Twiznak

[Help] setObjectScale on simulated objects?

Hi everyone!¬†I have a good one for you all today. With the release of the art of war DLC, my mind was blown by the miniatures on display in the museum. I researched and found the wiki on¬†setObjectScale¬†. In the section entitled "Problem(s)"¬†ūüė鬆it reads

The Arma 3 LOD limits still apply, meaning walk-able surfaces can only be X m in size, and collision in general will only work up to X m from object center. This command works on all objects in Eden Editor or scenario preview, but it will not save and will reset when objects get moved. Eden Editor support is only intended for artists. Setting the scale of actively simulated objects (Vehicles with players/AI in them) is possible, but not officially supported, you may encounter issues.

and again my mind is blown. setting the scale of simulated objects! OMG, Shrink-ray gun mod! and arma versions of old movies: Fantastic Voyage && Attack of the 50 Foot Woman && GODZILLA . But first HOW?!? How do we set the scale of a simulated object and what are the issues we are going to encounter? If my journey through arma has taught me anything, it's that in the absence of a direct solution, there is ALWAYS a work around. Let's have this discussion. Please, how do we do this and what are the issues we are going to encounter?

Gunny, I shrank the Kids!

A52416FB6C694781AF93CF0814BEC661617E8C92

D55A287010D1129A11A23C87B84315422BC2EC58

671455E1F16C9987242E9A1A693365F372972AC6

C402CD4F7ECB49520F4EF98BF7293EC2B96056AD516F4136D5B58993F653AFCDBD35F71362046388

• Like 1

just tried this:

put a man down and named him dude1
in his init:

[] spawn {
	while {alive dude1} do {
	dude1 setObjectScale 0.3;
	};
};

and it seems like its working , atleast he is running and chasing me XD

so funny he is ant man

https://i.imgur.com/4qLoZCK.gifv

so funny XD

Spoiler

CAQ72he.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 3/3/2021 at 1:48 AM, Alert23 said:

just tried this:

put a man down and named him dude1
in his init:

[] spawn {
	while {alive dude1} do {
	dude1 setObjectScale 0.3;
	};
};

and it seems like its working , atleast he is running and chasing me XD

so funny he is ant man

https://i.imgur.com/4qLoZCK.gifv

so funny XD

Reveal hidden contents

CAQ72he.jpg

Hi, Thank you! Sorry for the late reply, I have been super busy. When I get this up and functional I will add you to the credits of whatever I make with it. THANK YOU!

• Haha 1

I love the Fantastic Voyage pic. What mod has the female in bathing suit?

I didn't think of a constant loop resetting scale.  Is that expensive performance-wise I wonder?

I'm trying a different approach where I attach scaled unit to an invisible normal unit, then control the scaled unit's animations.  Will be releasing something soon.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, johnnyboy said:

I love the Fantastic Voyage pic. What mod has the female in bathing suit?

I didn't think of a constant loop resetting scale.  Is that expensive performance-wise I wonder?

I'm trying a different approach where I attach scaled unit to an invisible normal unit, then control the scaled unit's animations.  Will be releasing something soon.

Hi! The mod is ZEPHIK Female units. I want to try your approach when it's ready. Right now the loop works for set setObjectScale .4 and 10. Not a noticeable impact on performance. Main issue I have encountered is running as a gaint ( setObjectScale 10¬†) , stubbing my tow on a wall or house and dying ūüôā¬†pretty funny to watch.

• Like 2