Sign in to follow this  
dkraver

Bis bmp's vs new bmp's

i dont think BIS will do that as they got other things to do

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Rifleman @ Feb. 23 2003,20:41)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">also isnt the M113 model not to accurate<span id='postcolor'>

Well... yes, it's waaaaay too big.

When looking at the M113 AIFV (YPR-765 PRI/I), i noticed that the original M113 is over 20% ( ! ) too big.

DAMN! I never knew the real thing was the size of a large pickup - or a new SUV biggrin.gif

We need new ones fast! Sigma, please do these after the T-54/55 pack (which I'm looking forward to)

I'm beginning to think that the only thing BIS did right for OFP was the engine.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 10 2003,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DAMN! I never knew the real thing was the size of a large pickup - or a new SUV biggrin.gif

We need new ones fast! Sigma, please do these after the T-54/55 pack (which I'm looking forward to)

I'm beginning to think that the only thing BIS did right for OFP was the engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Which part of the engine exactly? :]

Anyway... Does anyone from the BIS teame visit this place?... It would be great for us right now just to hear "yes, it is not a problem, we will push it in next patch" or "no, we do not have time, we are preparing VBS1/OFP2, do it yourself"...

@Johann,

I think BIS kinda did say that, by releasing o2

I really don't think they're going to do a mass retrofit because a few folks finally noticed that everything was ripped from the "Land of the Giants" set.

We, (the community) will build it, eventually.

Note cast my vote differently, before we get a new improved

BMP, I'd like to see that missing TURRETED BRDM smile.gif

Also hope someone will rebuild the mi24 and v80 with up/down gear smile.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Johann "onn" Bitsoenn @ Mar. 09 2003,17:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (PFC_Mike @ Mar. 10 2003,00:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">DAMN! I never knew the real thing was the size of a large pickup - or a new SUV biggrin.gif

I'm beginning to think that the only thing BIS did right for OFP was the engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Which part of the engine exactly? :]

Anyway... Does anyone from the BIS teame visit this place?... It would be great for us right now just to hear "yes, it is not a problem, we will push it in next patch" or "no, we do not have time, we are preparing VBS1/OFP2, do it yourself"...<span id='postcolor'>

Of course they do, Araron (2D/3D Artist for BIS) admitted to the wrong measurements in this same thread!

I agree on the fact that it would probably be quite easy to update the size of the BMP.... but then it would be much harder to hit with LAW sad.gif

That would however, even out the chances against a LAW and BMP..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CuteQA @ Mar. 10 2003,07:55)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Also hope someone will rebuild the mi24 and v80 with up/down gear smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Plus:

-The Hind should have a 12.7mm (.50 cal) chaingun that can´t hurt tanks. This would balance the game since the Hind can carry troops and has twice as much rockets as the American choppers.

-57mm rockets shouln´t explode like some g**damn nukes! tounge.gif

-The AT6 should be more accurate and it should have its Russian name instead of its NATO designation AT6. Applies to all Russian equipment, like the Mi-17 should have its Russian designation Mi-8MT or something similiar.

-The V-80 should shake less.

-The Mi-17´s nosegun should work, and maybe the third rocket pods should be removed for balance.

Correct me if I´m wrong about anything!

That´s all I can think of  smile.gif

Well actually Hind does have 30mm cannon, not sure about explosive rounds though: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mi-24.htm

Mi-17 "nosegun" is probably just some electric device, similar to those in Su-25 and Hind model

I don't really care if the names aren't right, I prefer shorter names like HEAT and Sabot instead of real ammo names. I'm no military expert so sometimes real names just confuse everything in heat of battle.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Mar. 10 2003,20:14)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Well actually Hind does have 30mm cannon, not sure about explosive rounds though: http://www.fas.org/man/dod-101/sys/ac/row/mi-24.htm

Mi-17 "nosegun" is probably just some electric device, similar to those in Su-25 and Hind model

I don't really care if the names aren't right, I prefer shorter names like HEAT and Sabot instead of real ammo names. I'm no military expert so sometimes real names just confuse everything in heat of battle.<span id='postcolor'>

it depends on the version of Hind, if you noticed on the FAS.org site, there is several versions

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Most Probable Armament

HIND D: Turret-mounted 4-barrel 12.7-mm Gatling type machinegun, 57-mm rockets, AT-2C/ SWATTER ATGMs.

HIND E: Turret-mounted 4-barrel 12.7-mm Gatling type machinegun or twin barrel 23-mm turret gun, 57-mm rockets, AT-6C/ SPIRAL ATGMs.

HIND F: Fixed 30-mm twin gun on the right fuselage side, 57-mm rockets, AT-6C/ SPIRAL ATGMs<span id='postcolor'>

Depending of version the Hind can have either the 30mm twin cannon or the 12.7mm Gatling. Not both.

30mm Twin Cannon mounted on the side

mi-24.jpg

12.7mm Gatling

mi-24-3.jpg

Ohh and this thread is about the bmp not hinds  wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (dkraver @ Mar. 11 2003,11:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Depending of version the Hind can have either the 30mm twin cannon or the 12.7mm Gatling. Not both.

30mm Twin Cannon mounted on the side

mi-24.jpg

12.7mm Gatling

mi-24-3.jpg

Ohh and this thread is about the bmp not hinds  wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Erm, wouldnt the 23mm cannon be more of an explanation for the explosive rounds? As it is a direct replacement for the 12.7mm gatling gun and not a hard mounted weapon (a la the FFAR's)

Hmm i would say theres a big chance that both of them since it has that big caliber. Also i could image that the twin 30mm could be loaded with different ammo types and fired seperately and together. But i dont know this for a fact.

Better picture of the 30mm just below the cockpits.

Mi-24.jpg

and one of the 23mm gunpod. Its the one in the middle

4_mi-24_attack_helicopter_weapons.jpg

I didnt mean the gunpod, which is stored on the wings, i meant the GSh-23 nose gun...Bis may have got the two mixed up and created a bit of both...

Oops, I meant that the Hind doesn´t have a nose-mounted, rotating 30mm. smile.gif

But isn´t the Hind-E still the most common version?

Going OT here, let´s wrap all this Hind business up now.

Mi24V/D/P is the most common one...

umm...WTH is a Hind-E???

Ive never heard of it.....

btw, Mi24VP has a GSh-23L (23mm cannon) instead of a YaKB-12,7

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (ZLOY @ Mar. 12 2003,00:02)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">umm...WTH is a Hind-E???

Ive never heard of it.....<span id='postcolor'>

From Fas.org:

"Mi-24V/HIND E: Direct air support. Most proliferated version."

So Mi-24V = Hind E smile.gif