Sign in to follow this  
Ludovico Technique

Addon suggestion

There's been a glut of really high quality special forces mods appear recently, and this has caused a problem. The original BIS troops simply aren't up to standard. UCE's Soviet infantry is amazing, as are Frandsen's Marines and BAS's new bunch of SpecOps boys and many others. What is lacking now for the West I feel are the grubby regular troops that do most of the actual grunt work. Sort of like the shabby, unkempt looking US Army infantry from the second Vietnam pack, only modern.

I reckon reservists would be a good addon, you could remodel them in authentic kit rather than the generic BIS kit, you could make the models a little podgier and you could have them run slower and get tired much faster. Obviously such guys would make the game tougher to play, but I think they would really rock.

Any thoughts?

I find the east to be lacking a few things.

OK, with the new delta force rangers I would have to say they are lacking just about everything.

(Should point out this is in response to Black Dog, yeah I know I should use the quote button)

I disagree. The East has the best general infantry (UCEs replacements for the basic infantry are top notch) and the East has the best tanks and APCs. What they are really lacking is a similarly well made bunch of Spec Ops to match the BAS Spec Ops. I don't see that happening though for the simple reason that in real life Spetsnatz don't have anything like as much funky gear as the Deltas.

What the West really lacks are the basic troopers. The bog standard western infantry that come with the game are okay, but they could be done so much better with the pool of expertise currently at work on various addons.

I think the west are missing aircraft. I have tons of West aircraft, a few resistance but I only have the standar east aircraft, a few re-made east aircraft, the an-124 and the mi-26.........hope I got those numbers right.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I don't see that happening though for the simple reason that in real life Spetsnatz don't have anything like as much funky gear as the Deltas.<span id='postcolor'>

Oh yes they have wink.gif. There just aren't so much information given to public, but some web searching can give better picture.

There is a "basic" soldier in BAS rangers/delta's addon. It's basicly a ranger with no arm patch. BAS even provided the arm patches (from the 82thAirb, 101thAA, 10thMt), you could even make you're own arm patches and put them in the BAS_weap.pbo, To get the patches is just a matter of reading the two readme's. Although they still have a M4 sopmod, you could always edit their init so that you would eventually have Autoriflemen and stuff.  smile.gif

edit:

There's a pic of it somewhere in the delta/rangers thread

Just an idea-

You could use (at least for the russkies) Walker's PPSH+Moisin etc. troops for conscripts, and when the T-34/85 comes out, you could use it as a conscript tank. I dunno, maybe home guard units.

Hugz and Kisses(in bombs and bullets)

Crew

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (mr. Duck @ Feb. 17 2003,14:04)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">There is a "basic" soldier in BAS rangers/delta's addon. It's basicly a ranger with no arm patch. BAS even provided the arm patches (from the 82thAirb, 101thAA, 10thMt), you could even make you're own arm patches and put them in the BAS_weap.pbo, To get the patches is just a matter of reading the two readme's. Although they still have a M4 sopmod, you could always edit their init so that you would eventually have Autoriflemen and stuff.  smile.gif

edit:

There's a pic of it somewhere in the delta/rangers thread<span id='postcolor'>

those three units all use modified M4s w/pac 4 lasers and acog so it is realistic plus almost everyone now has that same body armor so just using that basic BAS soldier is good for none SOG missions smile.gif