Sign in to follow this  
fighter

Awp sniper rifle by smith !

Wow, that's a really nice model. I remember using that one when I played CS.  smile.gif

Oh, he probably called it AWP since that's what it's called in CS. confused.gif

this addon is not the normal sniper rifle found in cs, the awp is a 7.62 (and varius other calibers, .338 etc) rifle, the AW50 (what the model is) is a 50 caliber rifle

edit: rap, it doesnt look like a reskin to me, looks like a brand new model

AWP_SMITH_5.jpg

awp.jpg

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 04 2003,20:07)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">im not sure why hes called it an AWP, its an AW50<span id='postcolor'>

If you know that. You know too much.

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 04 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">edit: rap, it doesnt look like a reskin to me, looks like a brand new model<span id='postcolor'>

You can download the cs model here, http://www.counterstrikecenter.com/

wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (STS_SolidSnake @ Feb. 04 2003,22:52)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Eviscerator @ Feb. 04 2003,21:16)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">edit: rap, it doesnt look like a reskin to me, looks like a brand new model<span id='postcolor'>

You can download the cs model here, http://www.counterstrikecenter.com/

wink.gif<span id='postcolor'>

i wasnt denying it was a cs converted model, i meant it wasnt a reskin of the AWP, but rap has told me 'skin' in the cs world includes a model...which is just strange....

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You will find this weapon under: East>Men>Sniper (AWP). <span id='postcolor'>

Why put a british weapon on the east side?

Accuracy International AW50F

AW50F.gif

Caliber: .50 BMG

Action: Bolt Action

Length: 1350 mm

Weight: 13.6 kg

Magazine: 5 round, detachable box magazine

Barrel Length: 686 mm

Sights: 3-12x50 MKII

When I played Counter-Strike (I'm so ashamed), I always prefered my trusty eating knife over the AWP/AWM.

I was just that kind of guy wink.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">You will find this weapon under: East>Men>Sniper (AWP).<span id='postcolor'>

This confused me too... And the screenshots have an US soldier using the weapon. American flag shoulder patch and all. And it looked like it was being aimed at Russian men and vehicles.

Can someone explain this to me?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">removeallweapons this; this magazine "AWMmag"......x?; this addweapon "AWM"<span id='postcolor'>

This is a quote from the readme file. Just remove and then add. Also the American Flag is backwards.

It must be a CS model, the bolt's on the wrong side! tounge.gif

I'm sure there are left hander custom versions, but there ain't no SOuthpaws in OFP. wink.gif

Still, it looks fantastic, and I like the scope too.

I think this qualifies as a sci-fi addon...

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">When I played Counter-Strike (I'm so ashamed), I always prefered my trusty eating knife over the AWP/AWM.

I was just that kind of guy   <span id='postcolor'>

What has that have to do with this thread?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">If you know that. You know too much.<span id='postcolor'>

How could anyone ever know 'too much'?

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote </td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">How could anyone ever know 'too much'?<span id='postcolor'>

Think this guy knew to much.. :-)

scan05.gif

PS.. It's not real.. From the old movie Scanners..

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Feb. 05 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think this qualifies as a sci-fi addon...<span id='postcolor'>

No, the AW50 is an actual rifle:

ai50sm.gif

http://www.50bmgstore.com/ai50bmg.htm

Sorry to nit pick, but...

.338 Lapua magnum. The AWP (Arctic Warfare Police) can be chambered to fire the 243 Win., 6.5x55mm Swedish, 7.5x55mm Swiss and .308 Winchester. The AWM (Arctic Warfare Magnum) can be chambered in .300 Win mag, and .338 Lapua mag. Both of which are in the AW line of precision rifles.

Don't believe everything you see in video games.

Oh, and accuracy international doesn't seem to have any information on their site that is of any use, but you can look here: http://www.ketmer.com/ai/defense/awm/index.htm

And here: http://www.ketmer.com/ai/defense/awp/index.htm

for information.

yeah, my bad. I meant .338 Lapua Magnum. In fact, I was coming right back in here to try and sneakily edit my post smile.gif but seeing as how you caught me, I'll fess up biggrin.gif

</span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (Tex [uSMC] @ Feb. 05 2003,23:12)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE"></span><table border="0" align="center" width="95%" cellpadding="3" cellspacing="1"><tr><td>Quote (CrunchyFrog @ Feb. 05 2003,14:53)</td></tr><tr><td id="QUOTE">I think this qualifies as a sci-fi addon...<span id='postcolor'>

No, the AW50 is an actual rifle:

ai50sm.gif

http://www.50bmgstore.com/ai50bmg.htm<span id='postcolor'>

Yes, I know that, but the model is incorrect, the caliber is incorrect, the name is incorrect. The gun doesnt exist, sorta... a AWP with wrong model, wrong caliber and bolt is on the wrong side.