Sign in to follow this  
Harnu

Magnets

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ Feb. 24 2003,13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's just a pity this sort of design can't get you university grants. (Or even better, a grant at DARPA)<span id='postcolor'>

lol maybe that's because universities and DARPA realize that energy isn't just "created" like some of the people on this thread seem to believe wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (FSPilot @ Feb. 24 2003,20:15)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">We'll nail her for inflicting us with things like diseased monkeys and floods.<span id='postcolor'>

preemptive war against mother nature?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Feb. 24 2003,21: 03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ Feb. 24 2003,13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's just a pity this sort of design can't get you university grants. (Or even better, a grant at DARPA)<span id='postcolor'>

lol maybe that's because universities and DARPA realize that energy isn't just "created" like some of the people on this thread seem to believe wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

I want to belive (but I can't -due to thermodynamics)...

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ Feb. 24 2003,21:03)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Frizbee @ Feb. 24 2003,13:17)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">It's just a pity this sort of design can't get you university grants. (Or even better, a grant at DARPA)<span id='postcolor'>

lol maybe that's because universities and DARPA realize that energy isn't just "created" like some of the people on this thread seem to believe wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Energy can not be created or destroyed, it is simply changed from one form to another.

I know, I know. By "Create" I believe at least SOME on the forum probably mean change one form of energy into a useable electric current.

Thus, turning Magnetic energy, into electrical energy. (Ignoring the by product heat energy, sound energy, etc)

It's creating electrical current that gives birth to the term "creating energy" used by those people on the forum.

Ahh the murky world of physics, i had an absolute nutter of a teacher, he was more interested in smoking his pipe and chatting about Russian oil pipelines than doing anything Physics related.

Anyone heard of the theory concerning zero point energy? This is what happens when you watch the discovery channel boys and girls, lot's of inane garbage, that's all it is.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...zero point energy...<span id='postcolor'>

No I haven't heard of it. What is it?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Harnu @ Feb. 27 2003,00:22)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">...zero point energy...<span id='postcolor'>

No I haven't heard of it.  What is it?<span id='postcolor'>

It's a theory that vacuum is not empty and energyless.

It's supposed to be full of energy but it's at balance.

One cubic centimeter vacuum contains as much energy as 100000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

000000000000000 grams of matter.

This number is bigger than the total amount of atoms in the visible universe.

Energy? The simplest fuel in the world is alcohol. Strange that we use a silly thing like Petroleum instead.

Regarding Perpetual Energy machines, take a look at what I just ran across:

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/379/9675_energy.html

"The Russian Academy of Sciences treats the news rather skeptically. Laboratories of the Volgograd University discovered a fundamentally new source of energy. A special meeting with journalists dedicated to the discovery was later held in Moscow where scientific results of the experiment were presented. One of the demonstrated samples is a chemical compound that, as the scientific laws stipulate, cannot exist in the nature."

"The YUSMAR system was tested several times in reliable research centers in Russia and the USA. As a result, it was found out that the system produced about 2 kilowatt of heat at 1 kilowatt of consumed energy. The technology caused much dispute. Can it be a perpetual motion machine? Many scientists are sure that this machine cannot operate. But it does."

"A Canadian company has already concluded a contract with Volgograd-s Scientific industrial center GRUS for production of new type of power sources. The Canadian company thinks that this new technology can "change the whole energy supply system".

The compact generators can continuously generate electricity, at that they need no technical infeed. Their duration is unlimited. Thus, people having the appliance thus get an electric power station of their own that can be placed at home or in the office. The power capacity of the new generator is 3 to 10 kilowatt which is quite enough for energy supply to an apartment or an office."

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (toadeater @ Feb. 27 2003,03:34)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Energy? The simplest fuel in the world is alcohol. Strange that we use a silly thing like Petroleum instead.<span id='postcolor'>

Because then what would we drink?  smile.gif

lol Kegety's, love that picture.

Some guys said that we all get our energy from something else. It's never created. He used an example of it. Everything got its energy from something else, but then at the end was the sun, which gets it's energy and light from fusion. So does fusion create energy?

Didnt the germans cover their tanks with some sort of antimagnetic material to counter russian AT mines?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tovarish @ April 15 2003,15:29)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Regarding Perpetual Energy machines, take a look at what I just ran across:

http://english.pravda.ru/science/19/94/379/9675_energy.html

"The Russian Academy of Sciences treats the news rather skeptically. Laboratories of the Volgograd University discovered a fundamentally new source of energy. A special meeting with journalists dedicated to the discovery was later held in Moscow where scientific results of the experiment were presented. One of the demonstrated samples is a chemical compound that, as the scientific laws stipulate, cannot exist in the nature."

"The YUSMAR system was tested several times in reliable research centers in Russia and the USA. As a result, it was found out that the system produced about 2 kilowatt of heat at 1 kilowatt of consumed energy. The technology caused much dispute. Can it be a perpetual motion machine? Many scientists are sure that this machine cannot operate. But it does."

"A Canadian company has already concluded a contract with Volgograd-s Scientific industrial center GRUS for production of new type of power sources. The Canadian company thinks that this new technology can "change the whole energy supply system".  

The compact generators can continuously generate  electricity, at that they need no technical infeed. Their duration is unlimited. Thus, people having the appliance thus get an electric power station of their own that can be placed at home or in the office. The power capacity of the new generator is 3 to  10 kilowatt which is quite enough for energy supply to an apartment or an office."<span id='postcolor'>

Wasnt this the incident were the instruments used were faulty or something, half of the ppl could recreate the results and the other half couldnt. the half that couldnt had newer, more accute tools? Maybe im wrong

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Leveler @ April 19 2003,21:43)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Didnt the germans cover their tanks with some sort of antimagnetic material to counter russian AT mines?<span id='postcolor'>

Apparently, but those mines never existed, so it was a wasted effort which we'll never know the effectiveness of.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wasnt this the incident were the instruments used were faulty or something, half of the ppl could recreate the results and the other half couldnt. the half that couldnt had newer, more accute tools? Maybe im wrong

<span id='postcolor'>

Dunno, the article I posted is the first i've heard of this, and it seems pretty recent. and it says:

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">The YUSMAR system was tested several times in reliable research centers in Russia and the USA. As a result, it was found out that the system produced about 2 kilowatt of heat at 1 kilowatt of consumed energy<span id='postcolor'>

I'm very skeptical about this though, sounds too good to be true.