bardosy

Mission name problem [SOLVED]

My missions filename (the save name in Editor) is Alamo. But I add a better name in General settings: "CO09: Hold Alamo".

I exported the mission to MPmission.

When I start a new server and want to select the mission, I saw my mission's file name in the mission list. (very annoying because I looking for it in the "CO" part of the list).

If I load the mission in my serve,r I saw the normal name "CO09: Hold Alamo" everywhere in the GUI.

Only the mission list show the wrong name.

What did I wrong? How can I fix this?

It's still a problem, but I found out it connected somehow the description.ext.

Until I didnt use description.ext, the mission name works properly. But if I add a description.ext (eg because I use a voice or music) the mission name won't show properly in mission list.

I tried to bypass the editor mission name and name the mission in description.ext, but still show the filename in the mission list (all other places it show well, except the mission list).

Image:

https://ibb.co/LkWrWYR

21 hours ago, bardosy said:

It's still a problem, but I found out it connected somehow the description.ext.

Until I didnt use description.ext, the mission name works properly. But if I add a description.ext (eg because I use a voice or music) the mission name won't show properly in mission list.

I tried to bypass the editor mission name and name the mission in description.ext, but still show the filename in the mission list (all other places it show well, except the mission list).

Image:

https://ibb.co/LkWrWYR

You have to use both description.ext and fill the same parameters in the editor.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Kalle M. said:

You have to use both description.ext and fill the same parameters in the editor.

No, you don't. Either use one or the other, but description.ext entries will take priority over anything entered in their corresponding sections in the editor. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, RCA3 said:

Did you use briefingName?

Thank you! It worked.

I feel myself as a noob. My only excuse it was not necessary two years ago when I made missions last time.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 5/24/2021 at 9:59 AM, beno_83au said:

No, you don't. Either use one or the other, but description.ext entries will take priority over anything entered in their corresponding sections in the editor. 

Doesn't work for me if I only fill the parameters in the editor. I must also create description.ext and define briefingName parameter there to make it work properly.