Sign in to follow this  
iNeo

Lousy 'review' of ofp

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">/.../

I give all the games that I play a fighting chance so here are some pros for you...

uh ooh hum..

let me think...

Oh here is one thing you follow a yellow box and your targets are in yellow boxes with out that your completely lost.

Your weapons are realistic {to much}

your commander yells out orders at you constantly and you have no idea what the hell he is talking about

/.../<span id='postcolor'>

www.windowsquest.com/pete/Reviews/operation.htm

This is the most unserious review of OFP I've ever seen.. Read it and laugh at him, I honestly don't think that review deserves anything else.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a game for people that have some military no how , and look for some game that your only way to survive is to lay on your belly as much as possible and run. For the rest of us this game will torture you and leave you with a felling of man I spent to much for this f-----.

Thank God I borrowed it from a friend.    smile.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Notice the hit counter - 62.

"I was in the national guard for 6 years as a combat military police. I know the movements and attack, this game had me lost with out that stupid yellow box."

He must`ve been dishwashing all the years... sad.gif

"2. more personal killing...{ Let me explain I like to enjoy my kills watch them fall take there head off blow them up not a little puff of red smoke and there dead}.."

Oh dear... crazy.gif

"6. talk to novalogic {creators of delta force } and learn how to be realistic and still entertain people"

Sure, BIS talking to Novalogic to get help concerning realism... hehehe tounge.gif AI?!? wass that?confused.gifwink.gif

Well, some people just can't recognize a good game if it bit them in their a**es. Nah, seriously there is no game that everyone likes. Playing OFP just requires certain kind of character to enjoy.

btw. this is related to OFP and shouldn't be in off-topic... tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spitfire @ Feb. 17 2003,14:21)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">btw. this is related to OFP and shouldn't be in off-topic...  tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Yeah, but I didn't reckon it was worthy a place in General, and even doubted posting it in Offtopic because the review is so lame, lol.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 17 2003,15:23)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Yeah, but I didn't reckon it was worthy a place in General, and even doubted posting it in Offtopic because the review is so lame, lol.<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, maybe you're right. If this was a true review instead of whining of a 13-year-old kid maybe it should be in General wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">This is a game for people that have some military no how , and look for some game that your only way to survive is to lay on your belly as much as possible and run.

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">One word about flashpoint "Sucky" this game highly disappoints me in a lot of different ways its graphics first and foremost one word green it took me three missions to get the contrast right.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"> There is one big "hello" when you can put the chopper on its rotors and jump out and watch it that is some thing you don't see every day a chopper upside down.<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I have been killed by a hand grenade in this game more times than I can count where the killer is more than 100m away I have thrown a hand grenade I am 260 pounds and I hurled that da$^erd as hard as I could and got 120m  with a friendly roll and I play in the out field some times in softball... hell<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">here is my views on what would have made the game better as is ...

1. Better training mission

2. more personal killing...{ Let me explain I like to enjoy my kills watch them fall take there head off blow them up not a little puff of red smoke and there dead}..

3. not so easy to die

4. scope on more weapons {if your target is a realistic 300m you need a scope, I have shot targets at 300m  with a m16 A2 I know}

5. movement smoother { this game is a lot of unsteady movements}

6. talk to novalogic {creators of delta force } and learn how to be realistic and still entertain people<span id='postcolor'>

This guy has the spelling and grammar "no how" of an mental midget.

One word about this review is "Sucky" biggrin.gif

-=Die Alive=-

Assuming, of course, this isn't some failed attempt at satire, I have a few suggestions for our would-be games critic here:

1. Correct grammar and spelling does, in fact, help give the impression you are intelligent.

2. Calling the game 'too hard to learn', 'too realistic' and admitting you don't know what's going on makes you appear somewhat handicapped.

3. Some basic HTML skills (or at least choosing colours that don't make your eyes explode) gives the review a more professional look, and avoids that "13 year old h4x0r" image.

4. Get your facts straight - assuming an AK47 cannot hit you at 200 metres in Counter-Strike doesn't mean that it can't hit you in real life.

5. Admitting that your criteria for 'a good game' involves 'watching their heads fall off and explode' is not professional.

Every single sentence in this excremental "review" is flawed.

Anyhoo, it's nothing to get wound up about smile.gif I've got a feeling that of the 73 people to visit the page, 70 of those are him and his mum. I feel pity...lots and lots of pity...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Feb. 17 2003,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've got a feeling that of the 73 people to visit the page, 70 of those are him and his mum. I feel pity...lots and lots of pity...<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, actually I was the 62nd visitor, see that guy can be happy he has gotten 12 visitors (from this forum) in just an hour or so, lol. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 17 2003,23:18)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Mr. Snrub @ Feb. 17 2003,15:11)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I've got a feeling that of the 73 people to visit the page, 70 of those are him and his mum. I feel pity...lots and lots of pity...<span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, actually I was the 62nd visitor, see that guy can be happy he has gotten 12 visitors (from this forum) in just an hour or so, lol. tounge.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Someone should send this doofus an email (if he's figured out how it works) with a link to this thread - just in case he thinks those extra 12 or so web hits are from people who agree with him smile.gif

Hehe, I was going to actually, but I couldn't find his contact details anywhere (big surprise), and after reading his "Welcome" page, he just seems like a poor, illiterate kid with a false sense of wisdom. I'd imagine if he saw this thread he'd feel pretty bad about himself, so I guess we should just mock his crappy grammar in our own way. I think he knows he's not what he makes himself out to be. It's not like he's offending a lot of people anyway (86 at last count) tounge.gif

Edit: Now that I remember, he said he was in the National Guard for 6 years as "a combat military police", so I guess he's not a poor illiterate kid, but some illiterate adult who should know better. Assuming of course he's not a 13 year old lying out of his arse smile.gif

That text doesnt even come close to a serious review, for so many reasons it just hurts to think about.

Disregard it.

Press on.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't write for a living and it shows so over look the spelling and bad grammar.

Thanks

PÄté <span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, true true.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 17 2003,10:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't write for a living and it shows so over look the spelling and bad grammar.

Thanks

PÄté <span id='postcolor'>

Hehe, true true.<span id='postcolor'>

The question arises: Why is he writing reviews then?

Anyway, this guy is way to crude and rude to be taken seriously by anyone. Reading his review, you won't actually find out what a game is like, just that it sucks. biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Edit: Now that I remember, he said he was in the National Guard for 6 years as "a combat military police", so I guess he's not a poor illiterate kid, but some illiterate adult who should know better.<span id='postcolor'>

Besides the fact that the only thing the National Guard does these days is stack sandbags or stand around in an airport looking semi-important.

Oh man i can't get enough of this guy.

Here's some parts of his review on Delta Force 1

http://www.windowsquest.com/pete/Reviews/deltaforce.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">pro's

1.  sniper rifle kill range up to 300 km

2. hiding in the ruts and killing people and they can get to you <span id='postcolor'>

300km?confused.gif? Is that true? And if it is, how can that be a "pro"?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Con's

- you can get lost if your not paying attention to the maps

- you have to run or walk every were <span id='postcolor'>

How does this guy gets back to his house every day I'll never know.

And these are his DF2 "review"

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Pro's

1. Sniper rifle.. he he

2. sneaking up one people with the guinea suit

3. blowing up buildings and multi kills with one shot

4. riding stuff and coming in by parachute

5. sneaking  up on enemies in the water and cutting there necks.. Shew I sound evil..

Con's

1. you can still get lost <span id='postcolor'>

Guinen suit???  Multi Kills... sneaking up on enemies and cutting necks...

And he's pissed off that you can still get lost.  Play OFP and follow the yellow box, you tard.

-=Die Alive=-

300km sniping, lol!  biggrin.gif

"You are lame, you sniped me with your deathstar!!!  mad.gif  " "N0, sux4r, I`/V\ l33t!!!"  tounge.gif  tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Die Alive @ Feb. 17 2003,12:09)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Here's some parts of his review on Delta Force 1

http://www.windowsquest.com/pete/Reviews/deltaforce.htm

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">pro's

1. sniper rifle kill range up to 300 km

<span id='postcolor'>

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Con's

- you can get lost if your not paying attention to the maps

- you have to run or walk every were <span id='postcolor'><span id='postcolor'>

This is priceless... biggrin.gif See, some people are really not qualified for certain tasks beyond eating and breathing. tounge.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

4. scope on more weapons {if your  target is a realistic 300m you need a scope, I have shot targets at 300m with a m16 A2 I know}

<span id='postcolor'>

Well, years ago in the Bundeswehr I had to hit a man-shaped training target 300m away with a 34-year-old G3 -without scope. Yes it's difficult, but OFP wants to be realistic, that's why there are no HalfLifeSuperMassacreKillEverybodyWithBringingCrosshairOverThem-weapons (except for the M41a wink.gif)! We can be glad OFP's weapons don't have twisted barrels (Some G3s nearly shot around the corner, you had to know your aim-point...).

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">

I was in the national guard for 6 years as a combat military police. I know the movements and attack, this game had me lost with out that stupid yellow box.

<span id='postcolor'>

Err...I hope he's lying. Otherwise we have to assume the National Guard is a bunch of unskilled hobby soldiers... confused.gif

Wow, either his site is really populare (err, right lol) or this topic boosted his counter up pretty seriously - from 62 to 1243 in just 9-10 hours  wow.gif  wow.gif

Edit: 5 hours wow.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (iNeo @ Feb. 17 2003,19:19)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Wow, either his site is really populare (err, right lol) or this topic boosted his counter up pretty seriously - from 62 to 1243 in just 9-10 hours  wow.gif  wow.gif

Edit: 5 hours wow.gif<span id='postcolor'>

Well, he might not like Flashpoint, but at the very least he should be happy that we all boosted his hit counter up so high!!

But to call this a review isnt really fair. I would more refer to it as a rant, or a blog... not a review.