ShotScot

Developer ban issues

So I'm back in here in my search for help. 

A bit of background - I've played arma for 10+ years. I was a massive fan of arma project reality and realism servers. I also played life servers, original dayz (running round the shore with makarovs and flares), domination etc. Spent countless hours falling out with my other half about the time spent.... Some of you guys will know what I'm talking about!! 

I was global banned by battleye for unknown reasons. Dwarden requested more information from battleye about the ban, he has since gone quiet on me. 

I was banned after not having the game installed for over 6 months on my system. I decided to install and get back into it. I Loaded up the game, spending one minute in the game menu then exited the game. I decided I didn't have the time that night to get into a game. I went on next day to play and steam notified me I had been banned by the DEV. 

I have a global battleye ban yet I can play all other battleye games. 

I have played other battleye protected games in the days prior to my ban and after it. 

I had a perfectly clean 11 year old steam account. 

Over 2000+ hours in the arma series. 

I have not been banned from any other games  previously & since my ban. 

I literally spent one minute the game menu(in the last two weeks prior to my ban) (screenshot to prove it) 

I have emailed battleye 5 times with no response. The information supplied to Dwarden was enough for him to request more information. 

There is nothing stopping me setting up a new steam and buying it again but that is not the point. I've lost all my hours on my account and all my DLC and I have no single reason why! 

Weird it seems others have this DEV ban  recently, which I have never heard before. I know about the VAC and BE bans.

It is possible someone has gained access to some admin controls? Hacking games it not unusual for popular games but banning players who are passive and non griefers is exactly unusual. 

The Dev ban is a battleye global ban in relation to arma and Bohemia. Battleye ban on behalf of the dev which means steam notify you stating a dev ban. 

I know 100% there was nothing wrong on my end and my account has always been secure. 

Steam downloaded 54Gb of mods automatically when I reinstalled. I don't know if Battleye has maybe detected something suspicious with an old mod or something. 

I just want an answer and the issue resolved. 

quiet? i told you 21st July in DM that i checked and confirmed the ban is valid ...

also in this answer https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/235331-banned-by-game-developer/?do=findComment&comment=3442933

i explained why Valve calls those bans developer bans but it's normal BattlEye Global ban

22 minutes ago, Dwarden said:

quiet? i told you 21st July in DM that i checked and confirmed the ban is valid ...

also in this answer https://forums.bohemia.net/forums/topic/235331-banned-by-game-developer/?do=findComment&comment=3442933

i explained why Valve calls those bans developer bans but it's normal BattlEye Global ban

Yeh after giving you my GUID you checked and told me the ban was valid. After that you said you were requesting more information. 

On the 22nd of July I asked you if you had heard anything back from them and you told me 'no eta on that' 

So I was under the impression I am waiting on you getting more information so you could see exactly why I was banned. 

I'm not trying to cause any problems but you've got to understand where I am coming from! 

the ban is valid and that extra information only confirmed it as valid

And you can't tell me exactly what reason I was banned for? 

Its clear as day that what ever has happened has been misleading or mistaken. What ever they have detected was false! I mean I played battleye protected games before and after my ban..... Explain that? I've played this bloody game for over ten years. I've got most DLCs why on Gods earth would I spend all the money to go into the menu for one minute (not even join a game) and have some form of illegitimate software running?? Makes no sense what so ever. 

A simple ban reversal request would resolve the issue but it seem someone who has played the games for over ten years, invested over 2000+ hours in the series, purchased DLCs, joined communities and supported Bohemia through the years is not trusted or valued! 

It was painful leaving the review I did on steam but I'm glad I did. 500+ people have found it helpful. Hopeful that's 500 less people battleye can screw over. 

I have filed a GDPR request for my logs retrieved for issuing my ban! 

I've seen people go to hell and back trying to get unbanned for doing nothing wrong for them to find out and prove a hash on an empty string or file resulted in a ban! I will get to the bottom of this! 

There is an abundance of evidence out there of battleye falsely banning individuals for stupid stuff like a hash on an empty string flagged and banned them. The problem is when it only happens to the odd individual here or there you get no support. Battleye only own up when a mistake on thier behalf results in a mass ban! 

I have given up on that matter a year ago! After 20 Years in the Community.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Beagle said:

I have given up on that matter a year ago! After 20 Years in the Community.

Time wasted mate and BI don't care about loyal supporters of the game