Sign in to follow this  
STS_SolidSnake

Unreal ii

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (placebo @ Feb. 10 2003,20:00)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">the only interest I have in Unreal 2 is future games that will be made with the engine.<span id='postcolor'>

Me too smile.gif

The only reason I hope Idsoftware and Epic come up with extraordinaire engines are som that other can make real games on it.

i.e. non-sci-fi and reallistic games wink.gif

In short: good games

Naah, good games don't always have to be realistic like OFP wink.gif, Thief games and Deus Ex are good examples smile.gif.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Feb. 10 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Naah, good games don't always have to be realistic like OFP wink.gif, Thief games and Deus Ex are good examples smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

With realistic I meant more like the opposite of Unreal and Quake wink.gif

I like DeusEx. It's partially reallistic

Crap! First Unreal even now looks 10 times better, who cares about the graphics if gamepolay is lame and even skaarjes look like a bunch of sissies!!! mad.gif

Legend and Epic should be shot in the head! mad.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (N.o.R.S.u @ Feb. 10 2003,22:33)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">Naah, good games don't always have to be realistic like OFP wink.gif, Thief games and Deus Ex are good examples smile.gif.<span id='postcolor'>

These two games are great, because they have depth, that`s something I miss in Unreal II so far sad.gif

Yes unfortunately that's the usual problem with todays 3D-shooters. SOF2, RTCW and NOLF for example may all be fun for few first levels but then they get repeating itself sad.gif. It doesn't help quite much if the game has some fancy new features like gore in SOF2 or Nazis in RTCW, if it can't give something new or interesting in every level. Or just like FallenPaladin said it's missing depth.

See the thread about the games indusrty

Its crap, graphics over substance, sold my copy before ven completing it I was that bored and pissed off iwth it.

Where's the puzzles and suspense from the first game gone?

Ripped out for crappy, preachy cut scenes and unneccesary large graphic data.

Too much Hollywood-itus in the game industry. There will be a shakeup of the perpetrators of this evil soon, when they start going bankrupt, and the children who they have ripped off start throwing eggs at them in the streets. Then they'll claim the industry is in trouble and nothing can be done about it. At that point the true innovators and talent will emerge to take the lead, defying all the critics. Then the vultures will swoop down and destroy all chance of creativity for a few more years.