Sign in to follow this  
Nauree

How to win montignac must fall?

Iv restarted the game and i wana beat this lvl cause i dont wana waist my time runing "After Montignac".

So my squad goes up every1 is still alive even on both other squads after we take Montignac. So im chilling for a sec and then HQ tells us to retreat. So the truck comes up we get in and head to Provins or whatever. Right before we get there it stops and we get out and the truck parks at this local gas station behind us. So the first time i go up and assault but wait i here this BOOM and then I hear the truck has been destroyed and there sending a heli to pick us up. So that comes then this hind comes and im like shit so i grab this RPG launcher off this dead dude and try my luck shooting down the hind but i miss and we run off into the forest so then i restart the mission. But this time when the truck goes to park at the gas station i gaurd it. Then it just combusts. there where no enemy soldiers around and im like WTH. its like freaken impossible.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Nauree @ Feb. 13 2003,07:39)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">and we run off into the forest so then i restart the mission.<span id='postcolor'>

Why did you restart it? You should try seeing the mission through. Your squad is supposed to go into the forest to avoid the Mi-24 and after a bit the mission ends with you and your squad left stranded. Then the next mission is one of the best in the campaign, so stop restarting.

p.s. The truck will always blow up so don't bother with it, or the Hind, leave the Hind alone.

Anyway, if you get tired of restarting the mission and want to move on, search The FAQ for "sp cheats" and consider using either the ENDMISSION cheat code or the more powerful CAMPAIGN cheat code.

Everything in this mission is strictly scripted. I once shot down the Hind with the RPG (after dozens of saves & re-loads, of course tounge.gif ) but the extraction chopper got downed anyway. And - to my dismay - the Hind I shot down re-appeared in After Montignac to bother me. And I shot it down again. Two air kills in a mission with only one Hind. Neat, eh? wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Spitfire @ Feb. 13 2003,11:24)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">And - to my dismay - the Hind I shot down re-appeared in After Montignac to bother me.<span id='postcolor'>

The same one? Did you see a hole through its fuselage or something? tounge.gif

Wait wait i get it now. Iv actualy won cause i took montignac but had to retreat at provins. sooo if i kill fail at taking montignac by like killing my own team...yes yes i see now

My squad survived, and i was standing there in the forest everybody was alive and then it went to After Montignac. I didn't know at the time it had two endings, so i was just chuft that it had completed.

I then spent a whole month on After Montignac, i finialy finished it, then when the resistance attacked the camp, they killed me with a grenade! So i then took another week to finish it again!

I just restarted OFP, 2nd time around, with super AI and veteran level. You want to talk about impossible, I get KIA in record times. I'm just after Montignac, in the woods fighting, and trying to get off the island. My biggest problem is seeing the enemy, everything is so dark. I liberated a sniper rifle, but that helps in some ways - hurts in others. Its still great fun.

I refuse to see whats so good about After Montignac crazy.gif All you do is put speed onto plus 4, then run around to the various evac points. Or is that just me :S

Just you smile.gif I liberated a town of an enemy squad and BMP, then borrowed a car and drove to the extraction point while keeping an eye out for tanks and such smile.gif

i played after montignac before, and got my ass kicked pretty hard the first times, but now im much better at ofp, so i thought why not try to get some revenge?

so i grabbed a law the first i did, ran out in the field, hid in a bush for a while, shooting down russkies as they came running. after a while a bmp comes driving, i law it right up its ass, then i run to provins and take out another bmp. the Hind comes looking for trouble, and i have a bit luck and manage to score a law hit in his ass, sending him headfirst into the ground. i continue to figari or whatever, taking out a t72 and lots of troops, then some time later i run straight through the woods and end up in the now soviet controlled morton. i sneak into the town, mowing down a bunch of russkies, the i hear a t80 coming! i hid in a bush next to the road, and with a little luck i manage to put 3 laws in him. then he stops. i think, maybe i shot out the crew? i run up to the tank and holy bazooka, they are all dead! and the tank is pretty much intact! harhar! i roam around in the area for a while, flattening troops (bis didnt equip these fellas with rgp's), i hear a t72 coming my way, hid behind some trees and sabot him when he drives by. i hear *swoooschboom* and realize there is a bmp heading towards me from another direction, his first sabot misses, and he never gets time to fire a second...muhaha...however, i drive to the alternate extraction point and get captured by the russkies, then in the "cutscene" where the resistance comes, i run out of the tent and woila, my t80! so i help the resistance boys a little and flatten some russkies, mission over, sucess biggrin.gif

Result: 1 Hind, 4 bmp's, 2 t72, 1 captured t80, and LOTS AND LOTS of troops, made me kinda proud tounge.gif

Settings: Veteran mode, super ai

wow.gif6--></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (KTM_Calle @ Mar. 20 2003,17wow.gif6)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">i played after montignac before, and got my ass kicked pretty hard the first times, but now im much better at ofp, so i thought why not try to get some revenge?

so i grabbed a law the first i did, ran out in the field, hid in a bush for a while, shooting down russkies as they came running. after a while a bmp comes driving, i law it right up its ass, then i run to provins and take out another bmp. the Hind comes looking for trouble, and i have a bit luck and manage to score a law hit in his ass, sending him headfirst into the ground. i continue to figari or whatever, taking out a t72 and lots of troops, then some time later i run straight through the woods and end up in the now soviet controlled morton. i sneak into the town, mowing down a bunch of russkies, the i hear a t80 coming! i hid in a bush next to the road, and with a little luck i manage to put 3 laws in him. then he stops. i think, maybe i shot out the crew? i run up to the tank and holy bazooka, they are all dead! and the tank is pretty much intact! harhar! i roam around in the area for a while, flattening troops (bis didnt equip these fellas with rgp's), i hear a t72 coming my way, hid behind some trees and sabot him when he drives by. i hear *swoooschboom* and realize there is a bmp heading towards me from another direction, his first sabot misses, and he never gets time to fire a second...muhaha...however, i drive to the alternate extraction point and get captured by the russkies, then in the "cutscene" where the resistance comes, i run out of the tent and woila, my t80! so i help the resistance boys a little and flatten some russkies, mission over, sucess biggrin.gif

Result: 1 Hind, 4 bmp's, 2 t72, 1 captured t80, and LOTS AND LOTS of troops, made me kinda proud tounge.gif

Settings: Veteran mode, super ai<span id='postcolor'>

BS, how did you manage to take out all that armor and air?

You said you grabbed a law.

A law has only 3 rounds.

You said you shot a BMP first.  Ok, BMP takes only 1 law round.

Then you said you took out another BMP.  Ok, so now you have one law left.

So now you take out a hind with 1 law??  Generally it takes 2 to drop it.  But if you say you got lucky and you knocked it to the ground I'll believe you.  Ok so you got lucky.

But the thing is laws have only 3 rounds.   So how you managed to take out all the other enemy armor you mentioned is beyond me.

I mean t72 tanks are no BMPs.  They are tough.  It takes atleast 3-4 shots with a law to take them out.

i play that mission in a similar way, cept for the aa story

what my problem is: you have to shoot down half of the guys runnin around there, like 30 ppl, be4 you find anything rpg-like

i normally stay in the woods, crouch and peer out from time to time... and take out some soldiers... even if i am damn good and every second round is a kill, i HAVE to leave cover to retrieve new rounds; by that time i have long switched to AK and rpg.

didnt play it for some time, but i am pretty sure, that there are like 2 rpg soldiers: the 1 lying right be4 you at the start and another one near the village where you find the car (forgot the name). all ammo crates i discovered were full uf hand grenades, ammo and pk... cept for 1 with, i think satchel charges, im not so sure about that part

i had a hard time to even destroy that few bmps there, like 3 of them... another one would have caught me a bit ... unprepared =)

I beat Montignac Must Fall with half my squad left.. it annoyed me, though, because my leader hung back, and I was supposed to follow this Sergeant. After he died, I had to wait in PRovins for almost 10 minutes for my leader to catch up.

There were four of us left at the end of the mission, but then After Montignac starts, and I'm alone.

After Montignac drove me nuts. If I got right, even if I kill the first guy in the woods, the second one always hits me before I can get a bead on him.

Eventually I realised just to head left, at the start, instead of right, and found a route devoid of enemies. Which is good, because I'm HORRIBLE at fighting in the woods, just HORRIBLE.

I decided to play OFP again after a 1.5 year absence, and I had forgotten how much of a pain in the butt the "After Montignac" mission was. I don't recall being as frustrated with this mission as I am now. crazy.gif It's definitely one of the most difficult missions in the game.

Hmmm something's wrong. I also stopped playing OFP for about 1.5 years, and when I was playing before I would always go to that mission (After Montignac). So, no problem, with a FAQ and all. But now, I have the latest patch and the campaign patch for 1985 and whenever I play this mission, the truck to evacuate in is never destroyed! I get to evacuate then I go to a mission called "strange meeting" which makes me drive a truck to evacuate w/ my squad, but eventually I meet up with Resistance just like After Montignac. Weird, huh?

no one will believe me but when i played that mission i took a law and hid in the bushes, i killed all the ruskies i saw and the bmp. when the hind flew by i ran out to get its attention, it hovered shooting at where i was, but i wa sin a diff bush now, i took the rifle put it in 3 round burst and iron sighted the pilot. he died and the hind fell, but didnt explode. i shot the gunner and stole it. the missin is alot easier when your in a hind btw.

^^

Your right! I dont believe you cause the Hinds cockpit is bullet proof, it is impossible to shoot down a Hind with a rifle, it works for the blackhawk, cobra, chinook, etc but not for the hind nor the Mi17 wink.gif .

yup, Heatseekers correct, its impossible, also, notice how "getting the choppers attention" never really works either, it either shoots the feck out of you or just ignores you, doesnt sit there waiting to be shot.

1: the cockpit is NOT bulletproof, i didnt shoot the hind down i killed the pilot resulting in the hind not longer flying. then i killed the gunner WHILE he was STILL in the cockpit that is not bulletproof. then i stole the hind. tyvfm

2: the hind wasnt hovering there with its thumb up its ***. it was shooting where it last saw me. i then shot the pilot. and it CAN be done thank you very much.

It was easy for me, i didn't even fire a shot. I just put my escape and evasion training to good use and had terrain level on normal so i hid in little holes in the ground while enemy troops marched like 5 metres away. The first time i played it was driving a truck, and being someone who values his own skin i just told HQ to fuck off when they asked me to check out the farm and continued driving to morton, where i found no US troops or dead bodies, just a BMP, T72 and 3 squads waiting for me, they hadn't moved, it's dissapointing that HQ would lie to us about their presence on Everon. So i jumped out, my squad died and i evaded.

I was very much expecting to get captured by the Russians so i didn't bother looking around i just walked into the empty clearing. As soon as the officer in front of my tent died i got his gun and ran out with my AK on rock and roll.

Oops

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (icemaniac_02 @ April 17 2003,10:08)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">1: the cockpit is NOT bulletproof, i didnt shoot the hind down i killed the pilot resulting in the hind not longer flying. then i killed the gunner WHILE he was STILL in the cockpit that is not bulletproof. then i stole the hind. tyvfm<span id='postcolor'>

One may easily try this placing a hovering unarmed hind at 10 meters height in desert island and try to shoot the pilot or gunner, it wont happen, and i remember playing this mission in version 1.0 wow.gif , only way to do it was to avoid all enemies cause the A.I. was too freaking hard on that version, after 1.46 it became a peace of cake smile.gif .

Ok when I first played Montiaq must fall I was a sucess, I captured Montiaq with no sweat. Everyone is still alive eccept for 1 guy. Then the truck comes to get us, and we are off to Provins. We clean the town, nobody gets hurt. The truck explodes and we wait for the blackhawk to come and get us. Then when the UH-60 is shot down the leader says to go to the woods. There are 6 of us. Then we wait, mission ove, then After Montiaq starts, I'm like WTF all of my squad is dead! Why, how, I mean I still had 6 with me. Now what the heck. mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">, how did you manage to take out all that armor and air?

You said you grabbed a law.

A law has only 3 rounds.

You said you shot a BMP first. Ok, BMP takes only 1 law round.

Then you said you took out another BMP. Ok, so now you have one law left.

So now you take out a hind with 1 law?? Generally it takes 2 to drop it. But if you say you got lucky and you knocked it to the ground I'll believe you. Ok so you got lucky.

But the thing is laws have only 3 rounds. So how you managed to take out all the other enemy armor you mentioned is beyond me.

I mean t72 tanks are no BMPs. They are tough. It takes atleast 3-4 shots with a law to take them out.

<span id='postcolor'>

Ofcourse i didnt use just three law rounds for all of this, i used the two first ones to drop the bmp's, then i was lucky with the hind, and he slammed headfirst into the ground, exploding. What i didnt mention was that in that town were the hind went down (cant remember name, were last mission ended), there are a couple of ammo crates WITH LAWS!!

'Then i went on and took out the t72 and blabla

wink.gif