stavrou.
  • Fixed small color problems.

jgaSZcR.jpega96BMhs.jpeg6d2aMZv.jpegDAQmYWA.jpeg

• Thanks 1

Version 0.2.3 released:

• Added 4 new Greek heads in FIA.

EnoH58J.jpegl5qI1zm.jpegWBheYIP.jpegj8Yhv5G.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/14/2024 at 12:35 PM, zukov said:

I told you no, but I just had time and started playing with MatPBRMulti and it might be possible to do something to add faces with camouflage... 

KAFvbxV.jpeg

Reduced almost 45% of the amount of textures for bodies and faces... I haven't tested the impact on FPS yet.

But a face selector is still needed. ÑEEE!

• Like 2

What is proposed is really very beautiful but impossible to test it in game. How should we go about changing our face? Can we choose it or is it as usual, a random choice made by reforger? 

3 hours ago, Phoenix Hurlant said:

What is proposed is really very beautiful but impossible to test it in game. How should we go about changing our face? Can we choose it or is it as usual, a random choice made by reforger? 

It is clear, my dear friend, that like you I am a slave to the advances of BI. I can make textures of faces and add it to the existing system of randomness.
I am just a graphic artist who does not have the capacity to program a HUD where I can choose a personalized face.

Is there an option to do it?

Yes there is... the command is called SETIDENTITY, but beyond my pixels I can't help you.

• Like 1

This seems to work very well, the truth is that it gives me the possibility to put a top layer for wounds and two more for camouflage, being able to change the camouflage patterns without much difficulty.

You all ask me what's the use of this if you can't choose the face? Maybe not at the moment but hopefully in the future we will have that possibility.
But apart from this, there is also another advantage, the textures of wounds, camouflage and etc ... are shared, this allows to eliminate 50% of the textures and that also means eliminating 50% of the Mb used by the mod.
Currently we were already with 50 faces in the 1.200Mb, wouldn't it be a good news to lower it to 600Mb?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Tactical paint (still in testing)

7Omo2wt.jpeg

PCNVQZw.pngyvywdfa.pngw9Ik6SH.png

• Thanks 3